PDA

View Full Version : ==== Can't Find the Right Class? ====

RBeltran
02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I check these forums regularly and one type thread that comes up in this forums that I see is the "I don't know what class/build to be" thread. This guide is mainly pointed towards newer players but veteran players can use this too. Please give me your opinions on this idea. :) I got this idea from many other MMOs and I thought I'd try and make one main thread for this. The main problem with these threads is that the original poster often doesn't give readers enough information to make any suggestions. Help us out, and we'll try to help you :) Simply copy and paste this template with all of your answers on it.

Maybe this could be stickied somewhere? New Players section? Player Guides Section?

This is a guide on how to write a detailed "Help me find a class/build" thread. This is not a guide on how to find the right class...just on how to ask for help about it.

THINGS THAT DO NOT MATTER:

PvP viability. All classes have this. Doesn't matter unless you're twinking.
You want the "best" class/race combo. There isn't a best combo or a best class. It doesn't exist.
Most OP (overpowered) class. This is debatable. Right now there ISN'T a super godly class in my opinion anyway. All classes have their strengths and weaknesses.
Most fun class. What I think is fun might not be your cup of tea, so making a good suggestion for you based on "fun" isn't going to be accurate.

Links to each class section of the forum

Archer: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Archer-Class-Discussion

Enchantress: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?10-Enchantress-Class-Discussion

Warrior: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?10-Enchantress-Class-Discussion

TEMPLATE

IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE GAME AND HAVE NEVER PLAYED:

Are you partial to cloth wearers, leather wearers, or do you want a little more bulk in your armor?

What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for warriors. PL might have a rough equivalent for you!

Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells?

Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces?

Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe?

Have you tried any classes already?

Do any of the classes stick out to you as being attractive? If you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down.

IF YOU'RE ANSWERING THESE THREADS OR GIVING ADVICE:

1. Don't give a one-word or vague answer. Telling someone "I think you should play a mage" tells them absolutely nothing. Why do you think they would like it?
2. Don't suggest a class just because you like it. That's an opinion of what YOU like, not a suggestion of what THEY might like.
3. Also you could add what type of build they should be with the class. For example a Warbird, an Int Bear, or a Dex Mage.

superme
02-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Nice

Yich
06-13-2012, 01:09 AM
IF YOU'RE ANSWERING THESE THREADS OR GIVING ADVICE:

1. Don't give a one-word or vague answer.

First response, 1 word answer. Good fight. In response to the thread,there ARE overpowered classes you just have to know how to make the OP at that level. There is no "one class fits all" for all levels. Different classes for different levels.

Entertaining
06-13-2012, 01:19 AM
I think this belongs in New Players section.