PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to put something new in the game!

krazii
02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Devs/Sam (since you mentioned I should post this),

Can you give us an idea of what it takes to implement something in the game, say a new weapon. How many man hours? How long?, What is the general proces, etc.

I ask because I, like many, are starving for something new in SL, perhaps some new pink weapons and shields or something along those lines and when you mentioned that there'd be nothing new until after DL (and likelly at least a month after that), it kinda threw water on my (and others) hopes for something in the game. To be frank, we feel abandoned. So I would like to understand what it takes to implement something like this. On the surface it probably seems easier then it is, but a better understand would at least clarify things for us.

Thanks,

Ihavenokills
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Devs/Sam (since you mentioned I should post this),

Can you give us an idea of what it takes to implement something in the game, say a new weapon. How many man hours? How long?, What is the general proces, etc.

I ask because I, like many, are starving for something new in SL, perhaps some new pink weapons and shields or something along those lines and when you mentioned that there'd be nothing new until after DL (and likelly at least a month after that), it kinda threw water on my (and others) hopes for something in the game. To be frank, we feel abandoned. So I would like to understand what it takes to implement something like this. On the surface it probably seems easier then it is, but a better understand would at least clarify things for us.

Thanks,

It takes a while if you want good updates. add on making another completely new game and upkeeping pocket legends it would probably set back their schedule by weeks maybe months to make something from scratch. I, also, feel abandoned in the world of SL :[ went from a popular fun game to "k im capped....now what?" so i'm back to pocket legends...

Slant
02-01-2012, 05:08 PM
donno what they have done but the prices seem to be at the correct levels except for the level cap items... so think they got it right this time around :P
as for more stuff, there is a limit to how much stuff there can be so less stuff now means more stuff in distant future updates, which is a good thing

Anishavie
02-02-2012, 04:16 AM
I got nothing to do in SL so and even though the graphics of PL are good
But the style of graphics is not for me so I got on the Internet and search for fun
mmos to play

Making DL really does set back the schedule but it should be better once DL is out
and it will probably return back to normal once DL is not beta anymore

flashbackflip
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Good question, Krazii!

Really interesting what it takes to produce all what we ask for

Will give us understanding of the process and ease out our lust for fast-made-content, i guess..

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I got nothing to do in SL so and even though the graphics of PL are good
But the style of graphics is not for me so I got on the Internet and search for fun
mmos to play

Making DL really does set back the schedule but it should be better once DL is out
and it will probably return back to normal once DL is not beta anymore

Disagree.. have you not seen the last two campaign releases in PL since SL was released? Dying and moving on to new content for DL (It's where all my and others funding have gone)

Ardon
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
It's a cycle. It'll happen to DL, and then STS will come out with another game. Then again and again.
That's just what it seems like to me.

Honestly, I don't think coming out with another game is smart, especially when your players are pleading for new content and many hardcore players are leaving or spending less and less time online.

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
It's very sadden'ing to see such a trend. Now I can relate to how PL 'of the old' members felt when SL was released :/

Aculeas
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
How about a little patience?

Ardon
02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Most of us have patience. Speaking for myself, I want more content and more ways to waste my time in game. Because honestly, I'm gonna try out DL but that's a different game. I shouldn't have to switch to another game to fill my needs.

Content is King.

I'd like to know how the game I play is made. That'd be cool. To have an understanding of how it's made. So I can also understand why somethings can and can't happen.

octavos
02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
How about a little patience?

Yes, Every game needs lovin...some just take a bit longer than others. Im sure next updates will be fabulous.:vwink: