PDA

View Full Version : The hidden genocide in congo

uwantaides
02-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi guys, I'm usually the one who jokes around and does the immature and stupid things, but not today. I have a scary and real story of the hidden genocide in the Congo (mostly eastern to be specific). There are certain militia groups there, who sexually abuse the women of the Congo, and in Africa the belief is that if a women is sexually abused she is no longer of worth. They get thrown out of their house and are supposed to fend for themselves. Then later on the militias come back and kill the fathers and take the children to be either child soldiers or to work on the mines. The mines are very important because there the children have to dig with bare hands with little to no food while getting beaten until they die. The minerals they get from the mines are gold, tin, tungsten, and tantalum. These 4 minerals are the main minerals used inside all the electronics WE use today, even to play this game. In the end the militia groups make money off of this and supply themselves with weapons and the cycle starts over again. There is a great video on YouTube that is named conflict minerals 101 it should be the first one on there. If u can't find it search username enoughproject. This is very important to me so please check it out. You can also go to their website enoughproject.com and you can type in email, phone number and name and they will send mail to the white house. If we stand together we may overcome what we have said we would not let repeat. Thank you.

Conradin
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks mate ill check into it. SOunds hidious whats happening

Piosidon
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM
This got me staring at my iPod

Commanderkeen
02-05-2012, 11:14 PM
That's horrible ill look into it asap. On a side note I think this should be in the off topic section of the forum.

trixie
02-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for this information . I will definitely be sure to look into it. That's terrible what they are doing.

StompArtist
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Blood diamonds as well. Sad world we live in.

uwantaides
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Yes stomp it is sort of like blood diamonds, yet with blood diamonds people spoke out and many big companies don't use them any more. In this case the big companies like apple, Microsoft, etc. haven't done a thing yet. It's very sad and also makes me wonder why I use these devices.

flashbackflip
02-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Don't you think this might be a disguise to get all the hype and 'force' the WhiteHouse to invade Africa just like they invaded Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan and going for Syria and Iran?? Not to mention Egyptian revolution all-made by well-funded social media professionals..

Can they use social media and good-hearted ppl like you and others like u to make excuses for themselves.. Just like 'chemical weapons' Saddam never had.. But now they do it not thru fake intel, but via 'social-media-movement'

I'm not saying its 'all-good' in Africa. I know it's not.. And Congo never was a target of first priority, so this case is hardly a fake. But always think of other possibilities too. Don't let anyone to blur yo mind

uwantaides
02-06-2012, 03:37 AM
I understand where you are coming from flash, but I have to disagree with this one. I have seen videos of what is going on their listened to witness testimonies and looked into their eyes and you can see this IS happening. I understand there are other conflicts that are being made by us government to get what they want. The thing is when you look into the women's eyes that have seen all the monstorsitys and after the sexual abuse they have went through I can't see this being a so called "hoax". I understand your points and agree with Iraq being a hoax but I cannot see this being one. Thank you for ur option though. Cya in game flip xD

flashbackflip
02-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Yeah, mate, i'm not saying it's fake in Congo. And i'm thankful for bringing up this topic as i never knew that kids in Africa mine materials for my favorite gadgets.. I could have think of it, but never bothered to dig the info i guess..

I'm totally 'pro' such posts to wake up those, who might be sleeping with the eyes open

The problem is no particular action can be done by any government.. If US (or any other country) will send navy there it would be intervention.. If STS (or our crowdfunding) will send a corps of private mercs (like French Legion) it would be escalation of the conflict..

The only way is paradigmal shift in the minds and souls of the whole humankind. Have you heard of The Venus Project? That guy Jaque Frisco is talking about changing attitude to the monetary system and making it source-oriented..

