PDA

View Full Version : Gear For Low Levels?

Formora
07-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Alright so I know as a Paladin I need to get the Throth gear at lvl 45 but to get there I'm going to need gear too so... I'm level 15 atm, what gear do you recommend I get? Also, where can I get it? I am wearing the same stuff you start out with so anything will be an improvement lol.

Thank you for your time :o

Raxie
07-30-2010, 06:10 AM
do you have platinum? if you have spare platinum to spend, use some to buy weapons; they are only 1-2 platinums.
also, if you are upgrading strength mainly instead of intelligence, you are going to run out of mana fast so be aware that you have to use a lot of mana pots. you also get heaps of level 10-15 weapons in dark forest. just pick a gear from what you have. it's not that hard to get good gear.

Royce
07-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Low level paladin is a tough one. You will definitely be chugging many pots until level 40. Anyway the best thing to do is try to find some orange "Croc's" items. They are the only warrior items before level 40 with any mana regen (1 M/s each).

Formora
07-30-2010, 06:32 AM
No I don't train at Dark Forest. For now I heal my teammates in AOII. That way I don't use TOO many pots. I have 9 plat left after buying all the maps and respecs. Hmm I don't think my level of Croc's gear drops at AOII right? So if anyone has those for sale please message me, name is Formora. I will take a look at the weapons in the plat store. As a Paladin I have to use a sword and shield?

Royce
07-30-2010, 06:41 AM
No I don't train at Dark Forest. For now I heal my teammates in AOII. That way I don't use TOO many pots. I have 9 plat left after buying all the maps and respecs. Hmm I don't think my level of Croc's gear drops at AOII right? So if anyone has those for sale please message me, name is Formora. I will take a look at the weapons in the plat store. As a Paladin I have to use a sword and shield?

I have some low level croc gear (I will have to check exactly what levels), but I would recommend playing dungeons your level, at least sometimes ;) Otherwise you will not find any gear you can use until you're level 40. Shield and sword/axe and trident/spear at higher levels is the way to go IMO, but there's nothing wrong with using a 2-hand sword for instance if you like using it.

Formora
07-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh ok is your name Trichoptera? I'll add you in-game. I'll probably go shield and sword I think. Lvl 18 now :)

Yardsalez
07-30-2010, 09:07 AM
To save your time and money just go pure int mage until your 45 than respec to pally with 5 plat thats what i would do

Formora
07-30-2010, 10:00 AM
To save your time and money just go pure int mage until your 45 than respec to pally with 5 plat thats what i would do

Hmm yeah good idea, I didn't think of that. However, how does a pure Mage fare at PvE? I thought they had a low survivability rate. Anyways, I am always in a team at that Mynas map so all I do is heal and occasionally cast spells. I'm level 22 now.

EDIT : I already spent 1/5 of my respecs so i could get rid of the second spell. Not sure if spending another 2 is worth it.

Royce
07-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Hmm yeah good idea, I didn't think of that. However, how does a pure Mage fare at PvE? I thought they had a low survivability rate. Anyways, I am always in a team at that Mynas map so all I do is heal and occasionally cast spells. I'm level 22 now.

The way you're doing things, I wouldn't bother doing Int and then going Paladin later. By playing the high level dungeon only, you are rapidly gaining experience, and you will be level 40 in no time. In general, Int mages have lower survivability (but do fine if they play smart), but I do agree Int mage at first is the easier path to take simply because the extra mana and regen makes things easier and less costly until decent paladin gear with regen is available at level 40.

Formora
07-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Hmm okay I will stick to Paladin then. What gear do you recommend for me from the platinum store if I decide to buy from it? Or will I have to change them too quickly since I am leveling so fast?

Royce
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Hmm okay I will stick to Paladin then. What gear do you recommend for me from the platinum store if I decide to buy from it? Or will I have to change them too quickly since I am leveling so fast?

I wouldn't bother with plat items simply because they are only useful for 5 or so levels until you outgrow them, and at the rate you're leveling, that means a couple hours use ;) If you do buy any, I would recommend the frosty chain at like level 25 or 30, by then you will be gaining levels a bit slower, and the frosty chain gives you a bit of mana regen.

