PDA

View Full Version : Ok, honestly?

Mothwing
02-11-2012, 01:41 AM
So ive been playing a lot of pvp lately, and ive come to the conclusion that bears are seriously NOT FUN. Especially ctf. I guess that theyre supposed to be tanks and all that, but when a team of 3 fully equipped mages cant take down a bear, its not fun. The bears continuously run straight to the flag, and right back with absolutely no interference. The two things that i think should change is this:

1) Tone down the bears. A LOT.

2) Don't allow elite vanities in pvp, because yes, they make a difference. Its not fair for someone to be better than be because they spent a little plat to get an item that ruins pvp. Every time i go into battle with an elite player, i automatically know im going to lose. So why bother fighting?

Im sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldnt decide between suggestions and pvp, but since STS never reads the suggestions i posted here.

saool
02-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Bears are really hard to take down with elite vanities and crafted sets...

So it's best they don't complain that mages are OP...

Lowlyspy
02-11-2012, 02:31 AM
I hear ya mothy. Most who post here are going to tell you to "stop whining" tho cuz most of them are the very people you are talking about. Ya know why agree with someone when it might hurt your precious kdr :P

Blind
02-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Mage>Bird.
Bear>Mage
Bird>Bear

Pure dex bird with a crafted bow set can take down a bear in one good combo.

If a bird has big trouble killing a bear then it's half str or something.

For example when i tried str armor with bow i shot Papapat 300 times and couldn't hurt him.

With pure dex crafted set i could take him down in one good combo.

Basically, PURE dex bird with crafted bow set is a solution for a bear.

Blind
02-11-2012, 04:19 AM
2)Its not fair for someone to be better than be because they spent a little plat to get an item that ruins pvp. Every time i go into battle with an elite player, i automatically know im going to lose. So why bother fighting?
If they are better that means they are better. Why bother fighting? With that attitude you aren't gonna win even with a vanity vs no vanity.

brodiniozo
02-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Mage>bird. Mage>bear. Mage><mage

/ Brod

Aquilasoul
02-11-2012, 04:27 AM
my suggestions you can make Lv1 bear to Lvl66 bear pure str+ring+L65 set too^^

Blind
02-11-2012, 04:32 AM
Mage>bird. Mage>bear. Mage><mage

/ Brod

Lol Brod u r hating on mages hard. Whenever there is a discussion about classes and sets u r the first to post about mages ;D

saool
02-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Bears are really hard to take down with elite vanities and crafted sets...

So it's best they don't complain that mages are OP...

;)!

Yeah Hank should know lol :p

AbsolutePally
02-11-2012, 06:25 AM
There is no shame in losing to an elite player. You said everytime you go fight one you lose right? Isn't that the way it is supposed to be? The vanity does help, but I promise any top elite player can still win no vanity.
Bears ave been underpowered since ao, when they were nerfed around the 45 cap. Now, finally, they are able to tank. Bears should be tough to take down, if not it would be like a bird that cant do very rapid damage, or a mage that cant heal or rev.
Bears are hard for most mages, there are some I can only break even with: Zeus, Debowe, Papapat, Cloakker. They do, like pallys used to run and cap usually uncontested.

Mothwing
02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
There is no shame in losing to an elite player. You said everytime you go fight one you lose right? Isn't that the way it is supposed to be? The vanity does help, but I promise any top elite player can still win no vanity.
Bears ave been underpowered since ao, when they were nerfed around the 45 cap. Now, finally, they are able to tank. Bears should be tough to take down, if not it would be like a bird that cant do very rapid damage, or a mage that cant heal or rev.
Bears are hard for most mages, there are some I can only break even with: Zeus, Debowe, Papapat, Cloakker. They do, like pallys used to run and cap usually uncontested.

I bet if I go up against a mage with elite vanities, im going to lose. Its just plain simple. Now if that mage were to take the canities off, then theres a fair match.

NotYoCookiez
02-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Well who ever has that elite vanity deserves to win!

That's dedication to the game and a lot of time leveling even with exilers

They earned it and should be able to be rewarded.

Mothwing
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Well who ever has that elite vanity deserves to win!

That's dedication to the game and a lot of time leveling even with exilers

They earned it and should be able to be rewarded.

I beg to differ. I understand they should be rewarded, but it makes too big of a dent in PvP. Especially bears. An again, I agree they should be rewarded. But isnt that their reward? The items? I encourage anyone to take off their vanities and play someone with them. 99.9% of the time you lose. The other .1% is if they lag or forget a buff, which is hardly ever.

