PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of doing a lottery...

PandaPower
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Okay so it would work like a basic lottery, you all know how that works. The so called "ticket price" could be 1000 gold. Depending on the amount of people we could get would either increase or decrease the winnings. Say if 100 people enter the lotto at lets say 1000 gold. the winnings would be 100k. If we had more than one winner I would split the money between people, like the real lotto does. I would be willing to do this and more that happy to collect the ticket money and then dish out the winnings. If you think this is a good idea and if the an certain amount of people want me to do this i will make another thread about how I'm going to do it and ect. leave your feedback below and i will take note!

Thanks
-Rplz/PandaPower

PL Playa
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Only problem is that people will say you are only giving winnings to friends, or thT it's a "scam"

PandaPower
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
True, but im not like that. and i hope that people dont think i would do such a thing. Thanks for feedback! :D

Suentous PO
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Curious how you would determine the winner? That would make all the difference in folks knowing it is fair.
Wonder how devs would feel about it?

Zeus
02-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Lotteries that involve people paying for entrance are against ToS I believe. However, if you want to fund it with your own money and add a phrase at the bottom along the lines of "Donations will be accepted" is perfectly acceptable.

Good luck! :) I realize you're trying to bring the community together, but this unfortunately is something the developers have not allowed in the past.

PandaPower
02-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the reply i have read the ToS (once again :D) and have seen this is not allowed. Sorry for this just an idea to bring the community together and to have a bit of fun, as stated above.

Thank-you, and also sorry.
-Rplz/Pandapower

WoundedEagle
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Hey!

I think lotteries are too mainstream to be honest (Where do drown a hipster?.. In the mainstream.) and I think that you should do something crazy new and exciting. For instance, have you seen the catchphrase contest? It's an ingenious idea! And if you did decide to do a number, I have seen in past videos where people do a video of them setting the number maximum and minimum and randomly getting the number.

Good luck and PM me if you need any help :)

Swords
02-04-2012, 06:40 PM
i remember someone doing a lottery and he would record in his room a hat with different names in it, and the name he choses wins the lottery and he would post that vid on youtube to prove the winner and not cheating or favorism

PandaPower
02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
i am thinking of doing this idea, i will use some sort of lotto nummbers generator and print screen as proof, all i need now is people who are up for the lotto. All donations will be accepted!

PandaPower
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Curious how you would determine the winner? That would make all the difference in folks knowing it is fair.
Wonder how devs would feel about it?

Its would be done like a "normal" lotto. Match so many numbers and win so much..

Swimmingstar
02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Its would be done like a "normal" lotto. Match so many numbers and win so much..

Except if you used donation and your own money then it wouldn't be against the tos.
:)