PDA

View Full Version : Give up the charade of being happy!

morfic
02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
"The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind."
-H. L. Mencken

Why spend each any every trying to force yourself to be happy? Why reinforce your sad and dreary mind with positive thoughts to help keep you afloat? Either you are happy, or you are unhappy. Happiness is not contagious. Being happy only causes other people to act like they are happy. Who are you putting on a show for? The only way to be truly happy and content with your life, is to accept that things are not perfect, see the world for what it is, thrive on it's shortcomings.

Life is bleak. Mankind is ruthless. There is really not much to be happy about. So instead of lying to yourself, revel in the darkness! Throw off your smiles and your fake persona's. Cause some mayhem. Be rude to someone for no reason. Being rude is contagious! Once someone sees how much fun you are having being rude, they will follow suit! Then we can all be rude and giggle our evil hearts out!

Don't let them fool you. Often the most optimistic people in the world, are the ones who have slaves tied up in their basements. If someone tries to shower you with happiness, puke on them! You don't need encouragement and motivation to act happy! Throw away that crutch, and be yourself.

"The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame."
-Oscar Wilde

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
-George Bernard Shaw

"Although it is a gloomy view to suppose that life will die out, sometimes when I contemplate the things that people do with their lives I think it is almost a consolation."
-Bertrand Russell

"Life is tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
-William Shakespeare

(Life is full of opposites. For every Ying there is a Yang. There must be balance. I am that balance)

Artentreri
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
It's never good being at either extreme. Example, I saw some kid that I've known for a while at walmart a couple days ago. I went up to say hey, and he instantly starts sayin how he was gonna beat me up next time he saw me blah blah blah, so all I did was tell him why wait? I'm standing right here, be a man. So, he turned and left. It's always fun to let off some steam, and personally I love to fight, but then again I like to help people. Now, I could've chased him down, done whatever, but I figured why do it? He just wanted to impress his mongaloid lookin girlfriend, so after he decided not to fight, I figured it was over. After that I helped an old lady carry her groceries. So I mean yeah, conflict is fun, but so is the other extreme.
Edit: crap, I looked at this and I hope you didn't take it as me telling you what to do. I figure you understand I'm just talkin, but I just wanted to make sure.

morfic
02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
After that I helped an old lady carry her groceries.

That deserves some sort of boy scout award I think!

You "Come at me bro!"'d some random guy, then proceeded to help an old lady. Hardcore. ;)

Artentreri
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Nah, I just stood up for myself. I ain't lettin that weird cave man lookin dude punk me out.

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Aww, it looks like someone needs a hug! Do ya, buddy? Here, I'll give you a big ole bear hug! *HUGZ* YAY! All better now?

morfic
02-09-2012, 06:19 PM
*Snuggles Deathpunch*

SssoulSsshine
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
What a giant Catch-22...if Morfic is happy being unhappy, and I wish him the best of luck in being the most miserable little troll in the world, then that would make him happy, which would in turn would make him even more miserable, which would make even happier...and so on and so on...and if I wish him to be happy, that would make him miserable, which, well, you get the idea...
So, I guess I'll just wish him all the joy and happiness he deserves...and more misery and negativity than he can stand.
Ooops. Too late.

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 06:29 PM
What a giant Catch-22...if Morfic is happy being unhappy, and I wish him the best of luck in being the most miserable little troll in the world, then that would make him happy, which would in turn would make him even more miserable, which would make even happier...and so on and so on...and if I wish him to be happy, that would make him miserable, which, well, you get the idea...
So, I guess I'll just wish him all the joy and happiness he deserves...and more misery and negativity than he can stand.
Ooops. Too late.

That made my brain sad. I need a hug.

KillaIngs
02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
That made my brain sad. I need a hug.

*huggies*

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
*huggies*

Yay! Smells better than my last hug. :-D

morfic
02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Ooops. Too late.

ahahah. Awesome post <3

LelouchX
02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
hey morfic, how about u stfu and troll the forums of a game you actually play instead of making new threads to talk down about one of my friends

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
hey morfic, how about u stfu and troll the forums of a game you actually play instead of making new threads to talk down about one of my friends

Seems I'm to be doling out more hugs today. *HUGZ* Carry on. Oh yeah, bout forgot... *HUGZ BEARD* Don't need that thing mad at me. Might come clog my drains or drop loose hairs in my dinner.

morfic
02-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Lol, temper temper.

EDIT: I almost wanted to say that I didn't appreciate you bringing negativity to my negativity thread, but then I realized you were just doing exactly what I asked. So Thank you Lelouch <3

Plus, I didn't talk down about any of your friends, or anyone for that matter ;)

Jugernugett
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Morfic not to be mean but, what kind of thread is this? U don't want people to be worrying about you, that sucks. Like If u told ur best friend u could die. NO. No one would do that. U just troll along but I'll never come into this thread ever again! -100!

morfic
02-09-2012, 06:55 PM
This is nothing more than a negativity thread brother! Some people like to be positive, some like to be negative.

