PDA

View Full Version : Killing the fever (like a real one, not gold fever...)

dudetus
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
So i've caught a cold and I am pretty feverish. Only bad part of it is that me and my gf are going TOMORROW to see one of Finland's best comedian on his live show. We even got the tickets on the first row right in front of him.

So I wouldn't want to spend that whole show just thinking "when am I getting out of here to my warm bed".

Any advice how to instakill fever? I am all drugged up from painkillers and vitamin c but they don't seem to be working that well.

P.S. I am legally an adult so any advice including alcohol are cool as well.

cjackyo
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Sweat it out. Wrap up with too many cloths and a blanket and sweat like crazy. Stay covered up and stay warm. Meds r overrated. Good luck and get well soon u and ur gf. :)

trixie
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm so sorry you're sick :(. Sleep usually helps me to get it out of my system. Try that and stay well hydrated. Drinks lots of water.

MimeRifle
02-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Acetaminophen will usually reduce any fever that isn't TOO bad. My advice would be to use that, and if your fever is so high that doesn't work, you really should stay home anyway so you don't get sicker (or make others sick too).

That'll be $150 USD.

Dr. Mime :smiley_simmons:

Piosidon
02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Drink lots of water and sweat to let heat escape

Artentreri
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
So, who's the comedian?

Sryyoulose
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Take probiotic or homeopathic fever reducer(at walmart)

Ps why on PL forums?

Artentreri
02-02-2012, 12:45 AM

Ps why on PL forums?

Eh, I've done the same thing. I mean, we're all (mostly) friends here, so why not ask our friends if they know anything? To me it's like texting someone back before 3G. You know they'll see it, you just never know when.

dudetus
02-02-2012, 02:53 AM

Ps why on PL forums?

As Artenteri said I am trying any possible options to get rid of this fever and I know that in different countries there are different methods.

Too bad we don't have a Walmart in Finland... And those "heat reducers" are an option in Finland only when ur fever is that high that u need to go to a hospital so that is not possible for me since it is only like a flu.

Eh, I've done the same thing. I mean, we're all (mostly) friends here, so why not ask our friends if they know anything? To me it's like texting someone back before 3G. You know they'll see it, you just never know when.

Ty u made my point :)

dudetus
02-02-2012, 02:55 AM
So now my plan is that I am going to wrap myself into all sorts of clothes to sweat the fever out and drinking plenty of water while I am asleep.

Sounds like a plan!!

Well seriously I'll try all of these out!

TY for ur help and I sure hope I will kill my fever!

dudetus
02-02-2012, 03:01 AM
So, who's the comedian?

The comedian is called Sami Hedberg and he is (still IMO) the best comedian we have atm. His jokes are in finnish though so it is kinda hard for other than finns to watch it :( ...

He is very good at making different noises and sounds (like a finnish Gabriel Iglesias!) and he has some KILLER jokes :D. But it is kinda hard to explain the jokes since the jokes are made from a finnish point of view which some don't consider funny. But we finns sure do :D !

Artentreri
02-02-2012, 09:42 AM
As Artenteri said I am trying any possible options to get rid of this fever and I know that in different countries there are different methods.

Too bad we don't have a Walmart in Finland... And those "heat reducers" are an option in Finland only when ur fever is that high that u need to go to a hospital so that is not possible for me since it is only like a flu.

Ty u made my point :)

No problem bud, and you never told me which comedian it was. I'm always lookin for a new one since the late great George Carlin. R. I. P.
Oh, and dude you're so lucky, I wanna live in a world without wal-mart!

dudetus
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Well I got rid of the fever and I had one of the funniest nights I've ever had :D!! Thanks to my first row place (and the fact that I am oh so handsome lol) he even sang me a love song!

No problem bud, and you never told me which comedian it was. I'm always lookin for a new one since the late great George Carlin. R. I. P.
Oh, and dude you're so lucky, I wanna live in a world without wal-mart!

Aehm see my post above urs ;)

Artentreri
02-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Sorry, I've been pretty out of it the last few days. Babies = no sleep.

Zeus
02-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Sorry, I've been pretty out of it the last few days. Babies = no sleep.

Wait till you have to deal with us teenagers. O.O

I swear, we aren't that bad, we are terrible! :D

Artentreri
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't worry, I remember how I was. They say your kids are three times worse, man I'm screwed.