View Full Version : Is this type of overpricing still legal?

Jausa
05-17-2020, 02:16 AM
Hopefully not https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200517/a0fa1d275d222b04f1dd0b7dde177f2c.jpg

Ilove_Poopoo
05-17-2020, 02:25 AM
I've seen this player list things ridiculously high.

Obviously, in my opinion his/her intention is to scam, by taking advantage from unknowledgeable players, with the hopes that these players buy items in a wrong price, or are influenced to buy.

Of course, anyone can list anything for whatever price they want in auction. This isn't something STS bans for.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

ThreadPolice
05-17-2020, 02:34 AM
Hopefully not https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200517/a0fa1d275d222b04f1dd0b7dde177f2c.jpg

I think it is not illegal, but legal. I guess he hopes that quick purchase in order to make more money.. no idea tho.

YameteSenpai
05-17-2020, 03:09 AM
Blackmarket

Sent from my vivo 1817 using Tapatalk

Susanne
05-17-2020, 03:53 AM
Don't some people use the auction to transfer gold from one account to the other?
Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought when I have seen overpriced stuff.
In any case, best to look at prices before tapping.

Jausa
05-17-2020, 04:05 AM
This type of scam is used a lot by this specific player. I was hoping this would be considered a scam since the item already has a price set by the developers. Would have been better for the player base if there are less legal scams going on

hyxx
05-17-2020, 06:55 AM
Don't some people use the auction to transfer gold from one account to the other?
In any case, best to look at prices before tapping.Im sure the stuff wont last that long,lot of these overpriced item stay for few day

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

kanogom
05-17-2020, 07:13 AM
If he do it always..100% shud be ban...i see this name alot on auction and prices are just ridiculous.. Rip to ppl who buy it

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Hi, it was me selling the item in the picture. Once and for all. This wasn't illegal, this isn't a type of scam or any gold transferring stuffs you've been making up. This is just me being smart unlike you guys. Bunch of amateurs psh.

Sent from my ATU-L22 using Tapatalk

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 10:10 AM
This type of scam is used a lot by this specific player. I was hoping this would be considered a scam since the item already has a price set by the developers. Would have been better for the player base if there are less legal scams going onI really dont know what you mean by "price set by the developer". Why was it made tradeable then if the price is already set? Why is the "awake elixir" at store can be purchase for 5,000 gold but can also be bought in auction for 6,000-9,000 of gold? You really just look dumb making a thread ranting "please ban this player" just like any other users here. Idgaf

Mitsooos
05-17-2020, 11:00 AM

I have a big folder with many screenshots of this type.
I waiting the players who doing this things to complain about it .
And I will post this screenshots in their face with quotes.

Jausa
05-17-2020, 12:15 PM
I really dont know what you mean by "price set by the developer". Why was it made tradeable then if the price is already set? Why is the "awake elixir" at store can be purchase for 5,000 gold but can also be bought in auction for 6,000-9,000 of gold? You really just look dumb making a thread ranting "please ban this player" just like any other users here. Idgaf

Sent from my ATU-L22 using TapatalkWhat I mean is that that price is set at 10k and you overpriced it dozens of times more trying to rip someone off. And you call it smart. Lack of personality isn't smart. If you were smart then you would be making other investments instead of relying on pitful tactics.

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 02:28 PM
What I mean is that that price is set at 10k and you overpriced it dozens of times more trying to rip someone off. And you call it smart. Lack of personality isn't smart. If you were smart then you would be making other investments instead of relying on pitful tactics.Is there any rules implemented that if a certain item that is tradable and has a fix price of 10k at a certain npc could only be sold for 10k still? Psh, i see you're the one lacking here. Attention seekers ranting useless stuffs or what should i call "noobs"

mrshield
05-17-2020, 02:36 PM

This is not illegal rofl this thing is called marketing strategy or so. I do that too well some r sold some r not so we wasted r tax in auc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 02:44 PM
This is not illegal rofl this thing is called marketing strategy or so. I do that too well some r sold some r not so we wasted r tax in auc :)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIfkr! Lots of players have been over reacting lately, i really see no difference from the ones that sell 2-3x the price for this. This jausa guy would just probably receive his infraction in a day or two for making this useless stupid thread

