PDA

View Full Version : A Guide to Hunting Down Developers

Ihavenokills
02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Ever wanted those awesome vanities that people have been walking around in but can't seem to find a dev online to wave at them? How about a quick guide to help ya out :]

__________________________________________________ ____

How to tell its a dev - They will have a red username, simple as that.

The time zone - *under construction* If you already know their office hours devs, of course, will more than likely not be online in-game between 12midnight - 7am as this is past their bed time :P

What to look for - Whenever you log on it wouldn't hurt to do a quick scan of the towns. The main thing you look for is towns with a population of 21+ (This is not always the case!) because once a dev is spotted, people will quickly tell friends then crowd the world making the population go up quickly. Max town population is 25 i believe. The place they like to randomly show up at the most is Blackstar. If you see a town with 21+ people just try and get into it and instead of looking around, save some time and type "/w" into the chat box. This will pull up a list of players in the current zone your in. If you can't join because the zone is too full, just keep trying. eventually you'll snipe a spot.

Predicted times devs appear in-game - Right after a patch or a fairly large update there is almost ALWAYS a dev appearance somewhere; checking up on things or making sure the patch worked. After big game updates like new level caps or new items, they usually hang out and check out how people are enjoying things so keep an eye out after that update bar appears.

Okay I found a dev, now what? - Use the 'wave' emote when around the dev to get a hold of that vanity you've always wanted. After getting your vanity, stick around for a bit and hang out. Sometimes they'll give out useful information on upcoming updates or things in the making. They can't answer everything being said into the chat so if you ask something, just be patient. Also, tap the dev to pull up their stats. More than likely their damage will be 1,000-3,000 and dps in the 5,000 so asking them to pvp is asking for a death wish lol.

Adding a dev as a friend - This is the easiest way to hunt down a dev since you'll know when one is online. A lot of the devs don't always accept friend requests because they get so many of them a day. But it's always worth a try. Another reason why most of them don't except is:

People often ask me why I won't accept their in-game friend requests. This is because if I friend people they are able to immediately join whichever Towne/Base I happen to be in. This means I would see the same people very often, making it much more difficult for others to get a fair chance at a dev vanity. It's nothing personal! =)

Things that can be acquired from a dev - I have personally seen green antennae be given out by devs. Silver antennae from the original chrome event can also be given out. I have heard that they do give out jetpacks as well on some rare occasions but i haven't seen any yet.

Goodluck on hunting down those devs :) and remember, their pitchforks and torchs are bigger and better than yours!

Extra
- For a list of vanities, Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32538-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures). (It's not completely up-to-date though)
- For another excellent guide made by LwMark to hunting down those sneaky devs, Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?48463-LwMark-s-Guide-All-About-Collecting-Dev-Unique-Vanities-!).

MYNISTA
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
They also give out silver antennae (I know Flip does sometimes), sometimes you can get both with one wave.

Mitchturbo
02-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Awesome Guide Ihavenokills :-)
Thanks!

Ihavenokills
02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
They also give out silver antennae (I know Flip does sometimes), sometimes you can get both with one wave.

the one from the original first chrome event?

MYNISTA
02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
the one from the original first chrome event?

Yup!

Flip
02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Haha, nice guide! People often ask me why I won't accept their in-game friend requests. This is because if I friend people they are able to immediately join whichever Towne/Base I happen to be in. This means I would see the same people very often, making it much more difficult for others to get a fair chance at a dev vanity. It's nothing personal! =)

Aculeas
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
You can also use the /t command to try and send a message to a dev to check and see if they are online.

Ihavenokills
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Yup!

alright added! thanks bud!

Haha, nice guide! People often ask me why I won't accept their in-game friend requests. This is because if I friend people they are able to immediately join whichever Towne/Base I happen to be in. This means I would see the same people very often, making it much more difficult for others to get a fair chance at a dev vanity. It's nothing personal! =)

thanks flip! added this quote to the guide to clear up some confusion with that.

masterinfinit
08-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Devs are so hard to find. I tried everyday and couldn't find them.....I really wanted those color changing antennas....

Ihavenokills
08-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Devs are so hard to find. I tried everyday and couldn't find them.....I really wanted those color changing antennas....

the past few months or so it's been EXTREMELY difficult to track down a dev. i've seen delphina and airrie more often as ever, but i havn't seen a red name in a long while now.

bmendonc
04-20-2013, 06:04 PM
ur forgetting delphia with the green tag and green antennae

Crazyhealer
04-22-2013, 08:18 AM
how about green names?(like Delphine)

Crazyhealer
04-22-2013, 08:20 AM
by the way, can you make a list of devs for us?:)

Dragoonclaws
01-20-2014, 08:30 PM
how about green names?(like Delphine)

I think these are player moderators

Warlord0520
02-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Ever wanted those awesome vanities that people have been walking around in but can't seem to find a dev online to wave at them? How about a quick guide to help ya out :]

__________________________________________________ ____

How to tell its a dev - They will have a red username, simple as that.

The time zone - *under construction* If you already know their office hours devs, of course, will more than likely not be online in-game between 12midnight - 7am as this is past their bed time :P

What to look for - Whenever you log on it wouldn't hurt to do a quick scan of the towns. The main thing you look for is towns with a population of 21+ (This is not always the case!) because once a dev is spotted, people will quickly tell friends then crowd the world making the population go up quickly. Max town population is 25 i believe. The place they like to randomly show up at the most is Blackstar. If you see a town with 21+ people just try and get into it and instead of looking around, save some time and type "/w" into the chat box. This will pull up a list of players in the current zone your in. If you can't join because the zone is too full, just keep trying. eventually you'll snipe a spot.

Predicted times devs appear in-game - Right after a patch or a fairly large update there is almost ALWAYS a dev appearance somewhere; checking up on things or making sure the patch worked. After big game updates like new level caps or new items, they usually hang out and check out how people are enjoying things so keep an eye out after that update bar appears.

Okay I found a dev, now what? - Use the 'wave' emote when around the dev to get a hold of that vanity you've always wanted. After getting your vanity, stick around for a bit and hang out. Sometimes they'll give out useful information on upcoming updates or things in the making. They can't answer everything being said into the chat so if you ask something, just be patient. Also, tap the dev to pull up their stats. More than likely their damage will be 1,000-3,000 and dps in the 5,000 so asking them to pvp is asking for a death wish lol.

Adding a dev as a friend - This is the easiest way to hunt down a dev since you'll know when one is online. A lot of the devs don't always accept friend requests because they get so many of them a day. But it's always worth a try. Another reason why most of them don't except is:

Things that can be acquired from a dev - I have personally seen green antennae be given out by devs. Silver antennae from the original chrome event can also be given out. I have heard that they do give out jetpacks as well on some rare occasions but i haven't seen any yet.

Goodluck on hunting down those devs :) and remember, their pitchforks and torchs are bigger and better than yours!

Extra
- For a list of vanities, Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32538-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures). (It's not completely up-to-date though)
- For another excellent guide made by LwMark to hunting down those sneaky devs, Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?48463-LwMark-s-Guide-All-About-Collecting-Dev-Unique-Vanities-!).

Or you can log onto arcane legends or the games they care about the most and you probably will see a few of them every day lol

Ihavenokills
03-14-2014, 11:29 AM
I think these are player moderators

If I'm not mistaken, they're moderators employed by STS but are not part of the development team.

Dragoonclaws
03-17-2014, 09:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they're moderators employed by STS but are not part of the development team.

Called "Super Moderator"

Delphina is a Super moderator

Arpluvial
11-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. :) Please refrain from necro posting in the future.