PDA

View Full Version : What everyone wants to know: When can we see more of, or play Dark Legends?

Samhayne
02-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Since we released the official announcement of Dark Legends (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?49077-Spacetime-Studios-Sires-Vampire-Themed-Mobile-and-Desktop-MMO-Dark-Legends), we've seen a pretty non stop stream of questions asking things like:

When can we see screenshots?
What about some video?
How is the gameplay?
What are the classes?
When is Beta?
When can I PLAY!?

It's awesome that you are so excited for the next title from Spacetime Studios! While we're not quite ready to answer all of the above questions, we can fill you in more about some details. One of the reasons, among many, that we put out the Dark Legends announcement (http://www.darklegends.com) was to generate interest in the gaming press to see Dark Legends at upcoming shows. Spacetime Studios will be showing off Dark Legends to the press at these upcoming trade shows:

Mobile World Congress (http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/)
Barcelona, Spain
Feb 27 - March 1

Game Developers Conference (http://www.gdconf.com/)
San Francisco, USA
March 5 - March 9

Both of these events are industry trade shows. As such, they're not open to the general public. So, you're not going to be able to get in and play Dark Legends yourself. However, you can expect that there will be press reports rolling their way out like a black fog rising from a boggy graveyard. :mask: Stay tuned!

StompArtist
02-06-2012, 09:41 AM
So who's the lucky folks going to Barcelona? Do not pass up the opportunity to stuff your face with tapas!

CrimsonTider
02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
So if DL is AT LEAST a month to month and a half before beta and Humania is suppose to he after the DL release your next wave of questions will look like this:

Any new content to keep us occupied til the two release?

Are there any events planned to fill in the time?

I am sure there will be more but expect these to be the next to flood the forums. :)

wvhills
02-06-2012, 10:14 AM
So if DL is AT LEAST a month to month and a half before beta and Humania is suppose to he after the DL release your next wave of questions will look like this:

I am sure there will be more but expect these to be the next to flood the forums. :)

I agree with crimson. I'm still liking mt fang but it's hard finding games there now. It seems like nuri's went by too fast and mt fang is going to long. Maybe you can make fractional xp available in nuri's and it will get people playing with 2 end game areas to run?

Edit: twinking would also help pass the time. So it would be nice if you would reinstate getting kills in level appropriate areas will xp gain is disabled. :D

In an event, I wasn't excited at all about SL and never gave it a try but I'm stocked for Dark Legends! I hope it's as good as I think it will be!

octavos
02-06-2012, 10:25 AM

I agree PL needs content as much as SL...Content is king but waiting gets umm...well lets say....impatient. IMO i can wait :D, but other so called "Casual players and kids" are not as patient as the hardcore. Yes were all in anticipation for Dl, we get that. Yes we want to hear about the shows about DL, but the thing is "To quiet in Both SL/PL...it seems abandoned" and not bringing the players back now wont care as much about the release of DL. I want players to be brought to the games already created to ease the tention of waiting. Something...anything...thats why we want to know when DL is released (To keep us playing).

Roc
02-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Excellent, hopefully on my birthday I'll be getting a wonderful gift of DL info :biggrin:

Kenzor
02-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I agree PL needs content as much as SL...Content is king but waiting gets umm...well lets say....impatient. IMO i can wait :D, but other so called "Casual players and kids" are not as patient as the hardcore. Yes were all in anticipation for Dl, we get that. Yes we want to hear about the shows about DL, but the thing is "To quiet in Both SL/PL...it seems abandoned" and not bringing the players back now wont care about the release of DL. I want players to be brought to the games already created to ease the tention of waiting. Something...anything...thats why we want to know when DL is released (To keep us playing).

Well said, definately need something to keep us occupied while we wait, ive capped my main and i dont have the patience to cap my alt as its newly lvl 40. The only thing left to do is pvp, and even my twinks find it hard to get good fights under go.

adidaman
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm just wondering if the f2p (or free to pay, in this case) will be prevalent in dark legends?

drewcapu
02-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Any chance at meet & greets outside of the hours of either of those two conferences?