Lookupnabs
05-17-2020, 03:08 PM
Dont be inconsiderate many players have lost many gold to this cheap tactic of this player mainly during egg event .... i agree it is the player mistake but the way he talks ingame and his attitude must be punished by the devs

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 03:40 PM
Lol looking for a hole now? first selling gold irl now my attitude? Bunch of amateurs

snakeeyes
05-17-2020, 03:47 PM
2 of my friend bought that then cry, their efforts from event and gold farm waste because of that, the other say accidentally bought that because of rush to buy the other items and the other is they bought it accidentally because of sleepy feeling after a long time run and play the game,better is to store all of your gold to stash and withraw when you buy things at cs.

Jausa
05-17-2020, 05:53 PM
Is there any rules implemented that if a certain item that is tradable and has a fix price of 10k at a certain npc could only be sold for 10k still? Psh, i see you're the one lacking here. Attention seekers ranting useless stuffs or what should i call "noobs"

Sent from my ATU-L22 using TapatalkNot an attention seeker for calling out some people's pitful attempts to profit of an unsuspecting person or from someone's misfortune. I was hoping STS would ban your pitful kind, but they are just too tolerant I guess. If it was me I would ban you the first hour, on every STS server.

Even if there is absolutely no rule, you harm the player base by ripping them off with overpriced items. Even if there are no rules at all you are still ripping off people from their hard earned gold. This is absolutely inexcusable. Only explanation for this is not market strategy, or summary tactics, it's just you being a bottom rock type of person this is an undeniable fact and you have admitted it yourself. Have fun with your titles as well. This "tactic" got you some gold and a title which you very well deserved [emoji122]

arcanefid
05-17-2020, 06:40 PM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71335-Arcane-Legends-Terms-of-Service

We ask that you abide by the following rules:

Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

In a loose interpretation of this rule, you could be breaking the ToS if you "trick" people into buying overpriced items.

Before anyone comes with the "YoU cLicK iT yOurSelf" thing, remember that it can happen to you too.

Fortior
05-17-2020, 08:16 PM
In any case, best to look at prices before tapping.Buying/selling gold irl player using this trick.. Im not sure

Sent from my vivo 1920 using Tapatalk

MiruZetu
05-17-2020, 10:32 PM
Lol looking for a hole now? first selling gold irl now my attitude? Bunch of amateurs

Hello No.1 mercher in al
Thanks for making gold inflation!!
Bcoz of u n many others poor r havin hard time to buy good gears n items
Bcoz of ur greedy for gold many nobs got legally scammed 3X gold
Bcoz of u n others i cant buy desired items ti make me strong
I hope all ur listed items in 3x 5x never get sold n lose all ur taxes.. i hope it sell when u list on appropriate price!
We play games to enjoy farm n make some gold. But u play games to make gold by legally scamming others by selling in 3x 5x ofc
I hope u find urself guilty that ur making others player play experience affected
Thank you!!

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 10:50 PM
Hello No.1 mercher in al
Thanks for making gold inflation!!
Bcoz of u n many others poor r havin hard time to buy good gears n items
Bcoz of ur greedy for gold many nobs got legally scammed 3X gold
Bcoz of u n others i cant buy desired items ti make me strong
I hope all ur listed items in 3x 5x never get sold n lose all ur taxes.. i hope it sell when u list on appropriate price!
We play games to enjoy farm n make some gold. But u play games to make gold by legally scamming others by selling in 3x 5x ofc
I hope u find urself guilty that ur making others player play experience affected
Thank you!!Hello, Thank you! Lol, putting all the blame in me is completely ridiculous. And wdym by gold inflation? Ur talking nonsense here. But i do appreciate your kind gesture. What im doing is not against ToS, why even blame me that your broke and can't afford to buy your gears? Why not try harder rather than spitting out useless rants here bout you being broke because of my doings? Just another amateur lol.

shadowronn
05-17-2020, 11:35 PM
If this is ban-able then why wasn’t the person banned for doing this the last time a thread of similar manner was made?

