PDA

View Full Version : being able to rent gear from cs?

Skeletonlord
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Guys, I constantly see people asking me, "can you buy me this item in cs? I can't afford", and I think I have a solution. There should be an option to rent gear for a certain amount of time. For example, you might pay 5-10k to rent an 150k+ item for a week, or for a few days. So players can't steal your items, there could be an auto lock feature in your inventory so it cannot be deleted or sold again, only for trying and previewing. After the time is up, it is taken away from your inventory, and added back to the CS.

Tell me what you think, I think this is a good idea!

xbabybugszx
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
I dont see a way it culd be teleported from your inventory and back into the cs. Only STS can transfer things like this from one place to another. Maybe in the future this could be a good idea.

Xazic
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd say that:
A) Would destroy the concept of selling gear, atleast prices would take a dip.
B) Could work if A PLAYER inserts his/her item in the RENT SECTION, thus gaining a little profit.
C) System would work like the long craved-for loan option, but the item could be placed for a certain amount of time in the rent section.

This would work from my perspective ^

Swimmingstar
02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd say that:
A) Would destroy the concept of selling gear, atleast prices would take a dip.
B) Could work if A PLAYER inserts his/her item in the RENT SECTION, thus gaining a little profit.
C) System would work like the long craved-for loan option, but the item could be placed for a certain amount of time in the rent section.

This would work from my perspective ^

They could make renting a bigger price. And it could be up for rent for 1 day for 100k so it wouldn't exactly destroy the market.

XghostzX
02-02-2012, 06:48 PM
How about a bidding system too? Like there's a starting price to bid at but there's also the main, set price where someone can buy the item instantly. The bid is like getting a deal.

OvigorothO
02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Why not put a section of the cs where you put the item you want in there but u don't put a price on it.each item has its own built in renting fee.this is to remove overpriced items. This would benefit both seller and buyer because the seller has a constant cash flow while the buyer has an alternative to paying full price for an item.and in order to eliminate the debt factor the item will be returned to the cs as soon as the player runs out of gold on the single character.the money will be "leeched" from u as long as the item is being borrowed.if you go offline for a while with the item still rented u probably come back broke..and the price of posting the item for rent will depend on how many people you want allowed to rent your item at once

Ill go ahead and be brutally honest with myself...revolutionary ideas are more than likely always doubted by many

Xazic
02-02-2012, 07:01 PM
How about a bidding system too? Like there's a starting price to bid at but there's also the main, set price where someone can buy the item instantly. The bid is like getting a deal.

That'd work well if you have like a timed bidding system:
StepA) Person leaves item X in bidding section in cs.
StepB) The bid is 100k, if nobody raises the bid in the next, lets say, 30 minutes, the item X goes to the Person bidding.
If the bid is raised, (Here a minimum amount that can be raised, preventing 1 gold raises, etc.), the step above takes place, and the circle continues.

Xazic
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Deleted due to posting same reply twice... iPhone to blame.

Swords
02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
i thought we were sticking to the topic of renting gear instead of bidding?

XghostzX
02-02-2012, 11:13 PM
i thought we were sticking to the topic of renting gear instead of bidding?

We are, I was just explaining an additional suggestion since renting gear seems kind of hard. Dont' get me wrong, it wouldn't be hard to create but it might really make items go out of their price...