PDA

View Full Version : Handy guide on how to get booted at end game levels.

Hankomachos
02-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello all! Hank here!

Have you ever asked yourself: "How did I get booted from that game?"

Have no fear, this handy guide should explain to you on how to get booted (mainly at end-game levels.)

*Disclaimer: If you're the type of player who plays their class properly, and well, then this guide is not for you.*

Let's get started!

How to get booted #1

The rambo mage!

What is a rambo mage?
There are two different types of rambo mage: The free spirit rambo mage; and the juiced up rambo mage.
The free spirit rambo mage is an unelixered mage, who thinks they're rambo, and can run ahead of a bear; and can run into a mob of enemys, and come out alive. This however is usually not the case, they usually die, and rage quit (Unless there's another mage nearby.)

The juiced up rambo mage is essentially the same as the free spirit mage, but on elixirs.

No bear in his right mind will play with this type of mage. Boot.

How to get booted #2

Scatter bear! & Detanks

We all love playing with those lovable bears who run into a room, and stomp a mob every which way. Those are called scatterbears, and they love to make a mess.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31389-How-to-be-a-good-Scatter-Bear&highlight=good+scatterbear
Credit to robert on his informative guide, please refer to this guide for more advanced information on the scatter bear.

What is a detank?

Great question!
Most aren't familiar with this term, but a detank is the opposite of a tank. These "tanks" hide behind birds & mages, and don't taunt, or do anything a bear should do.
They usually go after one enemy, while non-rambo mages/birds take on a whole mob. But you have to praise a detank for taking on one enemy, I mean, that's a whole enemy right there! Scary!!!

How to get booted #3

Talkys!!!
What is a talky?

Another great question!
A talky is someone who won't stop chatting during a run. This can annoy the host, and distract him/her from playing. Especially if the talkys are talking to the host (you.)

How to get booted #4
Kitin' chickens!
Fyrce and suentousPO brought up an excellent way to get booted from a game. Our Favourite type of bird, the kitin' chicken! This particular species of bird is either:
a) Scared
b) Lazy
c) Doesn't know how to kill
D) Is eating a double quarter pounder meal with both hands.
They sit in the back, most likely using an x-bow, don't use skills, and do minimal damage. Boot!

How to get booted #5
The door hanger!
Even worse than the kitin' chicken, the door hanger just stands around at the entrance of a level, usually with the reason "afk" or "brb". They usually don't un-afk until the mobs are cleared, then they run to get the drop from the boss (if they make it in time.) The great thing about door hangers is that any class can do it! Birds, mages and bears! (Thanks, moongem for bringing this Pro way to get booted to light!)

Well, that wraps up my handy guide on how to get booted (Mainly at end-game levels)

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa344/idonthaveone4/14418802.jpg
This guide will explain it.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa344/idonthaveone4/14418874.jpg
Indeed.

Thanks!
:cool:

WarTornBird
02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Ooooh our runs are the best, love you hank xD

saool
02-10-2012, 08:20 PM
BWAHAHA!...
I'll admit very, very few of us (mages) manage to survive if Ramboing with or without elixir (I know how to keep alive even with Emma so this isn't a problem of mine :cool: ). I should work on a "How to be the ultimate Rambo Mage" to explain my ninja skills.
I kid I kid I joke I joke
lol

razerfingers
02-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Im an awesome rambo mage :D im a scatter bear in every level except mt. Fang lvls my bird can tank likea beast and die if with and without elixirs lol im just not good as the leader person hah

wvhills
02-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Hahahahahahahaha! We've seen more rambo mages than scatterbears recently. I'll think this post when my thanks replense. I spent them all already.

Suentous PO
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Don't forget the "autobird" who due overwhelming fear do nothing but stay in the back and never kill with skill, and consequently does not break a nail, or a sweat. Basically a chicken.
His opposite may be the "fried chicken" who is soo juiced they could care less who else is in a group. They run ahead of the mob full of confidence rooting mobs to make em untauntable, and blast shoting important enemies out of reach.
Ask any of them what Italy looks like and then BOOT. Heheh

razerfingers
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't forget the "autobird" who due overwhelming fear do nothing but stay in the back and never kill with skill, and consequently does not break a nail, or a sweat. Basically a chicken.
His opposite may be the "fried chicken" who is soo juiced they could care less who else is in a group. They run ahead of the mob full of confidence rooting mobs to make em untauntable, and blast shoting important enemies out of reach.
Ask any of them what Italy looks like and then BOOT. Heheh
Ftw! Lol

Kaytar
02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Hank you forgot about Booting because the game is already full :p

Arterra
02-10-2012, 09:52 PM
scatterbears are really the most effective team molestors. a rambo mage might actually be a great player, and survive/murder everything (long live clusterstorm, the best pally/mage i have seen)

Piosidon
02-11-2012, 01:33 AM
I just learned 4 new words from here

Hankomachos
02-11-2012, 10:24 AM
I just learned 4 new words from here

Yes, these terms aren't well known amongst most players. :cool: Glad my guide could help!

Elyseon
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Wow this worked great! I tried it with all 3 classes. Booted everytime :D

Just think without this guide id still be trudging along through the level!
Thanks so much hank!

Blazering
02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm a scatterbear but then I pull em all forward me so I can do it again xD

JaytB
02-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Funny read :)

Ihavenokills
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks hank! i now know how to successfully get booted from games! learned from the best to be the best

epic victory

ps. im def 100% a rambo mage on my alt LoL except i dont rage quit. i usually just lol irl. dunno why

Sryyoulose
02-11-2012, 06:50 PM
The trick to Rambo mage with or without elixir is to fire drain heal back up... Thus being out of range while "taking the damage" even though your not getting hit! After the other people charge in you come back behind everyone unleashing massive loads of damage ^_^