PDA

View Full Version : "Quick Play" suggestion.

KingFu
07-31-2010, 02:55 AM
Some of you may have noticed, but if you hit quick play, and aren't satisfied with the place you ended up in, and you back out to the menu, and hit quick play again, it throws you into the same game. So how about when you go back it throws you into a new world?

Thanks, also, sorry if this should go in the bugs and technical issues category, but I think it's OK here! ;)

Barbamitsos
07-31-2010, 06:11 AM
I think u are right

Raxie
08-01-2010, 05:32 AM
very great idea.
/support

Snakespeare
08-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Great idea, with added feature... put that [Skip] button on the page that tells you where you were taken. Instead of Tap to Continue (like it or not), it would offer [OK] or [Try Again].

KingFu
08-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Great idea, with added feature... put that [Skip] button on the page that tells you where you were taken. Instead of Tap to Continue (like it or not), it would offer [OK] or [Try Again].

Nice idea, I think Quick Play could actually have a good amount of patches to it. I myself would rather have AO3 sooner, but this idea here might bump this up the list. Also what is your signature? Is it a show or a movie?

Snakespeare
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi, MD, it's just some images my daughter put together for me from my George Harrison collection. It is an Aum, the title of a song "This is Love", the Dark Horse Records logo, a picture from the 70's, and a picture from about a month before he died. If it were a show/movie it would be Concert for George DVD (Clapton and other friends a year after his death).

thanks for asking :)

FluffNStuff
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
If you are trying to enhance quick play, then one idea would be to have it try games with 'your friends' in em first. If those are full, then go to a random game. I suggest this because it would be nice to have an option to toss me into an open friends game. By open I mean not full and not password protected. When clicking on join with a friends game, you get a lot of game full, and worse you can jump into a password protected game where they were not ~expecting~ you.

KingFu
08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi, MD, it's just some images my daughter put together for me from my George Harrison collection. It is an Aum, the title of a song "This is Love", the Dark Horse Records logo, a picture from the 70's, and a picture from about a month before he died. If it were a show/movie it would be Concert for George DVD (Clapton and other friends a year after his death).

thanks for asking :)

Interesting, thanks!

If you are trying to enhance quick play, then one idea would be to have it try games with 'your friends' in em first. If those are full, then go to a random game. I suggest this because it would be nice to have an option to toss me into an open friends game. By open I mean not full and not password protected. When clicking on join with a friends game, you get a lot of game full, and worse you can jump into a password protected game where they were not ~expecting~ you.

Completely agree, there is a lot they could do with the "Quick Play" and by improving it I think it would be more used and more appreciated.

Cascade
08-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Also something that is absolutly annoying....Your playing a game and decide to go check out a game that one of your friends are playing you click the join button and it says...The lvl has to many players...Blah blah....Then it boots you to the main screen...It could atlest put you back in the same game.....

FluffNStuff
08-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Also something that is absolutly annoying....Your playing a game and decide to go check out a game that one of your friends are playing you click the join button and it says...The lvl has to many players...Blah blah....Then it boots you to the main screen...It could atlest put you back in the same game.....

That definitely sucks. Worst is when you get an invite, and you then try, and it is full.

KingFu
08-02-2010, 01:57 PM
That definitely sucks. Worst is when you get an invite, and you then try, and it is full.

Yuck, especially when you are in the only full town, leave, and it boots you to a noob town and you have to refresh the join page every second to get back in!

Snakespeare
08-02-2010, 01:59 PM

Yeah, THEY should get an error message saying "You can't invite to a FULL game."

cry
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
/Join.
(OMG it is joining)
(Oh wait I here forest haven muzac.)
/Forest Haven join screen
/Rage
/Try again
(OMG it is joining)
(Oh wait I here forest haven muzac.)
(OMG I am in a noob town)
/Rage

KingFu
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, THEY should get an error message saying "You can't invite to a FULL game."

Most of the time I think the person invite you, and someone right then joins, and it "happens" to be their friend, and they will be "be done with the stage soon" you then get in next game, and it's the other persons turn to sit out...

Snakespeare
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I dunno, maybe they spammed invites...

But it's a rabbit trail, isn't it. Should probably go on a thread about invites, not quickplays.