PDA

View Full Version : Talon Birds?

Formora
08-01-2010, 04:18 AM
After hitting 45 on my paladin I decided to create a talon bird. I am level 9 currently, all points in to dex. Is that correct for a talon bird?I don't know what spells to put points in. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Btw, I am finding it hard to join tombs of mynas without getting kicked or asked to pay so any help on that would be great too. My in-game name is Elar.

Thanks.

Raxie
08-01-2010, 05:22 AM
i see u level up bloody fast. soon, you'll reach my level, 24. go all dex, don't need strength for an archer because you have high dodge rate for avoiding one-hits from bosses when you are higher level and high critical for taking down your enemies very quickly.
for skills, definitely blast shot and focus. ignore avian scream because that is just ****ing useless. also when you level up upgrade evade to 5 also. that's all i know for now but it'll take you a while to get those skills to level 5.

Formora
08-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Nah I won't be there until tomorrow at least. I'm looking to get to lvl 20 before I sleep haha, level 14 now. Yep so far I added all dex, and I'll upgrade the skills as soon as I get on PL. Need to get the skill set from my friend.

Iambirdman
08-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Lvl 9 joining AO2 maps will not only get you booted, but they will also send you on your way with bunch of cussing :)

Banned
08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Full Isis, Thoth talon.

Max out, Focus, Blast Shot, Evade, Thorn Root, Repluse Shot, Break Armor, Blinding Shot, and Meditation.

Put 4 SP into Shattering Scream.

Formora
08-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll max those skills as soon as I level. Birdman, maybe that's what you would do but i have met some nice people around who help me level.

vulgarstrike
08-02-2010, 04:11 AM
you could play on a lost expedition and still get the same experience for faster than ao2...

Formora
08-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Really? What map is that?

Raxie
08-02-2010, 06:36 AM
it's the ice one where there is lots of snow.
yetis too and big fat blue guys.

Formora
08-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Uh I'm not sure which one that is, the ones ive been in are all snowy lol. I'll go check them out later though.

Nostero
08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
U wouldn't do meditation, I would do healing instead..... With 2 Thoth and 2 Isis ou won't need the healing spell in PvE but you won't need meditation either, so put it in to healing instead so you can do pvp just as well.... That's my build and I can beat a lot of people when I do my combos right. So hope that helps and a talon bird is the only 45 I play so I have experience...

KingFu
08-02-2010, 09:18 AM
you could play on a lost expedition and still get the same experience for faster than ao2...

On every map the max XP per kill is 2 XP without the use of an elixer. The only reason why people go on stage 3 is because they are easier kills, but mummy debuffs are no joke. I have gotten -2 H/S, and they can do a lot!

Iambirdman
08-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll max those skills as soon as I level. Birdman, maybe that's what you would do but i have met some nice people around who help me level.

I help alot of newbs but only on the low maps the maps for their lvl

Banned
08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
U wouldn't do meditation, I would do healing instead..... With 2 Thoth and 2 Isis ou won't need the healing spell in PvE but you won't need meditation either, so put it in to healing instead so you can do pvp just as well.... That's my build and I can beat a lot of people when I do my combos right. So hope that helps and a talon bird is the only 45 I play so I have experience...

Don't follow that information.

No offense to the poster.

Cascade
08-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I never got booted when I lvled funkymonk....Maybe its cuz everyone knew me by my other char lol...

cry
08-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Lvl 9 joining AO2 maps will not only get you booted, but they will also send you on your way with bunch of cussing :)

Ya but, no... There are certain partys that are Xp farming or kill farming certain people kill or xp farm in group. Find one of them and you will not be booted.

Formora
08-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Don't follow that information.

No offense to the poster.

Right then I'll just stick to yours I guess. One more thing, your build does not mention avian scream, does this mean that I have to respec to get that point back?

Royce
08-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Right then I'll just stick to yours I guess. One more thing, your build does not mention avian scream, does this mean that I have to respec to get that point back?

Yes, but I actually like having 1 point in Avian Scream just for the stun/knockback when things get messy.

Formora
08-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Hmm, if I were to keep it, what skill should I sacrifice? I tried using it before, and the range doesn't seem to be that good. Is it really worth keeping?

Royce
08-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Hmm, if I were to keep it, what skill should I sacrifice? I tried using it before, and the range doesn't seem to be that good. Is it really worth keeping?

If you're gonna respec, probably follow everyone else's advice, and get rid of it. I personally find it pretty useful in PvE, but I seem to be in the minority. Anyway, I have only 4 points in Blinding Shot (since only damage increases with points on that, and the debuff seems to be the same at all levels).

Formora
08-03-2010, 07:40 AM
If you're gonna respec, probably follow everyone else's advice, and get rid of it. I personally find it pretty useful in PvE, but I seem to be in the minority. Anyway, I have only 4 points in Blinding Shot (since only damage increases with points on that, and the debuff seems to be the same at all levels).

I have 4 respecs left but I'm still thinking about it. I guess I'll wait until I level and see if anything's changed by then.

reality_storm
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
In pve 1 point in avian scream is worth it simply for the stun effect. If built correctly, a bird can in fact rush, and avian scream is part of that process, along with both thorns. In pvp it's not useful though.