PDA

View Full Version : Fps drop on IOS devices

Musickero
05-16-2020, 03:58 AM
*Device: Apple Iphone 6S Plus 32Gb
*Os Version: IOS 13.4.1
*Connectivity: LTE Mobile data
*Peocessor: 1800 Mhz (not jail broken)
*Al version: 2.7.6 (274100.92700.274889)

*Issue: My ping is stable and yet i am experiencing extreme fps drops to the point that i couldn't play the game properly. Sometimes, the game also freezes. It all started when i've updated the ios system of my device. Please respond to my concern. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hakdog
05-16-2020, 04:03 AM
*Device: Apple Iphone 6S Plus 32Gb
*Os Version: IOS 13.4.1
*Connectivity: LTE Mobile data
*Peocessor: 1800 Mhz (not jail broken)
*Al version: 2.7.6 (274100.92700.274889)

*Issue: My ping is stable and yet i am experiencing extreme fps drops to the point that i couldn't play the game properly. Sometimes, the game also freezes. It all started when i've updated the ios system of my device. Please respond to my concern. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkActually, my friend is also having the same issues with his ios device. He said that it all started after installing the latest system update of his phone

Sent from my ATU-L22 using Tapatalk

Anil LK Joseph
05-16-2020, 06:45 AM
iPhone 7 here and same thing

Klomin
05-16-2020, 07:09 AM
Same issue here, iPhone 6 .
Software Version : 12.4.6

- Klomin

Mitsooos
05-16-2020, 08:01 AM
I was having this problem in egg event.
The game becomes unplayable like 1-2 fps. (The ping was stable green color)
I check my device with geekbench 4 battery test and I noticed cpu drop 50% after 70% off battery
The problem got fixed after I replaced my battery.(it was 7 years battery)
iPad Air 1gen iOS 12.4.6

Mitsooos
05-16-2020, 11:34 AM
Devs do the option in iOS devices :share analytics data to app developers helping in problems?

Futumsh
05-16-2020, 11:35 AM
Devs do the option in iOS devices :send analytics data to developers helping in problems?

If the app is crashing, yes, otherwise has no effect.

Musickero
05-16-2020, 06:25 PM
"what should i do to resolve the issue sir? it's been 3 days and I still continue to experience severe fps drops in the game"

Futumsh
05-16-2020, 06:37 PM
"what should i do to resolve the issue sir? it's been 3 days and I still continue to experience severe fps drops in the game"

No idea - it sounds like a consequence of the iOS update on older devices based on what people have been saying, not a change that we made. We may have some time to look into it next week.

Futumsh
05-16-2020, 11:26 PM
Something to check:
settings -> battery -> battery health

look under 'Peak Performance Capability' and see if says something about Performance management being applied and has a 'Disable...' link.

Musickero
05-16-2020, 11:33 PM
Good Day Sir,
My Battery health is 93%

Futumsh
05-16-2020, 11:36 PM
Good Day Sir,
My Battery health is 93%

... and why would I care about that?

Musickero
05-17-2020, 12:00 AM
Sir my phone is in good condition its 9 months old but when im ingame last friday playing deep marsh my phone started freeze same with my friends i cant play yet because of the issue.

Futumsh
05-17-2020, 12:37 AM
Sir my phone is in good condition its 9 months old but when im ingame last friday playing deep marsh my phone started freeze same with my friends i cant play yet because of the issue.

Ugh. I asked about a specific thing - is it there, or is it not?

Musickero
05-17-2020, 12:37 AM
i tried to play the game with the optimized battery charging on and also tried it when it's off - the game still experience fps drops
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200517/7f2d4b7f3df9d02e5df0fb270d607e6a.jpg

Futumsh
05-17-2020, 01:09 AM
The optimized battery charging thing is irrelevant, it's what's in the 'Peak Performance Capability' section that was a possibility. Whatever's happening here, it isn't that.

A better description of the exact behaviors you're seeing and where you're seeing them would be helpful. Performance seemed fine to me on my old 6S when I tried it earlier.

Musickero
05-17-2020, 01:40 AM
my character and all other players including the mobs and bosses can't move smoothly because of the high fps.

my ping seems to be stable ranging from 290ms to 340ms. This is the only issue that I've noticed so far. The lag makes it look like pictures projected at a slow motion speed.

Musickero
05-17-2020, 01:50 AM
im experiencing it all throughout any maps

Mitsooos
05-17-2020, 05:49 AM
Musickero, bro for sure is battery failed problem and best for you to check your battery with a battery checking program like This Geekbench 4 .because the time I was having this low FPS problem with my iPad Air 1gen.
I was able to play from my tiny screen iPod touch 6gen .

Musickero
05-17-2020, 07:51 AM
Sir Mitsooons, i think no because ill try other game high graphics but its work properly and better, same with my friend he use ios too.

Mitsooos
05-17-2020, 10:34 AM
Sir Mitsooons, i think no because ill try other game high graphics but its work properly and better, same with my friend he use ios too.

Me to the same bro. All others games played in my device but not arcane legends when this problem started.
Because I have the iPod touch with the same specifications I tried to play and the game works just fine.
I don’t tell you to replace your battery, only have a look with one battery checking program to see how really working your battery.
My test showed to me that the cpu was throttling to 50% after the 70% of the battery .
The game was green ping stable, the chat in game was goes extremely slow, and the game unplayable.
After replacing the battery and using the same iOS version my problem fixed.
I hope to find a solution to your problem.

Futumsh
05-17-2020, 11:06 AM
A few more questions:
* Does it happen in the lobby, or only after you enter a zone? Does it happen in all zones, or just some?
* Does it happen immediately, or only after being in game a while?
* Does it happen for a specific character, or all of them? (Ideally, check a new character since they wouldn't have any gear affecting it).
* If you charge device to full battery, then reboot, does it still happen?

Encryptions
05-17-2020, 12:16 PM
A few more questions:
* Does it happen in the lobby, or only after you enter a zone? Does it happen in all zones, or just some?
* Does it happen immediately, or only after being in game a while?
* Does it happen for a specific character, or all of them? (Ideally, check a new character since they wouldn't have any gear affecting it).
* If you charge device to full battery, then reboot, does it still happen?Android, Samsung Galaxy s7 active. I experience fps lag mainly in maps where enemies spawn through the ground. Valley portals, mog lair. I could open developer mode on my phone and edit settings so that it only focuses performance on the app that is currently opened. Maybe that fixes my issue, but I do think it is something with the battery in most phones, once a battery gets to a lower percentage; the phone will change settings to reduce power use which means you won't be getting much performance on apps.

Mitsooos
05-17-2020, 12:56 PM
Don’t forget to check in options if from a mistake (or someone else) move the bar from the setting=>game II=>battery/frame rate =>battery saver. From better frame rate to less battery usage.

Loloo
05-20-2020, 02:28 AM
Happen too me sometimes too but only in Expedition Camp when there are too much Fx Overlapped fron other Ppl

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Anil LK Joseph
05-20-2020, 05:41 AM
I changed my battery yesterday and it worked, no fps drop anymore
iPhone 7.