PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to Survive your First Week of Pocket Legends!

RBeltran
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
So you've finally caught on to the online sensation that is Pocket Legends! You head to the app store and you install and you are fired up and ready to go! You've used the sticky posts that are located at the top of this forum and finally settled on a class. You are finally finished naming and creating your character and you hit the log in button. Confusion sets in. You are lost. No clue what to do.....

The first week of PL can be really rough for the uninitiated. I thought back to my first week of PL and came up with a few tips to help you survive. Not only in the game, but in your will to play.

1. Take your time and read everything! This is crucial to understanding what you need to do and where you need to go to do it.

2. If you don't understand something, do not be afraid to ask!

3. Do not be discouraged if you ask a question and someone calls you a name/gives you bad information/or in some other way belittles you. They were all new once too, and bullying new players on the internet is the way they strike back at the kids that bully them in school.

4. Don't feed the trolls! Sometimes the community is populated by people who intentionally attempt to start arguments about things by giving false information that is easily identifiable as false information. Resist the urge to correct them.

5. Don't be discouraged by death! It isn't permanent in this world. If a quest is too hard, go do a few other ones to level up and come back and attempt it later.

6. DO try to cultivate a few friends! Some of my best friends in this game I met while questing and leveling up my first toon. One of the best ways to get a leg up in finding new friends is to try to find a mature, social, leveling guild!

7. DO get familiar with all of the abbreviations and acronyms that are used in this game. If you don't know, ask!

8. DO experiment with the different classes to find the one you really like!

9. Most importantly .....DO take regular breaks from the game. It is easy to become either highly addicted, or very burned out if you have marathon gaming sessions every day. When you find yourself becoming intensely frustrated, walk away from the game and go do some stuff in real life. It goes a long way towards restoring your want to play.

10. Become familiar with the ToS (Terms of Service). This is the be all and end all of what you can and cannot do in PL. Violating the ToS is the fastest way to get yourself banned and lose all of the time and money you have invested in your character!

11. Don't rush to the level cap. Alterra is an amazing world with many things to experience! Make sure you see it all while you are fresh into the world and not jaded by end game content!

12. Be respectful and grateful. That gets you friends and people that will help you. It also helps make a good image for yourself with other players.

Check out this link for much more tips! ------> http://plguide.info/#home

I will update this little guide as new things become apparent to me. Please input any other suggestions you have! Hope this helps SOMEONE out there!

MightyMicah
02-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Great thread! I love it! Something very much so needed. :)

Urqui
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Alot of these should be on the tips they show ingame:)

Wretch
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Can't agree with #11 and 12 more!!!!!!

Closely followed by #10 of course!

When I first started... Month out from being a founder(not that it matters) I was lost, always found me by myself in a game... Then one day I accidentally found my way to forest haven.... No idea how to chat to people... So I went back to solo games for awhile... Quit because I was lost...6-8 months later I decided to give it another try... Now I am hooked!

To those that read all of this and look at my forum join date.... To me I have said wonders!

Also in my own opinion I think that the AOA is a great and wonderful idea! If there was only 1 person back then that recognized my silence when I was new to try to help me out......

Nuff said! Godspeed and goodnight!

Dudjdj
02-10-2012, 12:17 AM
U could add all of the acronyms but i beliee their is a forum about that

Sryyoulose
02-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Not bad... Just remember Lots of annoying people play!

bramer
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Great guide... just wish I'd seen it earlier!

Yich
06-13-2012, 12:36 AM
STAY away from low level PVP. Me and everyone I know in it will make you want to quit the game. If you come to low level PVP in your first week, you will not get a kill. There is your warning.

Entertaining
06-13-2012, 12:53 AM
STAY away from low level PVP. Me and everyone I know in it will make you want to quit the game. If you come to low level PVP in your first week, you will not get a kill. There is your warning.

I second that motion. ;)