PDA

View Full Version : Ah, reserved name for what?

Doogyplum ツ
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I guess I should have waited, but I thought there would be some incentive to reserve a name, no shield or pet? Ah! Waste of 20 plat I guess :/

Justg
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Shields will be sold separately (we wanted an affordable price point for reservations).

RedRyder
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
The reservation did exactly just that; reserved your name. The decrease in price from 50 to 20 plat should've been an indicator, but it never said that we'd receive anything but a reservation. No dev directly said we'd get those DL shields for the reserve. It was all speculation.

Edit: Ninja'd by the G man

octavos
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
The reservation did exactly just that; reserved your name. The decrease in price from 50 to 20 plat should've been an indicator, but it never said that we'd receive anything but a reservation. No dev directly said we'd get those DL shields for the reserve. It was all speculation.

Edit: Ninja'd by the G man

Yes exactly, ppl were under the assumption because the way name reserves were done in the first place....holo shields :p but i was so Noob i didn't understand name reserves lol

Miner
02-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Shields will be sold separately (we wanted an affordable price point for reservations).

I only reserved my name thinking I'd get a shield... At least have a discount on the separately sold shield to those who reserved a name/names?

Elyseon
02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Was really hoping for the vamp cape to match the hardlight shield xD

Also, does reserving multiple name grant you the extra character slots for the name?

RedRyder
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I only reserved my name thinking I'd get a shield... At least have a discount on the separately sold shield to those who reserved a name/names?

It never said in game nor did the devs ever say that we'd receive anything avatar gear. This is fair

Miner
02-03-2012, 02:01 PM
It never said in game nor did the devs ever say that we'd receive anything avatar gear. This is fair

Well it kind of blindly led idiots like myself who saw the pictures of the shield Sam posted and remember the SL reservation vanity into presuming the idea. I understand the fact that they hadn't said anything about a vanity is fairly arguable.. But it wouldn't have hurt to say the no vanity included part earlier in say for example Flips post.

Snakespeare
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
When the shield does come out, if it is 30 plat or less, then it is a FAIR deal all the way. Last time I paid 50 PLAT to get name reservation and shield. This time I paid 20 plat for name reservation. So I reserved two!

Caveat emptor. If this is the first time you received this life lesson, be grateful!!! It could have happened on a used car lot. Always check before buying. The seller is not responsible for the buyer's mistakes. And learning before buying is entirely the buyer's job.

Zeus
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Meh, I saved platinum reserving my names. I'd rather the shield to be a one time purchase anyway, not like I needed multiples.

60 Platinum>150 platinum last time. Fair trade off, IMO.

Even when STS is trying to be generous, people still find reasons to complain. LOL!

The platinum gap saved only increases as time goes on.

Rare
02-03-2012, 02:17 PM

Ehh. Normally I agree with you. But the implication was there and no Dev said it would NOT be included.

When SL came out, they offered the shield with the name reservation. For Dark Legends they mentioned the coming of the name reservation and a picture of the Shield was shown by some devs. And it was not stated that it would be separate. So you can easily see where the assumption would be made, and not unrealistically I might add.

The cost of the name reservation is inconsequential I think since STS names their own prices. Maybe they were still feeling the high of winning Best of XXXX (obviously we know now thats not the case ;))

Rare
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Well it kind of blindly led idiots like myself who saw the pictures of the shield Sam posted and remember the SL reservation vanity into presuming the idea. I understand the fact that they hadn't said anything about a vanity is fairly arguable.. But it wouldn't have hurt to say the no vanity included part earlier in say for example Flips post.

At least in the patch notes.

But I digress. I don't expect... or want... the plat back. I'm just saying. Kind of tricky.

Plaguemaw
02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Also, does reserving multiple name grant you the extra character slots for the name?

Was wondering the same. Devs got any hints?

Snakespeare
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I can tell you that it did not work that way for SL. You had to buy the extra character slots.

Snakespeare
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
...the implication was there and no Dev said it would NOT be included.

The difference here is the difference between imply and infer. Implication is done by someone else while inference is done by oneself.

The DL Shield will be a vanity we can buy. They did not imply it was for name reservation. Some people inferred that idea. Big difference.

