PDA

View Full Version : I noticed something really strange...

Skeletonlord
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I was showing this thing to my friends in game just now, and they didn't know what it is.

You know the chat bar at the top of your screen? If you move your finger down a little bit, a radiator type icon appears.

I have a few pics to show, and it appears for about 2 seconds.anyone know what it is or might be?

TheSnowman
02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
It's part of the iOS 5 software called the notification center used for well, showing any notifications.

Copied this for apple:

All your alerts. All in one place.
You get all kinds of notifications on your iOS device: new email, texts, friend requests, and more. With Notification Center, you can keep track of them all in one convenient location. Just swipe down from the top of any screen to enter Notification Center. Choose which notifications you want to see. Even see a stock ticker and the current weather. New notifications appear briefly at the top of your screen, without interrupting what you’re doing. And the Lock screen displays notifications so you can act on them with just a swipe. Notification Center is the best way to stay on top of your life’s breaking news.

LwMark
02-11-2012, 03:35 PM
More like a AC duct

Skeletonlord
02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys for your quick replies! I just got ios 5.0.1 on my new iPod 4th gen I got today, so I'm pretty new to it!

Swords
02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
more like a sewer that the aliens are trying to get through by looking at our chats!

Zamu
02-11-2012, 06:28 PM
If you swipe your thumb down most of the way, it will show the notification center, all notifications, like game update, app updates and other stuff, will be shown there, just swipe back up to get rid of it :)

Sryyoulose
02-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Haha my iPod won't sync to my computer so I dont the update >.>

Ayc2000
02-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Haha my iPod won't sync to my computer so I dont the update >.>

Same! Idk what's wrong, it would download the update, sync with my iPad, then have some error after being almost 99% done with the update :(

TYRANTO
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Is that a vent?

NECROREAPER
02-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Same! Idk what's wrong, it would download the update, sync with my iPad, then have some error after being almost 99% done with the update :(

Try restoring to the stok firmware then update from there. Be sure to back up your iDevice before resetting.