PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Make Tutorials longer...

Skeletonlord
02-04-2012, 03:47 AM
I want to make a discussion on this. Was in game talking to Kaytren and tutorials came into the conversation. I took in mind the level size of the tutorial in Pocket Legends and compared it to the Star Legends one. The SL one is longer than Pl one, and I think it tells you more information.
Could you make the tutorial level longer telling us more information about the game?

Cahaun
02-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Here's a suggestion: Bring back the original tutorials in PL. They were epic.

Swords
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
I want to make a discussion on this. Was in game talking to Kaytren and tutorials came into the conversation. I took in mind the level size of the tutorial in Pocket Legends and compared it to the Star Legends one. The SL one is longer than Pl one, and I think it tells you more information.
Could you make the tutorial level longer telling us more information about the game?

of course SL's tutorial is longer because its kinda newer than Pl. Like PL the tutorial was longer back then but since PL grown since the years , the tutorial is shorter. like SL, soon SL's tutorial will be shorter

Cahaun
02-04-2012, 12:21 PM

of course SL's tutorial is longer because its kinda newer than Pl. Like PL the tutorial was longer back then but since PL grown since the years , the tutorial is shorter. like SL, soon SL's tutorial will be shorter
I hope not. Because a shorter tutorial = inexperienced noobs. The longer ones are better as they help teach them not to be by teaching them more things. This was like the original PL tutorials: the players learned quests systems, combat, lvling up, inventory, bosses, the store from merchants, pot use, and self practice on the respawning mobs.

Cahaun
02-04-2012, 12:25 PM
That's alot better then: move forward, press this button to attack, you passed

Roc
02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Is there a tutorial on Chrome? One of my irl friends started playing but he didn't know any of the shortcuts and felt that clicking was a real pain (which it is, imo). :dejection:

Skeletonlord
02-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Is there a tutorial on Chrome? One of my irl friends started playing but he didn't know any of the shortcuts and felt that clicking was a real pain (which it is, imo). :dejection:

Yes, there is a tutorial on chrome. You can skip the tutorial if you have a character which has already done it.

Swords
02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Yes, there is a tutorial on chrome. You can skip the tutorial if you have a character which has already done it.

tutorials are everywhere!!

Roc
02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
tutorials are everywhere!!

I wasn't sure if there was one specifically for Chrome controls. I haven't made a character using Chrome, but I do think there should maybe be an in-game list of controls regardless. Just knowing there is a shortcut for auto-attack and potions makes a big difference.

Fao
02-04-2012, 05:42 PM
It's a good idea! But it won't really matter to us because we have completed it already. I still agree with the idea though! =]

Elyseon
02-05-2012, 01:12 AM
I say combine the old and new, the first one didnt really explain everything, but the new one doesnt either. Explain stat distribution like the first one, explain tapping on ppls names on the side to view them in a game, how to switch targets, ive seen some 65 who couldnt figure that one out, the new one does explain potions, maybe just do an overview of the whole menu

Piosidon
02-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Who misses old tutorials, say I

XghostzX
02-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Yes I agree the tutorial should be longer, as long as players have the option to skip the tutorial if they wish to.

Cahaun
02-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Who misses old tutorials, say I
"I"

AbsolutePally
02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
STS is growning our economy by creating jobs. They made AoAs (Ambassadors) to help people with this. If they made it anymore helpful AoAs would be out of work.

Appleisaac
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah ur right...

Our new people have NO idea how to play. The tutorial explains almost nothing. There are soooo many tri-speccing newbies out there it hurts my eyes.