PDA

View Full Version : My Naruto Art! With a speed drawing video!

RedRyder
02-08-2012, 11:08 PM
All done on sketchclub for iPad :) its for iPod/phone too and only 2.99 (about $5 cheaper than all the other rivaling art apps) and has an in app screen recorder! It also give you the option of inserting any song in your library and speeds up the video according to its length. Besides that, it has 2,4 and 8x speed options. The best part of the app is that it has it's own online community of sketchclub users that upload their art directly from the app, daily art challenges that are picked at random from the community and competitions with sweet prices (such as amazon and iTunes gift cards). There are rating systems that users can choose to thumb up or down (I've never seen a thumb down, every single person there is beyond nice), and it's all run by the sole dev of the app. Yup, that's right. One person singlehandedly created this genius art app. Your account is tied to your devices, so you never have to worry about people hacking you.

It's a great place for artists to get exposure as there are A LOT of people in that community. If you're lucky enough, the dev might deem your creation worthy enough for a feature! My galactic overlord painting (check out my pl speed drawing thread, link in my signature) even got featured :).

The UI of the app is nice and simple and it has the most essential tools for creating amazing art pieces.

Sorry, I got carried away :p so here's the drawing:

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/SurfingAlien528/f4a4c466.jpg

And the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlVfF2ab-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlVfF2ab-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Stats:

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/SurfingAlien528/d7275f51.jpg

Artentreri
02-08-2012, 11:20 PM
You never cease to amaze me red, your talent is insane.

Garvhoz
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Awesome sauce

RedRyder
02-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys :) I added the statistics to the first post, to show you guys the details of the piece

Artentreri
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
2k strokes in 3 hours.. And it comes out looking that good? Wow dude, hell yeah. You should be doing album art or something.

Roc
02-09-2012, 02:47 PM
This reminds me that I must read the newest chapter of Naruto! :biggrin: Awesome job!!!

TYRANTO
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
wow i am truely amazed

RedRyder
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
This reminds me that I must read the newest chapter of Naruto! :biggrin: Awesome job!!!

It's not as awesome as the last two =T

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Nice job Red! Good to see you being very versatile with your sketches buddy :)

JaytB
02-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Wow! That's absolutely fantastic, I love Naruto :)

Edit: I only wonder why I can't see any of your speed drawing vids on my mobile (iPhone/iPad) :/

saool
02-10-2012, 04:54 AM
I know you don't tend to take requests so think of this as a possible challenge? You should try doing Hollow Ichigo from BLEACH (there's more than one hollow form)...I'm in love with BLEACH lol and well you know anime...Naruto...you get the point falls in the same category as this drawing... :D

Edit: forgot to say...Good Job ;)

RedRyder
02-10-2012, 05:08 AM
I know you don't tend to take requests so think of this as a possible challenge? You should try doing Hollow Ichigo from BLEACH (there's more than one hollow form)...I'm in love with BLEACH lol and well you know anime...Naruto...you get the point falls in the same category as this drawing... :D

You must have some sort of psychic powers, because I was actually working on that Thursday! It'll be accompanied by a speed drawing video too and should be up earlier today (since I can't have two videos/drawings in progress simultaneously; I have to do one before the other) so I can make the weekly PL speed drawing.

Oh, it's the first hollow Ichigo btw. The one he turned into during his vizard training.

saool
02-10-2012, 05:17 AM

You must have some sort of psychic powers, because I was actually working on that Thursday! It'll be accompanied by a speed drawing video too and should be up earlier today (since I can't have two videos/drawings in progress simultaneously; I have to do one before the other) so I can make the weekly PL speed drawing.

Oh, it's the first hollow Ichigo btw. The one he turned into during his vizard training.

Wow!!! Awesome can't wait for this one!!! And I love all of his hollow forms lol

I'm excited! :D

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Now I'm excited! Hollow form ROCKs! I'm sure you will do Ichigo Kurosaki/Tite Kubo proud!

JaytB
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Same here, looking forward to that hollow drawing :D

So, anybody knows why these videos don't play on a mobile?

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Same here, looking forward to that hollow drawing :D

So, anybody knows why these videos don't play on a mobile?

Works on my mobile :p (android)

Does the link not work in OP on Safari browser?

JaytB
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Works on my mobile :p (android)

Does the link not work in OP on Safari browser?

Yay! I managed to open it from within Safari. It has apparently something to do with the tapatalk app.

Thx! :D

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Yay! I managed to open it from within Safari. It has apparently something to do with the tapatalk app.

Thx! :D

Hehe, its a pretty impressive video! Shows how much detail can got into these sketches, especially if we seen Reds 8+ hours sketch vids :O (tho I don't think they were recorded or he would of shared them with us by now :p)

JaytB
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey Red, what software did you use to record your iPad screen?

RedRyder
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Bad news guys :( fell asleep while drawing and it cancelled the recording :/ I'm so upset right now :(
Jaytb, I Only used the sketchclub app. It has a feature to record the process. Details in the first post :)

saool
02-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Bad news guys :( fell asleep while drawing and it cancelled the recording :/ I'm so upset right now :(
Jaytb, I Only used the sketchclub app. It has a feature to record the process. Details in the first post :)

AW! well I know this is a "rushed" video but that doesn't mean you should rush it. ;)

Take your time I'm sure we will all be patient lol
Hope you haven't lost your motivation btw

RedRyder
02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
AW! well I know this is a "rushed" video but that doesn't mean you should rush it. ;)

I kinda did :/ haven't worked on it since. I'll have it up soon.

Kiyoko
02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
ooo i love it! :applause: music brings me back :loyal:

harr har! :highly_amused:

saool
02-11-2012, 11:57 AM

I kinda did :/ haven't worked on it since. I'll have it up soon.

Eek! Go watch some BLEACH lol :)

JaytB
02-11-2012, 12:03 PM

Thanks! Somehow only the drawing caught me eyes, and not the letters around it :D

RedRyder
02-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't blame ya haha, I'll finish the bleach one. I'm thinking of starting over so I can have a video to go along with it.