Fyrce
02-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe PvP ought to be equipment-less...

Imsebastiaanl
02-11-2012, 12:49 PM
This is part of the game, and a bird could -dodge/armor him/her. Also str mages and str birds do this. They are all possible to kill, its just hard.

Blazering
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
.__. wow. I thought my warrior was a bit weak. NOW MY SELF ESTEEM FOR MY WARRIOR HAS BOOSTED :D

Conradin
02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
One thing with elite vanities is that new players coming up dont have acessto them therefore putting them at a disatvantage. What are the stats on them anyways?

AbsolutePally
02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I beg to differ. I understand they should be rewarded, but it makes too big of a dent in PvP. Especially bears. An again, I agree they should be rewarded. But isnt that their reward? The items? I encourage anyone to take off their vanities and play someone with them. 99.9% of the time you lose. The other .1% is if they lag or forget a buff, which is hardly ever.

When it comes to mages fighting other mages, the vanity should not even come into effect. Meaning, you as a mage shouldnt be trying to tank damage. What kills is the massive output of spell damage, and if you are fast, have a solid combo, and know your range well you will easily win.
I will show you in game, ill fight someone no vanities vs someone with. If they arent really good (pro) then I may lose more than half the time :/

Papapat
02-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Mage>Bird.
Bear>Mage
Bird>Bear

Pure dex bird with a crafted bow set can take down a bear in one good combo.

If a bird has big trouble killing a bear then it's half str or something.

For example when i tried str armor with bow i shot Papapat 300 times and couldn't hurt him.

With pure dex crafted set i could take him down in one good combo.

Basically, PURE dex bird with crafted bow set is a solution for a bear.

Awwww bro :) hehehe

Papapat
02-12-2012, 10:24 AM

I defintely agree.

1. Vanities really do help, but I do believe little bonus to some stats wont make u win a game or a match... It really does come with skill.

2. Each class has their own specialty, its just how u make the most out of it like for a ctf game for example, having a good mage will give u good heals and revs in the game giving u advantage to move further the cap. In lieu of having a good bird, they can serve us good assassins taking out the obstacles in ur team's way in capping while having a good bear, as you have said, may push his way through the cap defensively in and out the flag room..
It would be impossible for a bear to heal and rev while tanking, and most of the time a bear would be earning goals rather than kills unlike birds right? That would then be a disadvantage for bears giving them less kills...

3. Bears cant break mana shields, and can't heal themselves massively. If bears would be toned down, what would be left?

Some thoughts from a bear who loves pvp :)

AbsolutePally
02-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I defintely agree.

1. Vanities really do help, but I do believe little bonus to some stats wont make u win a game or a match... It really does come with skill.

2. Each class has their own specialty, its just how u make the most out of it like for a ctf game for example, having a good mage will give u good heals and revs in the game giving u advantage to move further the cap. In lieu of having a good bird, they can serve us good assassins taking out the obstacles in ur team's way in capping while having a good bear, as you have said, may push his way through the cap defensively in and out the flag room..
It would be impossible for a bear to heal and rev while tanking, and most of the time a bear would be earning goals rather than kills unlike birds right? That would then be a disadvantage for bears giving them less kills...

3. Bears cant break mana shields, and can't heal themselves massively. If bears would be toned down, what would be left?

Some thoughts from a bear who loves pvp :)

Very well said!!!

Yes each class has its special and specific role.
Mages help clear crowds, rev, heal.
Birds take down single targets or tanks.
Bears tank for team and cap.

Together now finally, team play really matters. We will see in the ffa tournie and upcoming ctf one too, bears have a vital role now! And I am happy.

Whirlzap
02-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Just gonna say that the elite vanity set argument has been around for a long time and nothing has been done.

Bears DESERVE this. They were weak and hardest to play during Sewer Ages.
It's only fair that they can ACTUALLY tank this time around.

Whirlzap
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
And I am happy.

DTF, when are you not happy.

AbsolutePally
02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
DTF, when are you not happy.

Ive a special place in my heart for bears :) ever since the bear tournie. It was hard to play other classes so the bear only thing was a lot of fun! Im sad I didnt level my bear fast enough, choose bird first... :/

XghostzX
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
For reason number 1.) All characters are equally balanced. The bear was simply more skilled and had better technique when you fought him. The best technique will win.

Sryyoulose
02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Well... I have no bear and no vanity set(I've been with PL for almost a year always to lazy to cap just going 1 below >.>) one thing I must say str bears with elite vanities... They are KILLAble by a Mage (even a staff Mage like myself) though I think sometimes bear pull stomp combo might be a whee bit strong but hey mages hit 500s so let's not whine accept it and move on! And one more thing SO WHAT THE HAVE ELIXIRS IT MEANS THEY WORKED IN REAL LIFE! So don't whine get a job!

