PDA

View Full Version : Loot Vs Stats.

Arjun
04-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Regarding not being able to equip loot because I have distributed my attribute points more evenly. (Couldn’t manage a link to my screen-shots. Mebbe next time).

Archer; Level 19.
STR: 36 / DEX: 48 / INT: 21

Hit%: 93; Crit: 10; Dodge: 3; Health: 268; Regen: 1; Mana: 260; Regen: 3; Damage: 36-44; DPS: 21; Armor: 26. As Presently Equipped.

Now, some if not most of us, are new to the whole MMORPG thing. I had one of the more experienced players tell me that Balanced characters are not the way to go to begin with.

However, and I can quote the Dev’s on this; all stats affect your characters ultimate attributes. It was in the first patch. If not the second.

2010-04-09 Content Update (45589)
-Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge (Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen). End Quote.

Speaking of which, another thing that comes to mind real quick, is the spectrum of people presently involved with the game. I believe that all the warnings about maintaining a level of decorum in character names, chat, and in game, is because younger children are present within the game community. Unlike in other MMORPG’s, where that may not be the case.

Having said that, why is the Math so complicated. Thats almost as bad as having characters with rude implications in their name running around raising hell, as far as I’m concerned. Personally, I hated Math as a kid. And I can still do without it as far as I’m concerned. The only problem is. I can’t seem to be able to equip all this quality stuff that I have been looting and raiding in the dungeons of the olde forest.

For Example: Having looted a spiffy Ursan Emerald Gem Blade, and held on to it all these many years, at level 19 with a STR rating of 36, I still cant use this Level 14 weapon. Not even for a single sweet fatal yet glorious blow.

Leaving aside the fact that it is clearly for the warrior class (besides, I’ve seen plenty of warriors running with a bow), the reason I can’t seem to equip it as of yet, is because it requires a Str. rating of 43. That’s it.

My whole contention is, that it should instead require something like Str. 30; Dex: 17; Int: 12. A more balanced approach.

On the other extreme of it; we have a wonderful Level 19. Platinum Bow, to go with our Level 19 archer who’s Dex is middling at around 47. (Int is way up there at 21; and STR at 36. Comparable to many mid-level warriors and mages out there might I add). Therefore the Bow cannot be equipped as it requires the Archer to be at Dex. 61.

Oh-well.*Mebbe at level 25 I guess.

And then there’s this wonderful device. Which I just spotted on the itunes storefront. A Battle Crossbow. With Flames even. Choke-Sniff. I Want One cause it’s pretty. And it goes with my smoking ice jacket/cloak.

Now I’m no scrooge. $0.99 is alright with me. But it’s a level 15 Wep. And I’m on 19. Do I really wanna purchase something that’s already obsolete to my character. Level-wise if not indicated spec. Hmmm. Tough call. One I’m unwilling to make.

Because of all the math involved.

So can we please see a more balanced requirement for equipping loot. And Yes. I’d like some fries with my Crossbow - thank you very much.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Firstly, comparing rude words being as bad as math... shows you really have some issues with maths... Come on, surely you can do addition and subtraction...

Secondly, Honestly speaking, you need to learn how to play games.
See, items are made for certain classes. Bows, for example, are made for avians. Avians main stats are dex. So bows will Always have a dex requirement.
You will never find a bow requiring str, or int. Because Bows are not meant for warriors or enchantresses.
The reason WHY you saw a warrior running around with a bow, is because he chose to add dex instead of strength.

I mean, it is really simple. the Ursan Emerald Gem Blade, with 36 strength requirement, is meant for warriors who have pumped strength. It is not for archers, who added dex. Heck, by your own admission, you are an archer, why are you wielding a sword anyway.

And for the Platinum bow, is meant for people who have added dex. Heck, even if you distributed your stats with 3 into dex, 2 into str/int as you see fit, you could still equip that bow at lvl 19. But no, you neglected your primary stat and now you dont have enough to use your weapons.

Yes. All stats affect your characters ultimate attributes. You now have an Archer with slight more health and mana, but cannot weild bows properly. This is your character. Enjoy.

oh and complaining about a lvl 15 bow when you're lvl 19 is silly. Maybe you should have thought about buying it when... say... you were level 15? That makes more sense, dont you say?

Arjun
04-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Bow was'nt available when I was at lvl 15. Came3 on the market yesterday. Otherwise I would of.

Yeah. I do have a problem with math. It's called Dyscalculia.

Thats - D-Y-S-C-A-L-C-U-L-I-A.