And if we see the situation from the resource-oriented economy point of view, than we will surprisingly discover, that only 0,2% of global Earth GDP is needed to build hospitals in every african city

To do so we need to understand and deny the over-consumption system we are in right now

Speaking gadgets, Apple (for example, coz it applies to every corporation) should stop making its marketing tricks of releasing slightly upgraded products every year and concentrate on upgradable and recyclable stuff every 2-3 years

Speaking 'human-power' we should boycot the most greedy corporations by stopping to buy their products (personally, i don't buy any Nestle product after i learned they destroy unique palm forests to make their stuff, tho i loved Nesquick..). And surely, we should educate each other on such matters. That's why i'm thankful to you for your post, bro

Peace and all the best

dreenise
02-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Nestle actually source all of their palm oil from sustainable plantations now. The problem isn't the fact they are using palm oil, its the fact that they are destroying normal rainforests, and therefore animal habitats, especially Orangutans, to plant these plantations.

Rawrimafish
02-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey ... quite sad heres the vid(i hope its the right one) always thought congo was like candy er somthin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-sJgcoY20

flashbackflip
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Nestle actually source all of their palm oil from sustainable plantations now. The problem isn't the fact they are using palm oil, its the fact that they are destroying normal rainforests, and therefore animal habitats, especially Orangutans, to plant these plantations.

Thank you. It was about 2 years ago when i stopped buying them, so i kinda forgot the original point when made a habbit not-to-buy. Thank you for reminding the actual matter

Moreover, Nestle is not the only company to rip and rape the planet.. It's just the one i know for sure. Frankly speaking, i believe all transcontinentals do this. That's why i try to use as many little local brands as i can. But sadly i can not decline tech.. I work in digital media and i love all digital gadgets (though skipped ipad2 not to overconsume)).. I guess i need to work on that more

And that's why social media is the key in education/precaution measures which could at least slow those greedy guys down

uwantaides
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
@rawrimafish yep that's the right video! Thanks you fr posting it for me. And thank you to all who has checked this post means a lot to me guys!

Cahaun
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
It's the stories like these that make me thankful for my freedom. Still sad about the twisted minds of those that think doing bad is their only option.

Artentreri
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Freedom?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/15/americans-face-guantanamo-detention-obama

flashbackflip
02-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Yeah, guys... Freedom? In USA?

I'm very sad reading news of what's happening in and BY your country..

You were so proud and life-full nation but now you are starting to evolve into the aggressive and stiff state..

On the one hand - your government try to shift from the 'new world order' concept to the chaotic-in-nature 'new world disorder' to disbalance the sitiation in an attempt of confronting rising China

On the other hand - starting genicide of your own people heated by the fear of disagreement and lobbied by private prison system owners..

Take care, brothers.. Best wishes on the upcoming elections.. Be wise

Artentreri
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, guys... Freedom? In USA?

I'm very sad reading news of what's happening in and BY your country..

You were so proud and life-full nation but now you are starting to evolve into the aggressive and stiff state..

On the one hand - your government try to shift from the 'new world order' concept to the chaotic-in-nature 'new world disorder' to disbalance the sitiation in an attempt of confronting rising China

On the other hand - starting genicide of your own people heated by the fear of disagreement and lobbied by private prison system owners..

Take care, brothers.. Best wishes on the upcoming elections.. Be wise

Sucks, but I have to agree with you..first we have a president with an iq of 7 who cares about nothing more than oil and impressing his daddy by blowin up villages. Now, we have a bill that let's the military enter any home without warrant, take anyone they think is committing terrorist acts, and send them to Guantanamo bay. That's only the military, don't get me started on health care, corporations, or education.

flashbackflip
02-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Sucks, but I have to agree with you..first we have a president with an iq of 7 who cares about nothing more than oil and impressing his daddy by blowin up villages. Now, we have a bill that let's the military enter any home without warrant, take anyone they think is committing terrorist acts, and send them to Guantanamo bay. That's only the military, don't get me started on health care, corporations, or education.

It's good to see people seing the truth and understanding the consequances..

As you understand, my post is not to taunt your nation or to gloat .. I'm with you all in my heart

I so hope you will speak up your voice on elections for this really un-natural and in-human politics will be changed

Peace to all

Artentreri
02-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Yep, everybody's entitled to their opinion.