Yardsalez
07-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Well, i'm a lvl 30 pure int, right now i dont die a lot. You just need to use mana shield to protect urself and heal It is very easy. Do what you want to do but you will waste a lot of money lvling which culd probably add up to a piece of lvl 45 gear you could get with the money you used lvling. Just stay behind others in a group and range let the bear get aggro and if you get aggro just mana shield and run around until the warrior gets aggro Easy (:

Formora
07-30-2010, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't bother with plat items simply because they are only useful for 5 or so levels until you outgrow them, and at the rate you're leveling, that means a couple hours use ;) If you do buy any, I would recommend the frosty chain at like level 25 or 30, by then you will be gaining levels a bit slower, and the frosty chain gives you a bit of mana regen.

Oh okay. I will use the gear you sold me until 30, then switch to lvl 30 plat items and get Thoth later. One more question, what is inside the warrior's croc swamp pack?

Yardsalez
07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I just saw you do tombs of mynas mostly I do too with a 45 friend Just stick with pally then Becuz you will get 25 mana pots like every run there lol. I do and just heal than use them than replace repeat

Royce
07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh okay. I will use the gear you sold me until 30, then switch to lvl 30 plat items and get Thoth later. One more question, what is inside the warrior's croc swamp pack?

I have not seen the contents of that. I did get the enchantress swamp pack, and it had some decent stuff. Basically you get some okay items of each type (weapons, armor, shield, helm), that are good for when you first get to that level, but since they're 10 plat, I actually think buying the individual items you want at 2 plat each is a better deal. Anyway, let me know if you want any more Croc gear. I have some upper level 28, 30, 35 stuff too, and I didn't realize how fast you were progressing ;) If you want, I will just take the stuff I sold you earlier back in trade for higher level ones.

Formora
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
I have not seen the contents of that. I did get the enchantress swamp pack, and it had some decent stuff. Basically you get some okay items of each type (weapons, armor, shield, helm), that are good for when you first get to that level, but since they're 10 plat, I actually think buying the individual items you want at 2 plat each is a better deal. Anyway, let me know if you want any more Croc gear. I have some upper level 28, 30, 35 stuff too, and I didn't realize how fast you were progressing ;) If you want, I will just take the stuff I sold you earlier back in trade for higher level ones.

Haha that would be great although I still haven't used the lvl 25 stuff you sold me ;)
The plat store doesn't sell individual shields and helms though do they? Because I'm not seeing them. I have 14 plat left, do you recommend me buying the set?

Yard, who are you in-game?

Royce
07-30-2010, 11:05 AM
The plat store doesn't sell individual shields and helms though do they? Because I'm not seeing them. I have 14 plat left, do you recommend me buying the set?

No there are no plat helms and shields (other than in the packs), but it's really up to you. The thing about helms in particular is that you don't really need to upgrade them as regularly. Usually every 5 levels equates to only a 1 armor change in helms, so a level 25 helm is identical to a level 30 helm -1 armor, or a level 35 helm -2 armor which is not a very big deal.

Formora
07-30-2010, 11:08 AM
No there are no plat helms and shields (other than in the packs), but it's really up to you. The thing about helms in particular is that you don't really need to upgrade them as regularly. Usually ever 5 levels equates to only a 1 armor change in helms, so a level 25 helm is identical to a level 30 helm -1 armor, or a level 35 helm -2 armor which is not a very big deal.

Ah ok. But right now my helm is crap :P
Yeah I will go buy it and see if it's any good. Hopefully I do *crosses fingers*

Dammit, I got useless stuff lol. The sword was white, the rest were green. The stuff I bought from you were better IMO. Not going to buy that again.

Violentsaint
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
dont worry about wasting plat on items because you'll most likely end up dying if u try to attack anything in ao2, you may aswell just get a few high level players to run you through the third level while your using experience potions.

and yes... that is indeed pacman in my avatar :P

Yardsalez
07-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Who am I ingame?????? my ign is Yardsalez so Yardsalez an enchantress?

Formora
07-30-2010, 10:04 PM
dont worry about wasting plat on items because you'll most likely end up dying if u try to attack anything in ao2, you may aswell just get a few high level players to run you through the third level while your using experience potions.

and yes... that is indeed pacman in my avatar :P

Lol, pacman!

Yeah I just follow them around healing or reviving with the occasional firestorm. And I just started using the hardcore experience potion, they are awesome. Level 26 now.

Yardsalez I'll try to add you in-game.

Raxie
07-31-2010, 04:00 PM
omg...
you level up so fast! what's your k/d?

Formora
07-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Haha, you're the second person who has told me that ;)
Kills/Death? I think 200+/100+. Yeah it's crap I know. Btw level 38 now.

Snakespeare
08-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Low level gear is dropped in low level dungeons. Don't do the specialty dungeons at low levels, they drop high level gear.