Mothwing
02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Ok guys, forget about the vanities, that wasn't my point. What im trying to say is 2 skilled mages, both having vanity sets and myself couldn't take down ONE bear while spamming out combos and spells. The bear stomp combo is WAY to cheap, the bears use it continuously to push the other players away so they can run. But my point is, don't you think its unfair how 3 pretty skilled mages couldn't take down one bear?

Swords
02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
its fun with bears are playing and tanks, but when bears take flag they survive a long time. to kill a bear always trap and combo him and always if possible put him the wrong direction. go in front of bear and repulse or firestorm to push him away

Gaunab
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Ok guys, forget about the vanities, that wasn't my point. What im trying to say is 2 skilled mages, both having vanity sets and myself couldn't take down ONE bear while spamming out combos and spells. The bear stomp combo is WAY to cheap, the bears use it continuously to push the other players away so they can run. But my point is, don't you think its unfair how 3 pretty skilled mages couldn't take down one bear?

Obviously most of th PvP population (me included) doesn't think that bears are OP. Maybe a little when with a good team :P

When three mages can't take down one 'while spamming out combos and spells', it's either the bear being extreeeemely lucky or the mages not knowing what they are doing. This would be the case if they all three get stomped away in one combo because it's plain stupid to get caught by this old trick. But since double blasting doesn't work anymore either, many people are just used to stay in one bulk and rush forwards mowing down everything. Too bad if the bear is smart and outcombos all three at once then...

Also, its rather birds being the 'tank-killers' with their massive dodge debuffs and single target damage.

ghost.mw
02-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Well... I have no bear and no vanity set(I've been with PL for almost a year always to lazy to cap just going 1 below >.>) one thing I must say str bears with elite vanities... They are KILLAble by a Mage (even a staff Mage like myself) though I think sometimes bear pull stomp combo might be a whee bit strong but hey mages hit 500s so let's not whine accept it and move on! And one more thing SO WHAT THE HAVE ELIXIRS IT MEANS THEY WORKED IN REAL LIFE! So don't whine get a job!
LOLOLOLOL and ouch

ReddWolfAK
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Me of us have put in a lot of time for our vanities. We have earned them. And Moth I know your referring to when I ran by you and a few others like 3 times with the flag. I practice that. It's what I do, Cloakker will do it to. But I guarantee very few bears can. Just because some are skilled does not make us over powered. We just know how to control the engagement.

Slcinuup
02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Stay away from 61+ pvp... Problem solved.

Zeus
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
When a few bears start to get the spotlight, people have to ruin it! :(

You may think it looks easy to be a bear, but it really isn't. You have to maintain tanking skills at ALL times, learn how to crowd control and pinpoint against NON-NPC's (Learn to predict human judgement and actions), as well as try to tank damage, kill players, and distract them away from the damage dealers. It isn't an easy task at all.

XghostzX
02-14-2012, 06:12 PM
When a few bears start to get the spotlight, people have to ruin it! :(

You may think it looks easy to be a bear, but it really isn't. You have to maintain tanking skills at ALL times, learn how to crowd control and pinpoint against NON-NPC's (Learn to predict human judgement and actions), as well as try to tank damage, kill players, and distract them away from the damage dealers. It isn't an easy task at all.

ahaha you just took the words out of my mouth, but that's 100% true. I think bears are the most underrated classes in game. A really good bear can get a very good build that will provide lots of dodge and armor AND be able to kill players consistently.

Who am I to say this though, I don't have a bear. Just my 2 cents :)

AbsolutePally
02-17-2012, 03:47 AM
I miss my bear. Is it possible to switch vanities from my bird to bear?

Zeus
02-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I miss my bear. Is it possible to switch vanities from my bird to bear?

I don't think so, Mitch. Although, trust me, if you're a bear, you don't need the vanities. I don't see a difference if I use them or not, since with bears, it's all about the pins.

AbsolutePally
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Well then a lvling I shall go. Atm thrasher potted @ 62 w Bear and have enough for one more punch, hopefully that will make 65

Mothwing
02-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Well then a lvling I shall go. Atm thrasher potted @ 62 w Bear and have enough for one more punch, hopefully that will make 65

Good luck :)

Taipan
02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I suck at pvp with my bear. Im a little better than I used to be but I have hardly EVER beat Mages lol I prefer birds....