PDA

View Full Version : Deal of the day freeze

LADYHADASSA
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
When you first log onto pl the deal of the day pops up... However... When a player goes to the continue map they can get routed to" getting the deal of the day" and the screen freezes, i love the offers but several times after initial log in is aggrivating, especially to get stuck on the screen to the point of rebooting the devise to get the server to let you disconnect, this has happened 4 x prior and twice today in my 10 min log in... Thanks for taking a look

PL Playa
02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm confused you are saying whenever you login the DoD pops up, and if you hit continue too soon it freezes??

Flip
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
We haven't seen the DotD freezing in the way you describe. What device are you using LadyHadassa?

drewcapu
02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
The main problem is it should just go directly to the DotD screen upon login instead of going to the player screen and then the DotD screen pops up "at some point". In Lady's case, she clicks continue before the DotD pops up. But with the lag (and there is a lot of lag these days when joining), the DotD screen tries to pop up while she is continuing/joining midstream. Thus, the lockup.

Snakespeare
02-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I just duplicated it the way Drew describes. Immediately upon logging in, I hit CONTINUE, and then the "Getting Today's Deal..." message popped up and my screen is stuck on it. I'm on an iPhone 4.

FluffNStuff
02-02-2012, 03:35 PM
This problem has happened to me multiple times in the past two days, exactly as described. Device is iPhone 4.

LADYHADASSA
02-02-2012, 07:47 PM
We haven't seen the DotD freezing in the way you describe. What device are you using LadyHadassa?
I am on ipad, and thisnjust hapoened again, when i log on the dod pops up, i say not at this time, my charecter pops up i hit continue so i can go gather exp and it says gathering thr daily deal a blue screen with white letter accross, it just freezes on that screen, to check duration, i received tha screen, mad supoer came back same screen...

LADYHADASSA
02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
The main problem is it should just go directly to the DotD screen upon login instead of going to the player screen and then the DotD screen pops up "at some point". In Lady's case, she clicks continue before the DotD pops up. But with the lag (and there is a lot of lag these days when joining), the DotD screen tries to pop up while she is continuing/joining midstream. Thus, the lockup.
Nope... I get the deal of the day.... Then my charecter loads i hit continue and a notice that dod is being retreived pops on and freezes the screen... Another words the continue button is not working properley ... This can also hapoen after leaving a finished map, if a player goes to logmout screen and continue...

StompArtist
02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
This also happens on Xperia Play. The idea is that the character screen shows up and you click on a button (enter towne or continue) fast enough that the game starts loading but then at the same time the deal of the day finally pops up.

I have had this issue for a long time but somehow just felt that waiting for the deal of the day to show up before clicking anywhere was normal. I guess I am used to bugs due to my job. lol