I'm in the SF area (work in SF), but wouldn't be able to meet during the day inside the conference (not to mention it is quite expensive). Maybe some place like Jillian's (right by Moscone) after hours?

octavos
02-06-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm just wondering if the f2p (or free to pay, in this case) will be prevalent in dark legends?

Of course it will my friend. STS is good about that F2P :p but i want to know when the subscriptions are gonna happen (and what it includes) :p

ninjaduck
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
It would also be good if STS released some info in device capability, or whether Chrome beta will come at the same time as the normal beta!

@rob getting those locked xp kills would definitely occupy people for a month, great idea :)

Feke
02-06-2012, 11:37 AM
LOL! It would be so simple to write "Sorry guys, but 'till 27th of February we can't show You anything more from the game."
If I'd get this info earlier I wouldn't check FB pages and Forums every tenth minute and not playing SL and PL 'cause of this for a week..

Samhayne
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Any chance at meet & greets outside of the hours of either of those two conferences?

I'm in the SF area (work in SF), but wouldn't be able to meet during the day inside the conference (not to mention it is quite expensive). Maybe some place like Jillian's (right by Moscone) after hours?

Hey Drew,

Sorry, only a couple of us going to the shows and their evenings are already pretty much booked with business / press meetings. When STS gets a bit bigger and we have some more bandwidth for meet 'n greets like what you describe, I'll totally get them put together.

Commanderkeen
02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Woot thanks for the heads up sam im so amped up for DL.

Nick41324
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Since we released the official announcement of Dark Legends (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?49077-Spacetime-Studios-Sires-Vampire-Themed-Mobile-and-Desktop-MMO-Dark-Legends), we've seen a pretty non stop stream of questions asking things like:

When can we see screenshots?
What about some video?
How is the gameplay?
What are the classes?
When is Beta?
When can I PLAY!?
I think i can be accused of harrasing the devs quite a bit.. :apologetic: I also wish i could go to the trade show.

BTW: will you guys give out those cool buttons? :)

Rosybuds
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Guys Thanks for the Info, But Tend to Agree with a lot of stuff that's Been said to be Honest I am Bored with Mount Fang Now after you get to L66 it seems like what's the point, I got a L60 Tank But I've Said this on Face Book a few times Now Nuri's is a Ghost Town I Played my Tank In Nuri's Since L54 ( or what ever Level it is you can play it at can't remember) and from then till L60 Still Not One Pink Or Recipe I really think this is why all the lower Levels are going to straight to Fang as soon as they can,Which is such a Shame it's as if it as previously said a Ghost Town, It's Totally Impossible to get Any Demonic Gear @ All Unless you wanna be Paying Crazy Prices they are even More Expensive than stuff from Fang, it would be such a shame to Lose that Set, Even if you don't Put up the Level Cap could we not have a couple of new maps, Their really ain't no need to raise the cap every time you add some New Maps You Could cap them from L60 To L66 which still gives Lower Levels Plenty of Maps And Leveling to Do !!! Or Some Mini Games As I said Before to Like Halloween or Holiday stuff you Do You could do more of these without their being a Holiday, Treasure Hunts for I dunno Gold or a Decent Pink Vanity Item Whatever !! Their are Tons of stuff that can be Done, Can I Have a Job !!!! :-)))) anyways looking forward to D/L Just Hope P/L Stays Just As Busy and doesn't end up Empty :-((( I Love this Game Sooo Much As You know, Anyways Take Care Thanks Again for the Info Looking Forward to the Press Releasing all the Vids And stuff on to the Net... ������

iAmPain
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
ugh..wish there was a conference here at Vancouver CA. :DD

Sryyoulose
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Can't wait!

Aculeas
02-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Yes... GOOOOOD....

Skeokateva
02-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Totally stoked :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

MightyMicah
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Awesome! Honestly, I didn't think I'd get this pumped for DL...but I totally am! Thanks for the update Sam! Means alot!

sweetnsour
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I agree PL needs content as much as SL...Content is king but waiting gets umm...well lets say....impatient. IMO i can wait :D, but other so called "Casual players and kids" are not as patient as the hardcore. Yes were all in anticipation for Dl, we get that. Yes we want to hear about the shows about DL, but the thing is "To quiet in Both SL/PL...it seems abandoned" and not bringing the players back now wont care as much about the release of DL. I want players to be brought to the games already created to ease the tention of waiting. Something...anything...thats why we want to know when DL is released (To keep us playing).

