PDA

View Full Version : Medals and Titles - What do you think?

Windwolve
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey guys,

I know this idea has been proposed before, but, due to the small amount of views, I have decided to suggest it here and expand the examples and possibilities. Let me start with an introduction.

Introduction
Pocket Legends and Star Legends are great games. Abolutely amazing. And I'm sure Dark Legends will be as well. However, I do feel there is a neglected system: titles. It's amazing to reach 10,000 kills on a character and receive the title 'Archmage', but what is the purpose? Only those with awesome stats gain something: participation in the leaderboards. If this idea were to be more enhanced, I am sure there would be numerous possibilities in the genre of titles and medals.

The Idea
Well, let's get straight to the point. The idea is that players - both the noobs and the elite - are able to perform certain actions that reward them a title and a corresponding medal. These could be as easy as 'Kill 10 PvE enemies' or as hard as 'Solo The Vampire Feast in 15 minutes'. Once one of these actions is completed, the player is awarded a title (e.g. 'PvE Noob' or 'Vamp Massacre') and a corresponding medal (rarity similar to the complexity of the task) that can be equipped. These medals would give a small stat boost, say +3% crit or +5 Str. Apart from that players would be able to show off their medals in their character profile.

Examples
Note: these are just a few examples. There are countless possibilities and names. Format is: medal name - medal rarity - medal requirement. I will leave out stat increases as it is not up to me to think about that.

1. PvE Noob - gray - Kill 10 PvE enemies
2. Dedicated - green - Play Pocket Legends for a 100 hours
3. Not-Newbie - orange - Finish the tutorial within 3 minutes
4. Afraid of the Dark - white - Kill 300 PvE enemies with a Darkbolt Blaster
5. Watch the Barrels! - purple - Finish 4+ PvE enemies by making one barrel explode
6. Mega Combo Veteran- green - Help perform 150 Mega Combos
7. Skeller Krunch-ed - white - Die by the hands of Skeller Krunch 50 times consecutively
8. Cheater! - green - Purchase 100 Platinum
9. Gold Fever - pink - Own a total of 10 million Gold
10. Merchant - orange - Sell a total of 10 items at the CS
11. Boxing Champion - pink - Beat Gurgox bare-handed
12. Gifted - white - Reach level 20 without dying
13. Popular - green - Gain at least 500 friends (Not too enthousiastic about this one though)
14. Low Carb Diet - gray - Play consecutive hours without gaining xp
15. Drunk Pirate - purple - Consume 50 Premium Elixirs
16. Not a Scratch! - white - Play an entire match of PvP without dying
17. Volunteer - orange - Complete 100 quests
18. Ka Pow! - pink - One-Hit Kill a PvE monster in Frozen Nightmares
19. Lookin' Good - white - Own 10 Vanity items
20. Hardcore Player - pink - Create a character and reach level 50 within 24 hours

The possibilities are literally endless!

Advantages
Why introduce a system like this? There are many reasons for this. I will list several below:

-Encourage high-leveled players to revisit campaigns designed for lower levels
Why leave behind a beautifully decorated world if there are still some hard achievements to be completed? Lower-leveled areas would become way more fun to play in.

-More diversity in gameplay
Even though we all know STS games are highly addicting, we cannot deny saying that they could sometimes use something extra. It would eliminate the sole purpose of leveling, item gathering and making friends.

-Tempt level-capped players to stay longer
There are many players that go for the 100%. Once that percentage is reached, many players will temporarily quit with a 'Let's wait till the next level cap'-mentality. With this, it would take way longer to reach the 100%, as there might be some really complicated titles to earn...

-Great possibilities, not too hard to actualise
Will it be hard to create a title/medal system? I bet. But one important factor we must keep in mind is that many systems which this idea would use are already in game. Time measurements are already present in elixirs, platinum purchases can be seen in the purchase history, kills and deaths are already being counted... I think many titles/medals are pretty doable to create. Some will be hard - or almost impossible - to add to the game, like the 'kill 4+ PvE enemies by making one barrel explode'. Even so, to my opinion even if this system could be executed to the smallest extent, gameplay would improve greatly.

Some basic advantages. Think about it. Can you imagine all the great things such a system can bring to all STS games?

Conclusion
So what do you guys think about this? Would the addition of titles/medals cheer you up? Share your thoughts! We would be happy to hear them!

PL Playa
02-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I think this may take up some time for STS to accomplish, but is definitely something I would love. It would also add another element to PvP

Lowlyspy
02-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Lol I would be proudest of beating gurgox in a boxing match.

Love the idea, and considering veteran rewards, it may take a LONG time to implement but I would be willing to bet it will be implemented one day :D

Ardon
02-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Achievements would expect awesome.

But without the stat boosts.
They could even add a separate section on your character's screen for the number of achievements and all your achievements.

Maybe even a LB for the most amount of achievements

Walkhardd
02-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Very creative, and well thought out! This would give someone like me, who grinds to level cap and pretty much never goes back, a reason to pve again.