RoiRoi
05-17-2020, 11:40 PM

this player also using a low lvl char then trashtalking another players

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 11:41 PM
If this is ban-able then why wasn’t the person banned for doing this the last time a thread of similar manner was made?I really have no idea either. Or just these players are holding such grudge against me in their circle of friends, who knows

Dmothra
05-17-2020, 11:43 PM
this player also using a low lvl char then trashtalking another playersLol another attempt, nice try but i dont use any other characters than my main, fakers smh. Im getting used to it.

MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239
05-18-2020, 01:40 AM
Any one that dosnt check auc prices or asks around for prices and buys overpriced stuff, well thats theyr fault, dont blame this guy, he can post it for 10M if he wants ,
Let the guy make a living,

Jezz people these days get trigered for anything,

Shininami
05-18-2020, 02:03 AM
Hi, it was me selling the item in the picture. Once and for all. This wasn't illegal, this isn't a type of scam or any gold transferring stuffs you've been making up. This is just me being smart unlike you guys. Bunch of amateurs psh.

This attitude of urs, is gonna get u in trouble.

Dmothra
05-18-2020, 02:16 AM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?71335-Arcane-Legends-Terms-of-Service

In a loose interpretation of this rule, you could be breaking the ToS if you "trick" people into buying overpriced items.

Before anyone comes with the "YoU cLicK iT yOurSelf" thing, remember that it can happen to you too.
Not a trick nor a scam once and for all, if you're a merchant in game i think you would've probably understand this better.

Those players that lacks in game knowledge are the ones held responsible ruining their own playing experience due to their ignorance and incompetency.

Menace
05-18-2020, 02:20 AM
If I list a cracked jewel for 100g when it's only worth 5g am I breaking the rules

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dmothra
05-18-2020, 02:25 AM
If I list a cracked jewel for 100g when it's only worth 5g am I breaking the rules

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkExactly sir! Please, dont mind these other players. Afterall, it's their own free will to discuss anything here at forums.

Stormydragon
05-18-2020, 02:28 AM
seems legal

Susanne
05-18-2020, 02:30 AM
This has been going on for years now. I've seen loads of overpriced stuff up for auction and wondered why.
This may sound harsh but people should look carefully at prices before tapping. What's the rush?
As for you who take advantage of people who are in a hurry, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
If I ever made a mistake and lost a lot through it, I'd be angry but to rub salt in the wound and call people a bunch of amateurs is uncalled for.
The reason people are getting all riled up is because you are actually boasting about someone else's downfall. These people are not amateurs, they are good people who don't like to see someone profit by another's misfortune.
The way you keep defending your actions does speak volumes too.

Archugejackmen
05-18-2020, 03:06 AM
This has been going on for years now. I've seen loads of overpriced stuff up for auction and wondered why.
This may sound harsh but people should look carefully at prices before tapping. What's the rush?
As for you who take advantage of people who are in a hurry, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
If I ever made a mistake and lost a lot through it, I'd be angry but to rub salt in the wound and call people a bunch of amateurs is uncalled for.
The reason people are getting all riled up is because you are actually boasting about someone else's downfall. These people are not amateurs, they are good people who don't like to see someone profit by another's misfortune.
Best response to these kinds of threads I’ve seen thus far

MiruZetu
05-18-2020, 06:59 AM
Exactly sir! Please, dont mind these other players. Afterall, it's their own free will to discuss anything here at forums.

I don't blame u i said legally scamming..
That's ur art which many victim fell.. n fyi i im not that much broke i farm when i ned something dont act like ur the only one who own all golds of al...
And yeah its player fault for buying in high price but its ur fault in first place that u put in that price to legally gain 3x 5x profit
But who knows maybe ur transfering gold to other account or selling gold to others players bcoz if u put on auc that would b legal gold right? No ban hammer no investigation.. wow gz al mercher no.1 3x 5x ez profit...
I hope u find a better way to enjoy game than legally scamming others!!!

