PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Formora here.

Formora
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm new to PL and level 4 right now, following the Paladin guide for Enchantress. Can anyone tell me if that is a good build? So far i have added 3 str and 2 dex every level, is that correct? I have bought platinum for the dungeons when I level ;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
hey formora! Welcome to pl! :). If you need any help compact support@spacetimestudios.com.

Also, a paladin is a great build! but I would get STR leveled first. For best results, match your STR attributes to your armor (get the str you need that the armor requires). And then put the rest in DEX for the dodge and criticals. good luck!

Snakespeare
07-29-2010, 12:59 PM
If you want to wear armor, have a shield, and swing a sword, look up the requirements for those items. You can view the various levels (I mean, how much STR is needed for a level 14 sword, for instance) by viewing the items that are for sale by the merchants in the keep on the edge of towne. You only need that much strength, and I think 3 per level is close, but you may need to add 4 per level a few times.

Now, I personally am developing a hybrid, and I am splitting the leftovers points between the two non-primary stats. As a result, my non-primary stats are just below my character level. He is an Ursan Mage 18, and the non-primary stats are 16 each. But I am not a winner of PvP combats, so ask one of those guys. I am just adding the non-primaries equally because I feel a character should develop all stats to some degree. (your mileage may vary....)

and... Welcome to the forums!!! :)

kavanah
07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Hello and welcome to PL! Hope you enjoy! Make use of the forums, good knowledge here!

Yardsalez
07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
How good are ursan mages??????????????? I think its odd hearing of mage archers ursan mages avian warriors and stuff

Snakespeare
07-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, they're like bowbears but they use a staff instead of a bow. It's the basic "stomp them away from you and shoot them before they can get back to you" strategy. Rage stacks with the staff, Iron Blood protects you. You can get mana from items and potions. It's fun. It's like a cartoon. I plan to create my own combos eventually using spells from staves combined with skills. I'm not there yet. I have 100:1 Kill to death ratio at level 18. So, overall, it's fun, and an Ursan Mage holds his own in a party. Not into PvP, so I don't really know how he would stack up. But he killed Meathead at 4th level first try, and he killed Harpo twice now, and he has killed my Ursan Mage twice. I keep a lot of potions on hand...

Cascade
07-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Hola, Welcome to Epicness. :D...If you have any questions or concerns contact support@Spacetimestudios.com....If you need any help with the game....We are here to help!

Mr2hitk0
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
If you need help help ingame add me. I might have pinks for you ;)

I have 2 accounts:

ibleedblood

bloodytank

Formora
07-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Cool, 7 replies already! I didn't expect there to be so many players on here :o

Alright I will follow your advice and search for some gear requirements. Also, what are pinks? I only scanned through the forums last night so I don't know alot. Anyways I've added you Mr2hitk0 :)

kavanah
07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Cool, 7 replies already! I didn't expect there to be so many players on here :o

Alright I will follow your advice and search for some gear requirements. Also, what are pinks? I only scanned through the forums last night so I don't know alot. Anyways I've added you Mr2hitk0 :)

Pinks are the rarest and usually best in quality of items. There are whites>oranges>greens>purples>pinks, in that order of average to superb in quality.

Formora
07-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Pinks are the rarest and usually best in quality of items. There are whites>oranges>greens>purples>pinks, in that order of average to superb in quality.

Alright thanks.

I just bought all the maps until AOII. My Paladin is now level 12 (with the help of Mr2hitk0).

However I would like to know which is better, the Paladin or the BowBear? I just created a new BowBear character, his name is Elar. Feel free to add him :)

DawnInfinity
07-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Welcome to Pocket Legends. (: If you need any help, just add me in-game on DawnInfinity. I can help level you too.

jonboy
07-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey welcome back Dawn how was the comp?

Formora
07-30-2010, 01:44 AM
I've added you already, Dawn. Hope to see you soon :D

DawnInfinity
07-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks jon. It was good, I learned a lot. I got injured during the first week though and on Monday, so I left early. I strained my hip flexor and sprained my ankle. I have a splint on and have to use crutches. :(

jonboy
07-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Oh no, that sucks badly. Get well

DawnInfinity
07-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks. :)

Formora
07-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Yay, level 42 now ;) Here's a screenie of my stats (unbuffed) :

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy45/jiejun/9b986e5d.png

Btw, what should I put points in after I max out the last skill?