However, and I can quote the Dev’s on this; all stats affect your characters ultimate attributes. It was in the first patch. If not the second.

-Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge (Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen). End Quote.

Clearly have no problem comprehending basic English however. Ahem. Chough.. chough. Know wht I mean...? Nudge nudge. .. wink. . wink. Know what I mean.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 01:43 AM

In case you missed that bit.

Again.

Banned
04-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Is that an actual condition?

Arjun
04-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Yep. Sad but true.

Banned
04-18-2010, 02:10 AM
What type affect does it have on you? Do you just have trouble with calculating the numbers or do you see them strangely?

Arjun
04-18-2010, 02:14 AM
Haha... just always get it wrong man. Just always get it wrong. Like with some people and spellings. Yeah I guess there's a little bit of a learning disability in there. But you know how it is. If you keep getting smthing wrong. At the end of the day. You just don't even wanna try anymore. . .

Splurd
04-18-2010, 04:13 AM
I have dyslexia. However that never stopped me from improving my english. My spelling still sucks but I compensate by using spell checkers. But that is beside the point. Maybe your condition affects you more then mine does me, but in anycase, you cannot blame the game for it.

Thanks for quoting devs. But what is your point behind it? Yep its true. Stats affect your character. int improves mana pool and regen. Dex improves hit%. But that has nothing to do with the fact you still need 61 dex for your bow..
Stats improve your character, but you still need to add stats in order to equip your bow.

Besides, if you're no scrooge, just spend 0.99 on a respec and add your stats such that you can equip the bow.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Balance is exactly the word I'm working with.

As Posted elsewhere. Just thought I’d add the same here for clarity.

AJP Level 20 - Archer.
Kills 3670
Deaths: 63

STR: 38
DEX: 51
INT: 21

Hit%: 94; Crit: 11; Dodge: 4; Health: 269; Regen: 1; Mana: 260; Regen: 3; Damage: 36-44; DPS:21; Armor: 26.

And My reason for quoting the devs on the following.
Brief comparison with a Level 28 Mage from a separate discussion thread.

- - - - : Level 28 / AJP: Level 20
Kills: 2654 / Kills: 3670
Deaths: 121 / Deaths: 63

STR: 1 / STR: 38
DEX: 20 / DEX: 51
INT: 130 / INT: 21

Hit%: 97 / Hit%: 94
Crit: 12 / Crit: 11
Dodge: 1 / Dodge: 4
Health: 200 // Health: 269
Regen: 0 / Regen: 1
Mana: 365 / mana: 260
Regen: 4 / Regen: 3
Damage: 56-66 // Damage: 36-44
DPS: 23 / DPS: 21
Armor: 43 / Armor: 26

Character AJP is 8 levels below. And As Presently Equipped. Lvl. 10 Armor and a Lvl. 15 Bow at best. Not sure at the moment. Will check back with that.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Wondering if the Dev's will miss this because of the difference in the time zone it was posted in. Discussed today. But cashed out post 7 am US time. Sure hope not. Cause would really appreciate some more constructive input on the above.

Shebee
04-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Can you make a post actually telling us what you want?
If I understood it right, you whine that you can't use a bow because you have spend your attributes wrong?
Why is that our problem?

Arjun
04-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Ummm. I dunno. I guess your right. Is not an issue you wanna disturb yourself with.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 07:14 AM
But seeing as your curiosity is aroused. Re-quoting. For the convenience of Shebee above (who cld of read this on the previous page I might add).

As Posted elsewhere. Just thought I’d add the same here for clarity.

AJP Level 20 - Archer.
Kills 3670
Deaths: 63

STR: 38
DEX: 51
INT: 21

Hit%: 94; Crit: 11; Dodge: 4; Health: 269; Regen: 1; Mana: 260; Regen: 3; Damage: 36-44; DPS:21; Armor: 26.

And My reason for quoting the devs on the following.
Brief comparison with a Level 28 Mage from a separate discussion thread.

- - - - : Level 28 / AJP: Level 20
Kills: 2654 / Kills: 3670
Deaths: 121 / Deaths: 63

STR: 1 / STR: 38
DEX: 20 / DEX: 51
INT: 130 / INT: 21

Hit%: 97 / Hit%: 94
Crit: 12 / Crit: 11
Dodge: 1 / Dodge: 4
Health: 200 // Health: 269
Regen: 0 / Regen: 1
Mana: 365 / mana: 260
Regen: 4 / Regen: 3
Damage: 56-66 // Damage: 36-44
DPS: 23 / DPS: 21
Armor: 43 / Armor: 26

Character AJP is 8 levels below. And As Presently Equipped. Lvl. 10 Armor and a Lvl. 15 Bow at best. Not sure at the moment. Will check back with that.

