PDA

View Full Version : Ipad or tablet?

dugantale
02-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey guys my bdays comin in about two months im saving up to wither get a ipad or a tablet, I know ipads are good but are there any good tablets out ther that are pretty cheap run smooth and rund pl and sl if so pleas commet with there name :D

Matutd
02-02-2012, 06:22 PM
If u want a cheaper reliable tablet, I've heard the asus transformer is awesome, and it runs pl and sl smoothly.

dugantale
02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
If u want a cheaper reliable tablet, I've heard the asus transformer is awesome, and it runs pl and sl smoothly.

Sweet do u know price range?

Matutd
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I can't really help u with that lol, unless ur from uk, cos all my prices will be in gbp

dugantale
02-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Oh haha okay thanks ^_^

Artentreri
02-02-2012, 08:38 PM
iPad rocks aside from no flash, but I actually just bought this photon web browser thing last night and it plays flash great.

StompArtist
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I am really impressed by my asus transformer and do not hesitate recommending it. Keep in mind that I am not a fan of appke so biased. Your best bet is to go try out tablets at a place like best buy and tell them you need to see if it will run pl....

NECROREAPER
02-02-2012, 09:12 PM
iPad, but since you're waiting a couple months, the iPad 3 will. Be out, so I'd get that.

In fact, I'm selling my iPad 2 soon to get the 3, lol

dugantale
02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I am really impressed by my asus transformer and do not hesitate recommending it. Keep in mind that I am not a fan of appke so biased. Your best bet is to go try out tablets at a place like best buy and tell them you need to see if it will run pl....

Do u know the price?

RedRyder
02-03-2012, 02:03 PM
iPad, but since you're waiting a couple months, the iPad 3 will. Be out, so I'd get that.

In fact, I'm selling my iPad 2 soon to get the 3, lol

Is their a date yet? I'm going to have to do the same lol

Do u know the price?

google.com

I love my iPad. All I really use it for is drawing, not so much for gaming. Everything looks absolutely beautiful on the iPad in terms of iPad games, but the only downside is no flash. If that's a real tie breaker for you (really not that big of a deal though) get an android tablet.

The cheapest iPad you can get is the 16 GB one for $535 USD (that includes that tax). It was the best thing I purchased for myself. I don't even look at my iPhone anymore lol besides cals and text it's pretty useless to me T=

Artentreri
02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Red, serious try photon if you wanna get any type of flash browser for the iPad. Only 5 bucks, and it actually works. I also tried puffin which was 99 cents, don't waste the dollar. It's horrid. And I'm pretty sure they sell them refurbished from their site for $350. It was like that last time I checked at least.

JTZ
02-05-2012, 02:23 AM
My bro got an asus tablet for like ehh $400, i like ipad more cuz PL is in HD

OverkillED
02-06-2012, 11:47 PM
iPAD FTW!

dugantale
02-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Well I got to earn around half and my parents are gonna help me so om gonna talk to verizon my phone company and see if they have a plan or a deal to get a new ipad 3 wen it comes out for a deal or plan :)

KingFu
02-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Well I got to earn around half and my parents are gonna help me so om gonna talk to verizon my phone company and see if they have a plan or a deal to get a new ipad 3 wen it comes out for a deal or plan :)

Verizon won't know anything about the iPad 3 yet. It's rumored to launch Feb. 24th (Steve Jobs' birthday) or early May. All they can say is that it will more than likely be released with support for 3G/4G for AT&T and Verizon, and possibly some pricing possibilities based off of iPad 2's service charges, which can probably be found online.

dugantale
02-07-2012, 12:29 AM

Verizon won't know anything about the iPad 3 yet. It's rumored to launch Feb. 24th (Steve Jobs' birthday) or early May. All they can say is that it will more than likely be released with support for 3G/4G for AT&T and Verizon, and possibly some pricing possibilities based off of iPad 2's service charges, which can probably be found online.

Thank you

Engelhard
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Kindle fire is very nice for 199. But the iPad Pwns it........I have used both the kindle is a real bargain at $199 but nothing compares to the iPad IMO ........I have never used any others so this is based on my experience. I have heard good things about the samsung galaxy but don't know the price and I have never used one.

dugantale
02-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Kindle fire is very nice for 199. But the iPad Pwns it........I have used both the kindle is a real bargain at $199 but nothing compares to the iPad IMO ........I have never used any others so this is based on my experience. I have heard good things about the samsung galaxy but don't know the price and I have never used one.

Does kindle run pl?

RedRyder
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Does kindle run pl?

Not naturally I don't think. If you can, just go with the iPad.

dugantale
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Does kindle run pl?

Not naturally I don't think. If you can, just go with the iPad.

Okay and red I got a question

brodiniozo
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Galaxy tab 10.1 !

Delphina
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Does kindle run pl?
Here is some information on how to play on a Kindle Fire
http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20789066-can-i-play-on-a-kindle-fire

Deathpunch
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Ipads are over priced. You can get a better equipped android tablet for a lot less. I suggest the Asus transformer. I own one and it runs great. Dig around a bit and you can probably find one around $350. If you're going to be waiting a bit you may want to check out the Asus memo, a 7" quad core tablet for the msrp of $250. I already have my money saved for that when it drops.

Engelhard
02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Does kindle run pl?

Yes it does run pl Sam posted a link

Engelhard
02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20789066-can-i-play-on-a-kindle-fire here is the link Sam posted to run pl on kindle fire without rooting

Oops I should have read more before posting.....sorry :p

adidaman
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I say a piece of paper, a pencil, and the spacetime studios artwork team. That'll go far

Swords
02-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Ipad has a simplier desktop and apps to access and many benefits that other tablets dont have for example:

10 hour battery life
short Size
8Gb-64GB
Wifi and 3G
App store with more apps than any other stores
Garage Band
Voice Control
And many more