PDA

View Full Version : hidden grate bug

wvhills
02-09-2012, 10:31 AM
The mobs in hidden grate are respawning and they give gold, loot, and xp. Since it was a bug in AO3 I assume it's a bug here too. :)

Edit: the same situation exists in sarcophagus (sp?) and vyxnaars map.

Suicunebaby
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I think it is supposed to be like that lol

If it was a bug it would be fixed a long time ago lol

wvhills
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
it's the same that was going on in mynas room and with all the shadow spawns. It was like that there forever also until it was discovered to be a bug.

Elyseon
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
The difference is that these maps are not hostable, they can only be accessed by their specific entry place

wvhills
02-09-2012, 11:04 AM
The difference is that these maps are not hostable, they can only be accessed by their specific entry place

What difference does that really make though? You can still get xp, loot, and gold whether you host it or not.

StompArtist
02-09-2012, 11:07 AM
No point in debating if it's a bug or not. Only a dev can tell.

Flip
02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks Robert!

wvhills
02-09-2012, 11:36 AM
wlydwood is also like this as is croc feud. Drew and I think croc feud should be made like a regular map (a set number of mobs and the number remaining goes down as they are killed) because this is an extremely hard map for levels 30-35. Also, since it's not in the main spine and costs plat some would feel cheated if they bought a map and the mobs didn't give xp.

Flip
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM
That's an excellent point regarding the plat purchased maps Robert. I'll make sure to include that in my notes to the design team. Thanks!

Flip
02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
How quickly are you seeing the respawns in Hidden Grate? Are we talking about the grate in Dark Forest?

Darkfader
02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
How quickly are you seeing the respawns in Hidden Grate? Are we talking about the grate in Dark Forest?

Little necro but seems you didn't get answer.
Respawning time is very fast in both hidden paths (dark forest and balefort). In balefort you can with 66 clear map to end, when running back immediately 3/4 is already respawned. Same goes for vyxnaars cave(can't remember exact name).

fuzzylazer
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Shouldn't the hidden passage in fathom's have enemies respawning cuz of Vyxnnar?

Elyseon
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Honestly i dont see what the problem is

Is the problem the fact that u can keep playing with out clearing ur inventory?

Cuz then they should get rid of all drops as when u finish a campaign it lets u just replay it again...

Darkfader
02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Honestly i dont see what the problem is

Is the problem the fact that u can keep playing with out clearing ur inventory?

Cuz then they should get rid of all drops as when u finish a campaign it lets u just replay it again...

Problem is mainly BOTS, what are now more than possible due chrome availability. In those sectors they could with bots, farm unlimited time for items and gold.

Sryyoulose
02-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I didn't know you could bot =O this is the reason why I quit another game it was MMBrpg (Mass-MultiBotting)

Cahaun
02-16-2012, 09:34 PM
wlydwood is also like this as is croc feud. Drew and I think croc feud should be made like a regular map (a set number of mobs and the number remaining goes down as they are killed) because this is an extremely hard map for levels 30-35. Also, since it's not in the main spine and costs plat some would feel cheated if they bought a map and the mobs didn't give xp.
I like them they way they are. Respawning mobs make it seem longer and more explorative. That's what made the original FH so epic.

it's the same that was going on in mynas room and with all the shadow spawns. It was like that there forever also until it was discovered to be a bug.
I am really upset at this since it wasn't a bug. If somebody wanted to farm xp off of the cyber shadows, it would take a looong time. Just remembered that they also lost the ability to drop items. The cyber shadows are now officially useless.

/rant