Arjun
04-18-2010, 07:24 AM
p.s. Shebee. I hope this 'us' your referring to is not multiple accounts created simply to post critical comments that divert from the core subject being discussed in a given thread. Cause that would quite simply amount to nothing but a waste of your own time.

Having said that. You are most definitely entitled to your opinion. However, if it isn't in the least constructive. I don't see the point in voicing it. Augmented to the fact that you don't seem to have a Dev or Admin account. This was not addressed to you to begin with. Ergo. Of no concern. So to speak.

Once again. Constructive input would have been appreciated. But people aren't being constructive when 'they' use word's such as 'whine' and/or 'ridicule' (as separately voiced by someone else 'we' know). Also, I think most of us are old and wise enough to know that opinions are like eyes, fingers, arms, and legs; and yes even a pair of wings. . . in that we all have got some.

Which is why. . . .

Shebee
04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
p.s. Shebee. I hope this 'us' your referring to is not multiple accounts created simply to post critical comments that divert from the core subject being discussed in a given thread. Cause that would quite simply amount to nothing but a waste of your own time.

Having said that. You are most definitely entitled to your opinion. However, if it isn't in the least constructive. I don't see the point in voicing it. Augmented to the fact that you don't seem to have a Dev or Admin account. This was not addressed to you to begin with. Ergo. Of no concern. So to speak.

Once again. Constructive input would have been appreciated. But people aren't being constructive when 'they' use word's such as 'whine' and/or 'ridicule' (as separately voiced by someone else 'we' know). Also, I think most of us are old and wise enough to know that opinions are like eyes, fingers, arms, and legs; and yes even a pair of wings. . . in that we all have got some.

Which is why. . . .
Maybe you should put your dictionary aside and stop searching for fancy words that you don't know what they mean.
Can you please tell me, what AJP's problem is?
If he spends his attributes that way, it's obvious he isn't able to equip items of his level...

Arjun
04-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey. Shebee. Good point. Your right of course. When the Dev's address the issue, balanced stats and unbalanced Loot Equip. . . .I won't have to re-spec. And they might even give all three of you a free one. Call it a gift. You know. Tht sort of thing.

Thanks for the input. Brilliant as it was. Key to the Conundrum.

well done. . . .

Maybe you should put your dictionary aside and stop searching for fancy words that you don't know what they mean.

p.s. I presume you might be referring to this thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?548-Archer-Skills&highlight=splurd

where you. . sorry this ‘other’ user and I were talking about something not related to this particular post?

or would it be this one - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?555-The-Thread-o-the-Future-By-the-Legends-Guild

No I guess it is the first one. Dictionary. Right?

Laska
04-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Not tryna be rude or anything and I read all your post but maybe you should lik add 3 dex and spread the remaing 2 points to and int and str. That way you will be able to equip the items that. Require alot of dex and still be able to keep you character somewhat balanced. Most mmos do hav that one stat that u need to raise more over the others tho.jus my opinion if u wanted to keep your character a little balanced and be able to equip your loot. I think that's wat they meant by keeping you character balanced. Hope that helped a little.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Arjun, just to let you know, I dont have multiple forum accounts. Just in case, since you seem to be talking about that subject. Seriously, its comical if you think I am multi accounting, simply because someone else disagrees with you.
Secondly, I dont troll across threads. Whatever argument I have with you in a thread stays in it, I'm not petty to hold grudges and attack someone in another thread.

The fact that someone else holds the same opinion that I do, is simply because we both arrived at the same conclusion that we dont know what is your problem. What are you trying to ask? or suggest?

It is not an issue. There is nothing wrong with equipments and their stat requirements. The issue is that you added stats incorrectly for your character, and are now unhappy about it. But yet do not want to re-spec your character, and want the Dev's to solve this... "issue". Pray tell, what is the issue here?

-Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge (Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen).
Your archer has more strength then your mage. Thus, he has more health, and health regen.
Your Mage has more int then your archer. Thus she has more mana and mana regen.

This is what the dev's are refering to.

the "Key to the Conundrum" as you call it, is simply the fact that you are not used to playing RPG games and the whole notion of how certain classes must add to their primary stat is lost on you. My best and only advice is either re-spec your character, or simply start a new one and add at least 3 dex per level. (as Laska suggested)