To keep us playing... As a normal average player I honestly think its to fast as it is..SL just came out like what...5 months ago or so...A new game that requires more money, more time and if you think about it you'll get to lvl 40 and a new game will come out.....They haven't even lvl capped yet..unless it stops at lvl 40 instead of 60...then what DL will stop at lvl 30 before a new one? Why play SL anymore when DL comes out...the formats are the same....I guess I don't get it...unless its just about the money for the company I don't get it...Why have anything at all RIGHT NOW...Whats the hurry?? If your bored of SL or PL..then an MMO is not for you...The company just needs to learn to update content faster instead of focusing on the time it takes to release a whole NEW game...You guys are great, but it's starting to look more like you want OUR money instead of our enjoyment.

Ardon
02-06-2012, 10:23 PM
To keep us playing... As a normal average player I honestly think its to fast as it is..SL just came out like what...5 months ago or so...A new game that requires more money, more time and if you think about it you'll get to lvl 40 and a new game will come out.....They haven't even lvl capped yet..unless it stops at lvl 40 instead of 60...the. What DL will stop at lvl 30 before a new one? Why play SL anymore when DL comes out...the formats are the same....I guess I don't get it...unless its just about the money for the company I don't get it...

Dammit out of thanks lol

+ 1

darklegender
02-07-2012, 01:22 AM
when will be relased

Commanderkeen
02-07-2012, 03:20 AM
when will be relased

First quarter this year, STS will probably tell us everything after the game developer conference which takes place early march. Or you could always watch/read everything that the two conferences says about DL.

Deathpunch
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
To keep us playing... As a normal average player I honestly think its to fast as it is..SL just came out like what...5 months ago or so...A new game that requires more money, more time and if you think about it you'll get to lvl 40 and a new game will come out.....They haven't even lvl capped yet..unless it stops at lvl 40 instead of 60...then what DL will stop at lvl 30 before a new one? Why play SL anymore when DL comes out...the formats are the same....I guess I don't get it...unless its just about the money for the company I don't get it...Why have anything at all RIGHT NOW...Whats the hurry?? If your bored of SL or PL..then an MMO is not for you...The company just needs to learn to update content faster instead of focusing on the time it takes to release a whole NEW game...You guys are great, but it's starting to look more like you want OUR money instead of our enjoyment.

What in the world do you think businesses go into business for? Hint: not for your entertainment. Money is the first thing on any businesses mind. That they make games that you happen to enjoy and they happen to enjoy making is secondary to the real reason they are around. Money.

Growwle
02-07-2012, 10:29 AM

To keep us playing... As a normal average player I honestly think its to fast as it is..SL just came out like what...5 months ago or so...A new game that requires more money, more time and if you think about it you'll get to lvl 40 and a new game will come out.....They haven't even lvl capped yet..unless it stops at lvl 40 instead of 60...then what DL will stop at lvl 30 before a new one? Why play SL anymore when DL comes out...the formats are the same....I guess I don't get it...unless its just about the money for the company I don't get it...Why have anything at all RIGHT NOW...Whats the ohurry?? If your bored of SL or PL..then an MMO is not for you...The company just needs to learn to update content faster instead of focusing on the time it takes to release a whole NEW game...You guys are great, but it's starting to look more like you want OUR money instead of our enjoyment.

Pick one game and play it, then you will not be paying for three games. It is nice to have a variety of themes to choose from.

StompArtist
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Good thing some people are not trying to play every EA game out there! lol

octavos
02-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Good thing some people are not trying to play every EA game out there! lol
OMG lol.....

To keep us playing... As a normal average player......
Yes it might be to soon for some....but not soon enough for the majority (STS can see who has capped and not). What were all giving here is our opinion of course. We want Dl, more content, the works if possible. As for me i like choices, and I will play any game STS brings out. That does not mean that everyone should do that lol. (but if you can afford it then why not.) STS believes that we want choices, which is right :p

sweetnsour
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
OMG lol.....

