PDA

View Full Version : Endgame gear ; Skratch vs. Ebon

Befs
05-24-2020, 12:59 PM
For a mage looking to play endgame and high-level maps, what gear should they focus on buying first, and what is worth buying?

Right now I'm considering buying Skratch gun or ebon staff, since they fit best into my price range. Which is better? Should I be looking at some other items?

Also how good is the Skratch staff? Is it worth the extra money?

Tuhguhbuhbuh
05-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Deffo skratch staff. Skratch gun ain't all that - PvE.

Jhoxxxiiiimerr
05-25-2020, 08:20 PM
same as above

Trolzerkeinstein
05-26-2020, 03:31 PM
In my opinion, the ebon staff performs better overall than the skratch gun despite the ebon staff being lower level in comparison with the skratch gun.

The ebon staff gives you reflection damage, mana regen, and heals, so your survivability goes up. For some reason, it also has higher dps than the skratch rifle and can hit multiple targets.

The skratch rifle, in my opinion, is a boss gun because of the debuff on armour and damage of mobs/bosses (keep in mind that it's a single target only). Additionally, it also does damage over time (DOT), which is not bad.

For your last question, Skratch staff is the most overpowered weapon right now for endgame mage. It's worth the additional price.

In conclusion, ebon staff > skratch gun. But if you can save up a little more, get the skratch staff! :)

Befs
05-26-2020, 05:22 PM
Thank you all for the helpful responses!

Looks like it's time to save some gold!

Pauvre
05-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Dont forget charged hit with Skratch gun can it more than one mob :eagerness:

evander16z
05-27-2020, 08:01 PM
better to have both skratch gun and skratch staff for end game items..
they can be combo and gives so much dmg.
as a newbie i honestly skip ebon staff to buy skratch gun instead.. then keep gold.. sell my gun enough to buy skratch staff.. then save again to buy gun again hahahha

moohian
06-01-2020, 04:03 AM
Nice.. its very informative

Wartrak
06-09-2020, 05:01 PM
Definitely Skratch Staff, too op insane stats, yea a bit expensive but you keep it for a really really long time.

ocytoxn
06-09-2020, 10:51 PM
+1 for Skratch Staff, worth every penny for latest map!
+1 for Ebon Staff if on a budget (I really love the heal proc)

Jackeyundead
08-18-2020, 11:37 PM
The combo with skratch staff and gun is really strong