PDA

View Full Version : I feel 3 months is too long between campaigns

modredd
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
If I am to understand correctly three months is to allow people who cannot afford/or choose not to purchase elixers to level up to the cap?
The problem is the majority of us diehard players who reached the level cap in a week, the game becomes monotonous and redundant and you lose all interest.
I think you should get your level cap vanity no matter what the level cap is! It should not be an incentive it should just be your right.
This way we don't all have to be doing the same thing and people can be trying to get to level 61 and I can be at level 66 but we both can get the vanities we need, then nobody has any pressure and the game is more enjoyable and relaxed.
I have not played this game in over a month because of lack of interest and remember not everybody who plays one game plays another. I do not like Star legends and I do not play it.
Now I hear the next update for Pocket legends will come out after the inception of Dark legends beta.
No matter what you do there will always be people who want to get to the level cap in 8 hours without eating, sleeping or drinking and that's their perogitive.
I think the game should be more player friendly and I think this game should be more relaxed and more enjoyable, that's when people get tense or feel rushed or in a hurry and when drop rates are clearly not the best.
So my options are with the minimal time I have available in my life to play a new game that I do not even know if I will like and in the meantime the game that I do like (Pocket legends) I will have to wait even longer for another update.
There are too many options now and eventually I may just walk away and move on with real life because Dark legends maybe the best game ever but my heart will always be with Pocket legends
And my concern is how this company is going to be keeping up with implementing high quality campaigns for three different games.
Like comic book collecting they will have 5 titles with the same character but I will not buy all 5 usually one title I prefer more

WoundedEagle
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Now when you say too long between campaigns, are you referring to level cap also? Otherwise I completely disagree. I wouldn't mind the level 71 cap in the summer as long as there was elite campaigns to keep us occupied...

Elyseon
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Now when you say too long between campaigns, are you referring to level cap also? Otherwise I completely disagree. I wouldn't mind the level 71 cap in the summer as long as there was elite campaigns to keep us occupied...

Yep, 3 months is short between caps

modredd
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Its the middle of winter in Maine, it's below zero give me an escape I don't care what they do.
An elite campaign would be awesome but we haven't had one since the Shadow caves .
Give me anything but to do the same Mount fangs campaign over and over is just not going to work, we are not disagreeing that there needs to be something to keep us occupied in the middle of the three month wait between the free campaigns.
I just need something to get me to summer then I can be at the beach and not worry about it,lol

modredd
02-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Not if you take a week to reach the cap we all move at different speeds which is my point,this is not about disagreeing with everybody it's about looking at it from a different vantage point.
Comic books come out monthly sitcoms come out every week, magazines/newspapers come out everyday, it doesn't take 3 months to play pocket legends one campaign.
If you need the level cap like I said even when a new one comes out you should still get your vanity regardless.

razerfingers
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I agree with you, good to see you're still around though :) like the forums but i miss you ingame its so boring sometimes.

Storms
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I agree I don't have a lot of time to start a third game and I could go either way, a new level cap or an elite campaign in pocket legends would be perfect.

Artemis
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
STS can't please everyone. Either it's to short or it's to long. Either way, people will be complaining. Next time don't rush it, just enjoy the painfully long leveling :o

Swimmingstar
02-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I would rather have better campaigns like another 3 part trilogy.

Swords
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
U know sometimes the lvl cap can be more than 3 months depending on the next game coming out like SL and DL

Elyseon
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Not if you take a week to reach the cap we all move at different speeds which is my point,this is not about disagreeing with everybody it's about looking at it from a different vantage point.
Comic books come out monthly sitcoms come out every week, magazines/newspapers come out everyday, it doesn't take 3 months to play pocket legends one campaign.
If you need the level cap like I said even when a new one comes out you should still get your vanity regardless.

U have a point, but the game isnt just for ppl who spend plat on elixirs, some ppl still play trying to reach 66

Swimmingstar
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
U have a point, but the game isnt just for ppl who spend plat on elixirs, some ppl still play trying to reach 66

Agreed.