Raxie
08-01-2010, 05:16 AM
jesus. how do these people level up so ****ing quickly? after 3 days, i'm only level 24. you are level 42 in 2 days. o.0
tell me your secret...
off-topic: how's the ipad lol? pocket legends looks nice on the ipad. i'm thinking of getting an ipad myself but not sure. is it good?

Formora
08-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes, playing PL on an iPad is much better. I tried playing on my iPhone afterwards and I could barely play with such a small screen lol. Not to mention more lag. So if you are already thinking of getting an iPad, I think you should definitely go for it.

As to how I level so quickly, there really isn't much to it. When I started two days ago Bloodytank (Mr2hitk0 on forums) helped me level to about 13 or so. From there I found some friends that were willing to help me level to 20+ (most people would boot you at my level). After that I could join Tombs Of Mynas games without getting booted lol. So basically get some friends to run you through Tombs of Mynas in AO2 and don't forget to use hardcore exp potions. I started using them after lvl 25 and they really make a difference and are definitely worth the cost. If you want to level fast you're going to have to do this map over and over and it gets boring fast ;)

Yeah I know I've only been playing for 2 days (alot shorter than most of you) and it may seem weird that I'm giving advice but this is just what I did :)

gwippy
08-01-2010, 06:15 AM
IPAD is awesome a lot less squishy in the skills department umm duh power leveling on Tombs of mynas you can easily get to lvl45 in two days

Formora
08-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Yes definitely, you can have all skills displayed and still have loads of space. And I think banned got his int bird to 45 in a day.

Btw hello Archnai, I remember you being the ones who helped me level at Tombs of Mynas on my first day ;)

Raxie
08-01-2010, 06:51 AM
do you have an iphone 4?

Formora
08-01-2010, 06:57 AM
There is no such thing as 4gs lol. I am getting the iPhone 4 soon though.

Raxie
08-01-2010, 07:29 AM
lulz. meant iphone 4.

Banned
08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Yes definitely, you can have all skills displayed and still have loads of space. And I think banned got his int bird to 45 in a day.

Btw hello Archnai, I remember you being the ones who helped me level at Tombs of Mynas on my first day ;)

Did you log off after you made your ninja bird? I couldn't message you.

Formora
08-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Lol ninja bird, is that what it's really called?
I tried adding Nerfed as soon as I made my ninja bird but I don't think you were there anymore.

Banned
08-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Lol ninja bird, is that what it's really called?
I tried adding Nerfed as soon as I made my ninja bird but I don't think you were there anymore.

I call it that. :p

And, there's a friends-list glitch, so it was probably that.

Formora
08-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Ninja bird it is then ;) I won't be in-game for another 17-18 hours since I have school but I'll try and add you again after. What does the glitch do?

Banned
08-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Ninja bird it is then ;) I won't be in-game for another 17-18 hours since I have school but I'll try and add you again after. What does the glitch do?

Doesn't let you message or accept a certain person that requested you. You need to log out, and re-log in for it to work correctly. And, I've already accepted your friend-request, so I should be able to message/join/invite you.

Iambirdman
08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes, playing PL on an iPad is much better. I tried playing on my iPhone afterwards and I could barely play with such a small screen lol. Not to mention more lag. So if you are already thinking of getting an iPad, I think you should definitely go for it.

As to how I level so quickly, there really isn't much to it. When I started two days ago Bloodytank (Mr2hitk0 on forums) helped me level to about 13 or so. From there I found some friends that were willing to help me level to 20+ (most people would boot you at my level). After that I could join Tombs Of Mynas games without getting booted lol. So basically get some friends to run you through Tombs of Mynas in AO2 and don't forget to use hardcore exp potions. I started using them after lvl 25 and they really make a difference and are definitely worth the cost. If you want to level fast you're going to have to do this map over and over and it gets boring fast ;)

Yeah I know I've only been playing for 2 days (alot shorter than most of you) and it may seem weird that I'm giving advice but this is just what I did :)

I don't see a point of rushing through lvling, take your time and enjoy each lvl, by rushing through on tomb of mynas you don't get Jack, not even fun just same crap over and over again, when I leveled my characters I went map by map had tons of fun and got bunch of random levels pinks in the process :)

Plus rushing for a new person is not that good either, sure you get to 45 in few days, but your knowledge and experience is still at lvl 5

Your truly, the one and only, Birdman!