Besides, I reserved multiple names. I don't want multiple shields. If the shield costs 30 plat or less, it works out to the same or better.

Fyrce
02-03-2012, 03:00 PM
And that's why, other than for very popular or famous names or if you want to wait a year to play, reservations shouldn't be necessary.

Elyseon
02-03-2012, 03:14 PM
I am correct in assuming there would be no purpose to reserve my name in PL amd SL, correct?

Elyseon
02-03-2012, 03:19 PM
And that's why, other than for very popular or famous names or if you want to wait a year to play, reservations shouldn't be necessary.

But everyone wants to be named Elyseon, i mean, its so AWESOME like me xD

Snakespeare
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I am correct in assuming there would be no purpose to reserve my name in PL amd SL, correct?

You shouldn't be able to (though I haven't tested it).

Rare
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
The difference here is the difference between imply and infer. Implication is done by someone else while inference is done by oneself.

maybe you're correct. Nonetheless, the effect is the same. Not stating that it would NOT be part of the deal left people to infer that it would.

Late
02-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I remember when I reserved name for SL I got 50plat when I joined

Snakespeare
02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
^^nope, you got 50 plat because you bought plat during a time when they thought they would be able to share plat between games. It didn't have anything to do with name reservations.

LwMark
02-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Omg i cant belive i just bought plat for the name rrservation to get the shield!
Everyone kept sayin name reservation for shield blah blah
I dont even want a name reserved for dl i just wanted the sheild
Mannnnn
Can i get a refund or somethin
Plzzzzzzz

Appleisaac
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
kind of regret reserving name because there isnt a vanity... you really cant yell at me for saying this with something like "WELL DUH!!! IT ONLY COSTED 20 PLAT" or "it didnt say anything about a shield" because there was a sneak peak of a dl shield which i think EVERYONE assumed would come with name reservations... im dissapointed really, but i know it wasnt anyones fault but my own... i just wish it would have said "no vanity included".

Skeokateva
02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Also was wondering :)
I think 20 plat for reservations is a great and cheap way to Support STS and the DL premier, I want to thank the devs:) I reserved Skeokateva " even though its very doubtful that someone would get skeo' b4 I login for the first time.
I guess for me this plat purchase was to show support :D and if there is a vanity options for DL, that purchase will have an added vanity as a perk;)

Dalinuel
02-03-2012, 06:45 PM
People will always find something to complain about..it clearly stated reserve name for DL, not reserve name for dl and get this vanity sheild..come on people its a game that is free and everything else after that is optional..

Redbridge
02-03-2012, 06:45 PM

You shouldn't be able to (though I haven't tested it).

I did and it's not possible to reserve in both...

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc365/clarkedigital/Pocket%20Legends/forums/a47798a6.jpg

Jugernugett
02-03-2012, 06:58 PM
All I'll get is ten platinum....

Appleisaac
02-04-2012, 12:06 PM
People will always find something to complain about..it clearly stated reserve name for DL, not reserve name for dl and get this vanity sheild..come on people its a game that is free and everything else after that is optional..

whether its a free game or not i still payed money for the plat i used to reserve my name... just saying... you really cant just say "people will always find something to complain about" when almost everyone assumed a vanity would be included...

NECROREAPER
02-04-2012, 12:45 PM
almost everyone assumed a vanity would be included...

Enough said

Sryyoulose
02-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I almost reserved for a shield >.> luckily I didn't have enough platinum at the mo!

StompArtist
02-04-2012, 12:53 PM
To be fair some people may have wrongly assumed that they would get a shield reserving the name... Pictures of the shield being posted on the threads shortly before the name reservation and because of past name reservation "scheme".

I believe that STS has been UNINTENTIONALLY misleading in this, a victim of the past name reservation method for SL. Perhaps a small description that the name reservation is only for the name and nothing else in the patch notes could help with future events like this one?

Just my 2 cents.

LwMark
02-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Redbridge someone already has redbridge!?!?woww

Zeus
02-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Redbridge someone already has redbridge!?!?woww

Nah, he already reserved his name on one game, then tried to do it on the other but it wouldn't let him, since he already reserved it on SL.