WoundedEagle
02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Its the middle of winter in Maine, it's below zero give me an escape I don't care what they do.
An elite campaign would be awesome but we haven't had one since the Shadow caves .
Give me anything but to do the same Mount fangs campaign over and over is just not going to work, we are not disagreeing that there needs to be something to keep us occupied in the middle of the three month wait between the free campaigns.
I just need something to get me to summer then I can be at the beach and not worry about it,lol

It was only 31 there yesterday :///

RBeltran
02-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I kinda agree, kinda disagree. I was able to hit 66 in about a little over a month and that was with using 1.5s and dailies while playing about 2 hours a day. But if they take longer to bring out the campaigns then I can expect a high quality campaign :)

superme
02-05-2012, 06:29 PM
U kiddin' me mon?! I think 3 months is not enough time !!!

RedRyder
02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
3 months is too long. It looks like it might be longer this time around too. I agree with you mod, as well as what wounded said. Like, if they gave us more content in whichever way shape or form, as long as it's time consuming then I'm 95% sure we'd be happy campers.

Give us level cap raising material every three months, but give us expansions within the campaign at the halfway 1.5 month mark. That way with an elite campaign, we have two sets of gear to farm or content to explore in case there are players that just breeze through the main content.

Hardcore players can move onto the elite portion, while casual players can stay and frolic in the main portion. Everybody wins!

RBeltran
02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
3 months is too long. It looks like it might be longer this time around too. I agree with you mod, as well as what wounded said. Like, if they gave us more content in whichever way shape or form, as long as it's time consuming then I'm 95% sure we'd be happy campers.

Give us level cap raising material every three months, but give us expansions within the campaign at the halfway 1.5 month mark. That way with an elite campaign, we have two sets of gear to farm or content to explore in case there are players that just breeze through the main content.

Hardcore players can move onto the elite portion, while casual players can stay and frolic in the main portion. Everybody wins!

Devs need to give us Pet Rocks to play with!

Whirlzap
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure 75% of the community said 3 months was too SHORT in contrary to your opinion about 3-4 months ago.
Some reasons why you think this:
1. Not everyone has time to play like even an hour a day
2. Not everyone can find a good leveling party
3. Not everyone can buy plat

STS wants everyone to enjoy the game the best they can, and this means not rushing the caps and leaving those who cannot play as much behind in the dust.
I think 3 months per campaign is still a bit too fast, however, Mount Fang has been easy to cap at, which is obviously seen by the increased number of 66s.
Plus, we've had enough time to adjust in PvP.
I believe 5 months would be a nice rate for every new campaign.

Whirlzap
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
@Red:
I understand your opinion on this and I do partly agree.
For Nuri's, the EXP was brutal, and that is why most people thought 3 months was too short.
For Mount Fang however, the EXP was insanely fast, and that is why a few people thought 3 months to be short.
However, you stated that the hardcore could grind to it.
I wanted to say something about that.
Did you consider the possibility of a hardcore player, that is willing to grind his way to 66, but does not have enough time to play the game and grind there?
I believe this is where the opinion divides.

Swords
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure 75% of the community said 3 months was too SHORT in contrary to your opinion about 3-4 months ago.
Some reasons why you think this:
1. Not everyone has time to play like even an hour a day
2. Not everyone can find a good leveling party
3. Not everyone can buy plat

STS wants everyone to enjoy the game the best they can, and this means not rushing the caps and leaving those who cannot play as much behind in the dust.
I think 3 months per campaign is still a bit too fast, however, Mount Fang has been easy to cap at, which is obviously seen by the increased number of 66s.
Plus, we've had enough time to adjust in PvP.
I believe 5 months would be a nice rate for every new campaign.

theres a pro and a con to this situation tho.

PRO- slower time means more time to play to reach the lvl 66 cap

CON- elixir people would already get to lvl cap in a week after the expansion comes out, but dont wanna wait 3 months until next cap

Jugernugett
02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
All o it's true, considering that dark legends is on the way!:) we will lvl in PL and some in SL. Then, we can all join forces and move to;) "sniff" DL!

RedRyder
02-06-2012, 12:19 AM
@Red:
I understand your opinion on this and I do partly agree.
For Nuri's, the EXP was brutal, and that is why most people thought 3 months was too short.
For Mount Fang however, the EXP was insanely fast, and that is why a few people thought 3 months to be short.
However, you stated that the hardcore could grind to it.
I wanted to say something about that.
Did you consider the possibility of a hardcore player, that is willing to grind his way to 66, but does not have enough time to play the game and grind there?
I believe this is where the opinion divides.