Formora
08-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Okay banned I'll see you in-game then :)

Lol birdman, how I choose to level my characters is none of your beeswax ;) I played other maps too occasionally and I have read a lot of the guides around here so with that said, I don't think my knowledge is that of a level 5. Just because I got to level 45 in two days doesn't mean I was rushing, I just play a lot.

vulgarstrike
08-02-2010, 04:14 AM
all i can say is, if you can do that you should power level my bear.

Iambirdman
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I will always boot a leecher and you will never have the knowledge of a lvl 45 if u leveled it the first time in 2 days, playing the same map for 2 days will not give you any knowledge

Snakespeare
08-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Well, now that you got one to 45th in 2 days, try a new character.

I agree that slower is more fun, for me ... (FOR ME!) ... because there are so many cool items. Like, right now I have a level 31 enchantress wearing some sort of pink Bone Cloth (of Legend? not sure) and she has a fire-flicker with a skull that glows! And in a few levels I get to try the Voodoo Spoon. She's all goth now, just as she was all frosty before, and I know she'll eventually walk like an Egyptian, but I am in no hurry. I see lots of people in Towne decked out in their Egyptian looking stuff. But when she goes to Towne, she has her goth look, and it is cool! I also have a warrior Tank that wears Ursan Warlord Armor and looks like a Panda Bear!!! With this he also swings a big Ursan War Hammer. My archer is looking dapper, as always, and he likes the old Battle Crossbow, but sometimes he'll switch to an Auto-Crossbow. And for bling when visitting Towne, he sports some rare jewelled bow. I just think these are pleasures you can't get when you rush through the levels. Then you only care about max DPS.

So, my suggestion is, for your first alt, take your time this time, and try to find the coolest stuff at each level.

You know, your primary can buy a better shield and sword for your first level bear (for instance) and pass it to him via the Stash. Then you are already stylin' without even a single kill. If your primary gives him all the crap you would normally liquidate, he can stock up on healing pots. Then you can see if you can keep his kill to death ratio above 100 beyond 20th level. Now THAT is an exercise that I would say leads to "knowledge" of this game.

cry
08-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi, I might have a xtra 5000 for you. No, no I lost it...
Oh wait there it is =) Find me ingame and it is yours.

Formora
08-03-2010, 05:31 AM
I will always boot a leecher and you will never have the knowledge of a lvl 45 if u leveled it the first time in 2 days, playing the same map for 2 days will not give you any knowledge

Okay banned I'll see you in-game then :)

Lol birdman, how I choose to level my characters is none of your beeswax ;) I played other maps too occasionally and I have read a lot of the guides around here so with that said, I don't think my knowledge is that of a level 5. Just because I got to level 45 in two days doesn't mean I was rushing, I just play a lot.

Can you read?

EDIT : Snakespeare, I am in the process of leveling my ninja bird, it's level 22 currently. I am taking things abit slower this time :)

Snakespeare
08-03-2010, 08:26 AM
A ninja bird sounds cool! I take it that's a strong birdie. Did you get cool items this time? I know I should be trying to move my characters through the next levels but there are so many cool things at level 19, sometimes I wish I could just keep one character frozen at a level... I know it sounds nuts, but I really liked that auto-crossbow of finesse and now I have no use for it. Know what I mean?

Which reminds me, did you know there is a flame-job bow in this game? It looks cool, but I don't think it has a fire proc. It looks like it would be cool to be seen with, but not necessarily the best dps... Anyway, I showed it to my wife and said, can you say it three times fast? LOL! (it is level 35, so I have a ways to go before I can use it.)