Dmothra
05-18-2020, 07:04 AM
I don't blame u i said legally scamming..
That's ur art which many victim fell.. n fyi i im not that much broke i farm when i ned something dont act like ur the only one who own all golds of al...
And yeah its player fault for buying in high price but its ur fault in first place that u put in that price to legally gain 3x 5x profit
But who knows maybe ur transfering gold to other account or selling gold to others players bcoz if u put on auc that would b legal gold right? No ban hammer no investigation.. wow gz al mercher no.1 3x 5x ez profit...
I hope u find a better way to enjoy game than legally scamming others!!!Another player talking nonsense and making stuffs up against me. Getting used to this.

MiruZetu
05-18-2020, 07:05 AM
Another player talking nonsense and making stuffs up against me. Getting used to this.

I can see that ur blind also.
Im saying mayb who knows.. 🤦

Bluehazee
05-18-2020, 07:40 AM

You have a very serious ethical issue. You'll eventually find someone 'smarter' than you slapping your face, maybe then you'll open your eyes and see what you have been doing.
Is it legal? Questionable and definitely boundaries situation. Imo devs should take a look at how you continuously harm players, plus your shameless attitude.
Is it ethical? Read how proud you are of your tactics makes many people sick, another red flag that something is wrong

mrshield
05-18-2020, 07:51 AM
To much drama in this useless thread tbh. I also accidentally bought some overpriced items in auction like that but i diddnt do this lol. "Attention seeker" . Sorry but This is what i see its the player fault not the player who sells it. It is marketing strategy for us to make gold that others dont understand. Well im done here i just wanna say that MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS have a nice day and goodluck to all of you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiruZetu
05-18-2020, 07:52 AM
You have a very serious ethical issue. You'll eventually find someone 'smarter' than you slapping your face, maybe then you'll open your eyes and see what you have been doing.
Is it legal? Questionable and definitely boundaries situation. Imo devs should take a look at how you continuously harm players, plus your shameless attitude.
Is it ethical? Read how proud you are of your tactics makes many people sick, another red flag that something is wrong

His defending his stupid idea to make profit faster...

Obiira
05-18-2020, 09:04 AM
Is it ethical? Read how proud you are of your tactics makes many people sick, another red flag that something is wrong+1

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Yakatudi
05-18-2020, 09:46 AM
What he is doing may be unethical but it’s the buyers fault for not checking.

I bought an overpriced item in auction by mistake. Am I mad at the seller? No. I’m mad at myself. It was an expensive lesson but I learned from it.

If sts does not tolerate this behavior, they’ll add some feature to prevent it. For example a pop-up message that asks the buyer to confirm before executing the purchase when the item is, let’s say, 10% above the minimum available purchase price.

QuaseT
05-18-2020, 10:42 AM
I see nothing "illegal" for people who list stuff overpriced. The problem with missclicks can be solved if people just dont take that much gold with them. When you want to buy a few red eggs you dont need 10m in your pocket, put it in your stash. I believe thats the intention of the gold stash.
The people who do this are very weak merchants in my eyes. Everybody who knows how to deal with high tier items would not even think about putting random items in auction to make a few millions.
However, you cant change some people and I can understand that they make some others angry when they start bragging about it on forums. But if people buy less from their stuff in forums by being more careful i pretty sure that they make loss by the auction fee on a long term. I dont believe they can make a serious amount of gold with this.

Spooked
05-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Not a trick nor a scam once and for all, if you're a merchant in game i think you would've probably understand this better.

Those players that lacks in game knowledge are the ones held responsible ruining their own playing experience due to their ignorance and incompetency.

