PDA

View Full Version : Man, there are some whiny people here...

doot
04-17-2010, 02:42 AM
And on other boards. Are people really complaining about dropping $2 for a new dungeon? All the while getting patches to further polish the game, fix bugs, and include new drops? Spacetime is on the ball, and they're working their asses off to create an experience unlike anything we gamers have experienced (point me to the last mobile mmorpg in the same realm as this).

How much to people pay a month to play WOW?

How many people can pull out their desktop/laptop to get a quick fix of their favorite mmorpg when they're in the lunch line, on their 15 minute break at work, on a quick train, getting their oil changed, at the dmv, etc.? Anybody? I can do it with my phone. We all can now.

And some people want to whine about a $2 dungeon? Isn't the average console/PC game about 50-60 bucks? Is that 25-30 PL dungeons? That you can play with other people? Still whining?

If you don't get this logic, you aren't meant for this game. Move on. Or you're just stubborn and you'll pay and play anyway. Either way, stop your complaining and get a tall frap at Starbucks today instead of a venti, and enjoy some PL. Add dootbird and we can go kill things together.

;);););););)

SMELTN
04-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Problem with todays world, and I blame the interwebs, is that people want everything for free now, they do not understand that there are costs involved, for them its like what Burger King says, "Have it your way".

You will never get away from it. Its how we raise our children now :P

beatleariel
04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
I used to complain about the pay-to-add contents on iPhone game, but this game chaged my mind, I'm completely happy to pay just 1,59€ (half tobacco packet) to have fun. Congratulationds, you did a great game.

Reaper
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
lol, half a tobacco packet. -QUIT SMOKING, Play PL!!! xD

--Legends (http://theappradar.com)--

Xervitude
04-17-2010, 09:25 AM
I used to complain about the pay-to-add contents on iPhone game, but this game chaged my mind, I'm completely happy to pay just 1,59€ (half tobacco packet) to have fun. Congratulationds, you did a great game.

To be fair, most games dont deserve the money for the content they are selling. (This game of course, does).

vindKtiv
04-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Being a PC gamer who is use to having preferential treatment and free stuff complimentary of the community and developers, I have always looked down on DLC. That being said however, I bought my first ever DLC when I purchased the Dark Forest campaign. There are things not worth spending money for ($25 for a WoW pet anyone?) and there are things worth spending money for, and I believe that $2 (I can easily scrounge for some change, if need be) is a great price for the campaigns. I'm definitely going to wait for a sale on Balefort Castle after Dark Forest was discounted a week after I got it though.

SMELTN
04-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah I think there needs to be a bulk price for all map packs. That way you don't have to continue to buy map packs each time.

But give us the option to buy them in bulk OR continue to buy 1 at a time if thats what we want.

Angry
04-17-2010, 12:37 PM
I would rather have a basic game free and pay to add on then buy some game for x amount of dollars only to dislike it and waste my money. I say if the content is different and noticeable I have no problem paying just don't get greedy and start charging an arm and a leg.

Beermon
04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Ditto on bulk packs of dungeons

Splurd
04-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Problem with todays world, and I blame the interwebs, is that people want everything for free now, they do not understand that there are costs involved, for them its like what Burger King says, "Have it your way".

You will never get away from it. Its how we raise our children now :P

Most of the kids whinning about spending $2 on a app are the ones spending $10 shoving fast food down their mouths. :)

Loso
04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Preach on DOOT!.... I strongly agree with what you are sayin. You got my vote 10 times.

Lomion
04-18-2010, 04:23 AM
I totally agree. I spend $10 a day for lunch at my workplace, so what are $2 for hours of fun ? People pay $15 in order to watch a 2 hours movie at the theater (!). And of cours, as said in another post, it's good to be able to test the game for free and, only then, decide to buy stuff and continue playing.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 04:43 AM
I totally agree. I spend $10 a day for lunch at my workplace, so what are $2 for hours of fun ? People pay $15 in order to watch a 2 hours movie at the theater (!). And of cours, as said in another post, it's good to be able to test the game for free and, only then, decide to buy stuff and continue playing.

Pretty much.

I would have never bought the game if it was not free to download. But after playing it, I decided it was worth the few bucks, considering the time I was spending on it.

Hurs
04-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Yup yup, there is really no reason why you should be complaining about $2 unless... yeah, no reason.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 10:48 AM
my only gripe is that they put the dark forest on sale 1 day after I bought it. *grumble*

setec
04-18-2010, 10:54 AM
my only gripe is that they put the dark forest on sale 1 day after I bought it. *grumble*

Companies do this all the time though. :)

I was a bit standoffish at the prices, yes - I know they are low, but in the scheme of things the map packs are cheaper than new games on the App Store and continually add value to this one. Also, I swore I would never buy the Emotes because, really, do I need them? Yet, I had to have everything, so yes, I bought them. That's another two bucks (well, 70% of 2 bucks after Apple's cut) that goes to Spacetime Studios to continue developing this game. :)