Personally, I didn't have a lot of time to play so I breezed through it just to get that out of the way. But that's all fine.
My main point was that STS should release a campaign expansion, that wouldn't raise the cap, midway to keep anyone that's ahead, busy. Even if it was recolored fang gear, we'd all be happy. Hell, they could make money out of it by charging plat for it (as long as its not the tragic pay per run)

modredd
02-06-2012, 12:29 AM
When dealing with opinions it's not about who is right or wrong,it's about listening to other peoples point of view and vantage point.
I just wanted a dialogue and I wanted people to know how I felt and if anybody agreed, I think when the new level cap comes you should still be eligible to get the old level cap vanity.
It is about staying current and relevant,somebody suggested going to a level cap every 5 months and I don't see how that is feasible nor would that make the game even interesting to play.
This isn't about pleasing people but stating your opinion and I've made my stance and nothing will probably change as a result of it but that's what the forum is for.
But I no longer have that excitement that I use to have due to the lack luster last 2 campaigns and eventually I expect my interest to diminish completely.
So in the meantime I may or may not participate in Dark legends and I will not be back until Pocket legends of some sort of campaign update!
And I hope the next pocket legends campaign knocks my socks off!!!

JTZ
02-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Nuris and mt fang are elite campaigns, so in the next lvl cap they should make 2 campaigns. 1 for normal then 1 that costs platinum and it is for elite players

CodyBearr
02-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Honestly to the people reach max lv in a week or 2 days it's their own fault they get bored to quick... For people that normally play the game and don't use elixir, like myself, 3 months is actually to short! Haha

Redbridge
02-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Lots of thoughts on this one.

The level cap is hit in a range of time frames dependant on the individual player. Some like to spend money and get there quick, some like to take their time, or maybe don't have much time to play.

There is plenty of content and three classes to play in PL. At only 5 plat I find it hard to understand why most players can't level one of each class and really enjoy the many campaigns PL has to offer.

There are plenty of quests. Many players I meet don't bother completing quests. I think these in themselves are a great source of fun and enjoyment. Trying to complete all quests is in itself one huge feat.

I don't PVP but again this is a whole new area which can take up lots of time.

Personally I think 3-4 months is just fine between caps. There is plenty of content to keep people occupied. There are many players who would benefit from playing the game through again. Personally I now have a toon every 5 levels and have had lots of fun running all the maps.... Shadows is still a tough place to grind though....lol

AbsolutePally
02-06-2012, 07:21 AM
This cap is fine time wise. Its allowing many people to collect their firsy vanity piece. Next campaign will be a good one, then a great one with the release of all the things coming shortly after the campaign comes out. All the doubters and nay sayers will be silenced, amd many who were driven away will return. New cool and amazing features that the community has wanted will arrive, but slowly.
Im going to finally level my poor neglected bear to 66 since my mage was first and bird followed shortly after. Just hope 2k plat is enough to get 66 then 3 71s!

Ambrogino
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
For all the people who think that a longer wait between campaigns is gonna equal better content are wrong. The devs dont understand the game from the players pov and will continue to release the same content that they love but us players will only enjoy for a short time. A very good example is nuri's.

XghostzX
02-06-2012, 07:55 AM
All we can say, is that STS will try to do their best to make everyone happy.

Sryyoulose
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Hellooooooooooo PVP all the way!

Samhayne
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,

We know that content is king. Everyone loves new stuff to play, explore, new experiences, new challenges. If we had the ability, we'd be pumping out content like crazy - but we are still a small shop (we just over 35 now total - a far cry from some of the larger companies we compete with). We are working hard to create quality stuff, new games like Dark Legends and keep fun stuff coming for our fans. While I don't have details to share, we do have stuff in work to keep more stuff coming for you to play with. As always, we couldn't get their without you, our fan's, support. Much <3 <3 back to you all for your continued support.

modredd
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
I cannot speak for anyone else but I have your back.
And I anxiously and with the emphasis on anxiously await some new campaigns and things to do and I personally don't like pvp.