Yes it might be to soon for some....but not soon enough for the majority (STS can see who has capped and not). What were all giving here is our opinion of course. We want Dl, more content, the works if possible. As for me i like choices, and I will play any game STS brings out. That does not mean that everyone should do that lol. (but if you can afford it then why not.) STS believes that we want choices, which is right :p

I understand choices I do... I get it, but to say its a choice would mean the other games shouldn't be effected by it what so ever. I find that very hard to believe, and think it will affect the amount of ppl in each of those games..Also your 100% right...I don't have to play it, it's my choice...Just was a wow factor on how quickly a new game is out with the same exact format just diff theme. I guess I'll play what ever comes out after DL lol...Maybe Guardian legends? Who knows, sorry for the rant..just shocking.

PL Playa
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm kinda happy :/ I get lots of iTunes cards for my bday so i will be ready!!! :D

Feke
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Hmm. With my character "Feke" I purchased the name reserve. Now I deleted it and remade as a premium engineer, and the option to "Reserve Vampire Name" is at the profile page again. That means, that the name isn't reserved for me? I have to reserve it two times? I reserved now over ten of my character's names and I have a bad habit that I delete and remake my characters if they die. So if I remake all the characters that had a name reserve then I loose the reserves and I have to purchase them again for another 20 platinums? 'Cause if the game comes out at about April or May or whenever, 'till that I'll remake my characters about hundred times, so this would cost me a lots of money to reserve names again. By the days passing I get more and more problems with the games..

topskillz
02-07-2012, 11:06 PM
I am so anxious for thus game, i have everything set up. I hope this game blows away all expectations, and captures a ton of attention!

Aculeas
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
There is no release date yet but considering name reservations are out and we get a sneak peak at the game coming with event MWC 2012

I would be expecting the game to be released soon but not very soon.

octavos
02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
There is no release date yet but considering name reservations are out and we get a sneak peak at the game coming with event MWC 2012

I would be expecting the game to be released soon but not very soon.

From what i heard In chat it was in a "testing state ATM" meaning that it has to pass the target market test (High School Students :p).... but looks like the review were extremely positive, so now we wait till the shows that were announced (maybe screenshots and vids to fallow) :tranquillity:

Kiyoko
02-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm just glad that sts has a lot to offer. If it wasn't for star legends I wouldn't know about your games or forums today. Don't worry or listen to the negative because you guys have turned me into the gamer girl I am today

Thx sts :D

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Hmm. With my character "Feke" I purchased the name reserve. Now I deleted it and remade as a premium engineer, and the option to "Reserve Vampire Name" is at the profile page again. That means, that the name isn't reserved for me? I have to reserve it two times? I reserved now over ten of my character's names and I have a bad habit that I delete and remake my characters if they die. So if I remake all the characters that had a name reserve then I loose the reserves and I have to purchase them again for another 20 platinums? 'Cause if the game comes out at about April or May or whenever, 'till that I'll remake my characters about hundred times, so this would cost me a lots of
money to reserve names again. By the days passing I get more and more problems with the games..

Then dont delete ur characters! Simple as that.

Silentarrow
02-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Hopefully you guys have submitted to Apple already? :)

Scottred
02-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Can't wait!me toooooooooooooooooooo

Feke
02-19-2012, 02:39 AM
Then dont delete ur characters! Simple as that.
Hmm.. As I'm playing to create 0 death high kills characters, if a character dies it lost the reason to exist, so I delete and recreate it, as I did it already from the beginning of the game and will do 'till I leave the game, 'cause this is my point to play the game. And, please, let me decide if I want to remake a character or not. :)

Crunchee
02-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Don't worry, even if you deleted Feke, you can still have that name reserved.

Cool4ever100
02-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Cant wait!

Rawrimafish
02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I want to know when gameplay can be seen in a video.
I havent read all the posts here.

Commanderkeen
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I want to know when gameplay can be seen in a video.
I havent read all the posts here.

Dark Legends on Facebook said they will probably show us more of DL after the Mobile World Congress which takes place Feb 27-March 1.

originally posted by Darklegends on Facebook:

But to answer your release date questions, all we've said has been: "Dark Legends will be realeased for Android, IOS, and Chrome first quarter of 2012." Your next big look will probably come from Spacetime showing Dark Legend's at the Mobile World Congress trade show Feb 27th to march 1st