PDA

View Full Version : my take on pvp

LegendaryLeo
06-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Honor pvp is a step in the right direction for fair play pvp, but after a while still becomes stale as theres no original play etc.

If sts can somehow revamp pvp, making awakes useful, potent but not too overpowering, as well as looking into the facet of the damage department and armor etc, Maybe pvp with awakes and pets can be possible.

Or the best thing i can think of is, to really focus on and ameliorate financial issues of players, provide platforms to farm gold, tips on what gears to get in focusing on pvp and providing these tips relevant to players would mean the only excuse possible will be financial constraints and awakes....

so, simple solution, make honor gears competitive with all that great gears that people have. In a sense, if a newbie joins with full honor gear against a full lets say arcane geared player, the newbie still enjoys rightful position and relevance in the domain of pvp, where awakening gems and awakes become more of an added bonus which obviously benefits the user, but if tweaked correctly, will be playable.

That to me, is the perfect pvp. :D
perhaps we can use honor pvp as a testing ground to tweak and allow all players to remain relevant in pvp regardless of gear. :) Thatll be super cool. Same old vibes from old pvp, only difference? fairness for all
where everyone has a chance and there is still an element of fairness. Some can afford certain types of gears, not honor gears sometimes not the better gears, but no matter what, somehow in pvp, make it as such that everyone stays relevant and that the difference between 'op' and honor geared etc or normal geared players is commendable but not overpowering, and that theres a way for them to be competitive and still pvp fairly!

as with all other pvp in other games, if they can do it, im sure AL does it better, i mean cmon, we got a great team of devs working unseen here ;)

THE GOLDEN KING
06-10-2020, 09:49 PM
In my opinion, from what I can see. Each class can choose from 2 weapons, each class gets their own set of a helmet and armor. To mention the belt/ring/amulet/artifact are all universal and to top it all off, pets are disabled and to do you one better, the items don’t have awakening slots.

This is already eye catching as it is. To make you look and read it twice. This is absolutely perfect(in my view) and fair for all players, rich or not.

Let’s test it first, before making plans to prefect it.

Although, I do see pets getting implemented in the final “product”, I’m just hoping slots are disabled.

If they do end up bringing that awful(My apologies STS) awakening system to Honor PvP, they should atleast modify it, to max slots an item can have is 1 or 2, with not overpowering awakes, like 3% all stats or 5% armor. 1-2% stat bonus should be max.

Again this only my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LegendaryLeo
06-10-2020, 10:12 PM
In my opinion, from what I can see. Each class can choose from 2 weapons, each class gets their own set of a helmet and armor. To mention the belt/ring/amulet/artifact are all universal and to top it all off, pets are disabled and to do you one better, the items don’t have awakening slots.

This is already eye catching as it is. To make you look and read it twice. This is absolutely perfect(in my view) and fair for all players, rich or not.

Although, I do see pets getting implemented in the final “product”, I’m just hoping slots are disabled.

If they do end up bringing that awful(My apologies STS) awakening system to Honor PvP, they should atleast modify it, to max slots an item can have is 1 or 2, with not overpowering awakes, like 3% all stats or 5% armor. 1-2% stat bonus should be max.

agreed. i was hoping for a blend of both because i would want a variety in pvp instead. HAHA

LegendaryLeo
06-10-2020, 10:16 PM

my suggestion would be for awakes to still remain, however, the tweaking in the flattening of the plateauing stat curve would be the ideal imo.
What im saying is, for every gear/class ur stats would be tweaked to remain relevant in pvp. This to me allows players to enjoy pvp in a whole scope of different procs etc rather than limit themselves to certain weapons.

Bluehazee
06-11-2020, 04:55 AM
People have been saying for years that pvp is dead because awakening system.
People have been suggesting for years a pvp mode with awakens disabled, where only skill matters (and ping).
StS announce this mode, but when is not even released as beta, people ask for awakenings on gear.
Humans are amazing

LegendaryLeo
06-11-2020, 04:57 AM
People have been saying for years that pvp is dead because awakening system.
People have been suggesting for years a pvp mode with awakens disabled, where only skill matters (and ping).
StS announce this mode, but when is not even released as beta, people ask for awakenings on gear.
Humans are amazing

STS can level the playing field by modifying stats as and when they want, similar to giving out a specific honor set. Point is if they can change pvp without disrupting pet use, and allowing for the already varied armor/gears to come into play, then thats cool, otherwise itll be static even if its just 'skill'.