Im willing to take the infraction here because wow..
You, sir, are a genuine, and ill say without shame outright an giant asshole.
I can not wrap my head around your sense of manners.
I've never seen such an unethical and bare bone raised person as you.
I genuinely hope karma finds it way to you and when it does, dont moan, its only "your own ignorance and incompetency"
Im not saying this because you post things overpriced, everyone has to make money and some have to take advantage of others to do so, circle of life.
But the way you express yourself on these forums like youre some kind of superior being, it speaks volumes about your personally and it disgusts me.
i just cant wrap my head around it sorry.

Noceur
05-18-2020, 08:26 PM
Im willing to take the infraction here because wow..
You, sir, are a genuine, and ill say without shame outright an giant asshole.
I can not wrap my head around your sense of manners.
I've never seen such an unethical and bare bone raised person as you.
I genuinely hope karma finds it way to you and when it does, dont moan, its only "your own ignorance and incompetency"
Im not saying this because you post things overpriced, everyone has to make money and some have to take advantage of others to do so, circle of life.
But the way you express yourself on these forums like youre some kind of superior being, it speaks volumes about your personally and it disgusts me.
i just cant wrap my head around it sorry.

I could not have said this better myself. You know what's more sad? That the developers think it's alright. I made a post about this guy, and yeah maybe I took it too far (i really didn't he deserved it) but is it really ok to let these guy's influence the community? My post was removed and I was given an infraction because I wanted to expose player's like this. His behavior is disgusting, he didn't even apologize.

And you know what else? Not only does he do this, he thinks he is so smart, he's so superior that he does it, like WHAT?
I really hope karma gets to him too.

Chronox
05-18-2020, 09:09 PM
:O woow
11 blah blah

Aegislegend
05-19-2020, 01:45 AM

Oi! Remember me Poweredbyhate? Used to say some very bad things to me sadly. I dont have screenshot. You boy have a very bad attitude.

arcanefid
05-19-2020, 05:09 AM

“Not a trick nor a scam”.

You know damn well you’re waiting for someone to either buy it accidentally, or waiting someone who isn’t aware of the real price to buy it.

If you need me to remind you, all the scams that happen in game are actually done “in the legal way”, where the victim uses the Give or Confirm buttons, because no one can break into your stash to steal things without you knowing. They’re still considered scams.

So yes, it’s both a trick and a scam. Using your ‘technical language’ to support your scamming doesn’t make you any better than other scammers.

Lek0310
05-19-2020, 11:37 AM

+1 and lets be friends lmao

Dispressor
05-19-2020, 12:09 PM
I saw a screen with 1 locked selled in auct at same price of a big stack of same ones and also same thing with red eggs during Easter event.
A clear Rush buyer trap, how in the world this thing can be ok?
The abuser put his overpriced lock at exactly same price intentionally to hide that better.
Free - will of market price isn't an escluse because as I said they copy intentionally the price of stacked items.
The only will I see here is the will of scam some unlucky people.
Punish this tipe of play if massively reported.

firechandra
05-20-2020, 04:50 AM
A solution could be make the gold transfer after 30sec-1min and during that time the buyer has the right to undo the purchase, if he does so the item goes back in auction at same price and same time left he had when was almost buyed.

Jausa
05-20-2020, 05:39 AM
A solution could be make the gold transfer after 30sec-1min and during that time the buyer has the right to undo the purchase, if he does so the item goes back in auction at same price and same time left he had when was almost buyed.Could be used in a negative way, to spam purchases/items. Something simple would be to just ban these players exploiting the auction like this and harming players.

Shininami
05-20-2020, 10:20 AM

Exactly, from his tone alone i'm already picturing a punchable face behind the screen.

Deathslament
05-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Why wouldnt they just trade or stash instead lol

Susanne
05-21-2020, 02:33 AM
Exactly, from his tone alone i'm already picturing a punchable face behind the screen.
Aww..no. No violence, its so easy to remedy. People should check prices before they buy. Simples. 🙂

Crosified as Cros
05-21-2020, 04:48 AM
I think this is normal cuz people merch buy low price and sell high price.. its same thing as this