PDA

View Full Version : Will the beta only be available for Android?

WoundedEagle
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey STS community,

When Star Legends was released, it was only accessible from Android devices. Will the beta be available for chrome this time for DL? I don't have android and it would be awesome if it looked the way of a chrome beta...

Thanks!

Ardon
02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
It would be a smart thing to do. Another game I'm playing atm is in its beta stage and also cant put its beta out for ios because of apple's regulations.

They put their beta out for pc/mac for those who didnt have android. That way those ios people can play if they have a mac or pc.

I know that a chrome beta is different than the ios and android version. But just to make those ios people happy, it would be a smart move to release DL beta for chrome.

The Flash
02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I recall sam saying that beta wasnt comming for chrome. He said although this game comes out for chrome it was and is originally intended for the mobile device. Il try and dig it up and post the comment.

Commanderkeen
02-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Here's what sam said about betas as of now.

At the end of the day, the game is being designed for mobile. While we will bring it to desktops, we're likely to focus on a mobile beta. Again, no guarantees as to how the beta will shape up.

Given the limitations of releasing beta products on the Apple App Store, we are not likely to pursue a beta phase on that platform. We are unrestricted on the Android Marketplace to release beta apps and we will probably go that route again.

Skeletonlord
02-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Flip told me in private message about this, and said yes it should be on chrome!

ninjaduck
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Flip told me in private message about this, and said yes it should be on chrome!

The question is will BETA (the first not-fully-finished version) be on Chrome at the same time as it will on Android...

Ardon
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
If they do release a beta for chrome at the same time as the Android beta. Then they shouldn't focus on the chrome beta as much as the Android beta. Since the Android beta will be released first. The chrome beta could just be there to please those people who can't play because they don't have an Android device.

Snakespeare
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I can confirm that I heard the same information. Android, yes. iOS, no. Chrome, some want it. So from that I made the leap and guessed that Chrome is not a requirement for release to beta, only a desire.

DaddyChris
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Well if u signed up for it, they will probably give a link to it on android and probably chrome

TYRANTO
02-11-2012, 05:57 PM
i am looking forward to seeing DL on chrome

Cahaun
02-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Don't froget that the beta isn't supposed to be there so that people can just play it early for fun. This is a beta. One thing I don't want to see are people who don't do what the role of a beta tester is supposed to be. Yes we can play and have fun, but what I'm trying to say is that I want the people to actually report bugs and other things.

DasiaN
02-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Google's extremely popular browser, Chrome, has not been available for mobile Android consumers until now. However, most Android users are still locked out. The browser only functions devices using the Ice Cream Sandwich edition of Android. Source of article: Google Chrome now available for Ice Cream Sandwich (http://www.appisaurus.com/2926-chrome-for-android/). Now Google is making amends -- to some Android users, at least.

Theonew
02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Google's extremely popular browser, Chrome, has not been available for mobile Android consumers until now. However, most Android users are still locked out. The browser only functions devices using the Ice Cream Sandwich edition of Android. Source of article: Google Chrome now available for Ice Cream Sandwich (http://www.appisaurus.com/2926-chrome-for-android/). Now Google is making amends -- to some Android users, at least.

What does that have to do with the discussion? You do know that they are referring to Chrome for PC right?

WoundedEagle
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Don't froget that the beta isn't supposed to be there so that people can just play it early for fun. This is a beta. One thing I don't want to see are people who don't do what the role of a beta tester is supposed to be. Yes we can play and have fun, but what I'm trying to say is that I want the people to actually report bugs and other things.

I'm a bug hunter >:D

Takezaki
02-18-2012, 03:33 AM
no iOS ? That would be really dumb.

Ardon
02-18-2012, 07:37 AM
no iOS ? That would be really dumb.

Apple does not allow betas in their appstore. That is why it won't be on iOS.

Takezaki
02-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Apple does not allow betas in their appstore. That is why it won't be on iOS.

Makes perfect sense, I let my emotions speak.

Cool4ever100
02-19-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure but I have heard that iOS products are not allowed to run beta programs. You would have to see in terms of service/code of conduct for apple to find more info about that