Oh and I just gave myself +200 to negate your -100 and give me an additional 100. <3

Jugernugett
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I CAME BACK IN TO SEE WHAT U GOTTA SAY AND I HAVE TO SAY- wait...
/endrant

morfic
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Ahaha <3 Almost got you -_-

KillaIngs
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM

*mush mush love bug*

StompArtist
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hatred leads to power.
Power leads to victory.
Let your anger flow through you.
Your hate will make you strong.
True power is only achieved through testing the limits of one's anger, passing through unscathed.
Rage channeled through anger is unstoppable.
The dark side of the Force offers unimaginable power.
The dark side is stronger than the light.
The weak deserve their fate.

morfic
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
You just brought a tear to my eye. ;_;

SssoulSsshine
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM
*Snuggles Deathpunch*

FAIL. BAD MORFIC! How will you ever succeed in becoming the most miserablest little troll ever if you go around snuggling folks when they are down?

morfic
02-09-2012, 07:27 PM
:(!

*whimpers and scampers off*

MightyMicah
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
This is awful! I hope this thread ain't legit...I mean yeah that's a great worldview...It was probably similar to Hitler's...

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
This is awful! I hope this thread ain't legit...I mean yeah that's a great worldview...It was probably similar to Hitler's...

Its 2legit2quit.

MightyMicah
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
-_-.....Gosh This thread is so logically failed. I mean no offense just. Assumption after assumption presented as fact! How do you know people aren't truly happy? Who made up the crap about positive people having slaves? Since when did negativity help anyone? That is Bull. Bullony XD

morfic
02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
step to the rhythm of a sho-nuff winner (winner) i been
here before (yo!) i ain't no beginner (word) but i been new
tried and true survival of the fittest yo!..it brought me through
my crew (talk) we're ready to strike trained for the mission
so believe the hype and sweat it (sweat it) cause you're gonna
regret it the day that you dissed us you'll wish you never met us
you remind me of a real short story one hit record and you
star to bore me get ready cause this is it your crew is
through and we too legit to quit...sang!...

Cahaun
02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Morfic's back! :")

Fao
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Welcome back Morfic! *Slowly walks back, then starts to sprint away* RUN!!!!

Artentreri
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Morfic! Is that you in your sig?

Paar
02-09-2012, 08:23 PM
This thread made me sad ): I like happy(:

Artentreri
02-09-2012, 08:26 PM
This thread made me sad ): I like happy(:

Paar, the point is that you're supposed to be happy when you're sad. :p Just jokin morfic.

LelouchX
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
hey morfic, how about u stfu and troll the forums of a game you actually play instead of making new threads to talk down about one of my friendsLol, temper temper.

EDIT: I almost wanted to say that I didn't appreciate you bringing negativity to my negativity thread, but then I realized you were just doing exactly what I asked. So Thank you Lelouch <3

Plus, I didn't talk down about any of your friends, or anyone for that matter ;)

don't confuse my my post for negativity, if anything, it was positive. how could defending a friend be negative?

if you would like to think that making a mockery of inspirational quote threads that one of my friends/family puts up here every day by posting a negativity thread...... whatever, i'm gonna stop that thought right there, it's not fair of me to get into a battle of whits with an unarmed person..... goodbye, enjoy ur time here, pop back in to troll in a few weeks or else these forums may get boring.

Seems I'm to be doling out more hugs today. *HUGZ* Carry on. Oh yeah, bout forgot... *HUGZ BEARD* Don't need that thing mad at me. Might come clog my drains or drop loose hairs in my dinner.
This crazy delicious beard (also a hobo beard since i need to trim it BAD) has grown a mind of it's own. As long as you complement it, it is happy. you don't want this thing coming after you

StompArtist
02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I think there is enough room for positive forward looking threads and negative threads without getting in a fight. Myself, I enjoy both and I am glad I found a place to post a Star Wars Sith reference without crashing into the positive thread ;)

morfic
02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
it's not fair of me to get into a battle of whits with an unarmed person.....

Aww I expected better from you newt. Alas, your feeble attempts at insults are always sub-par.

*Trumpet* White Knight to the rescue! Happiness rejoice!

EDIT: Ninja-Stomp hits a home run.

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Have you guys seen my Cheetos?

StompArtist
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Have you guys seen my Cheetos?

Which one was yours again?

Deathpunch
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Mmm... Cheetos! Yay!

LelouchX
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Aww I expected better from you newt. Alas, your feeble attempts at insults are always sub-par.

my thoughts exactly. u must not be trolling WoM forums, seems you've gotten a bit rusty over the past few weeks. i expected more from u than this, I'm disappointed. however, I guess I have to thank you. it's been a while since I posted 3 times on these boards in one day. looks like at the very least u still (barely) peak my interest. let's do this again sometime; after u have had some more practice that is

Artentreri
02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Really dude?

BodMaster
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Think his point is pretty legit, no point putting on a happy face for someone, be true to yourself and thats all that matters (unless you have your own family to take care of.... then I guess you gotta :p)

If your a happy go lucky person then be the happiest person ever.

If your a dread in your own sorrow kind if guy, and happy not to make a change, then be as dreaded as you possibly can be.

The content feeling isn't the best state to be in, as its mostly a false security, as when you are content with something your senses turn dense and more venerable than ever.