PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you StS

Spooked
06-21-2020, 01:43 PM
As the title says.
There is no excuse for allowing this, and no argument to defend this.
People being banned for sharing their acc with E.G their friend, but people abusing the auction house to scam tens of millions and often peoples entire net worth in 1 second is okay?
Instead of protecting your own wallet, look out for the community on instances like these.
On the screenshot below you can see what 1 successful scam can spark.
People see dmthfckr (name shaming? No, in this instance i disregard that) successfully get 20m for one gem and think, hmm thats easy money! i should do this too.
This is how community's slowly fall into the abyss, and get infested with people only out to harm or abuse eachother.
To the people who play Growtopia, you know what i mean.
Remiem's community PSA was a wonderful call to the community to look out for eachother, but what we need in this situation is StS to look out for us.

Xudo
06-21-2020, 01:46 PM
As the title says.
People being banned for sharing their acc with E.G their friend, but people abusing the auction house to scam tens of millions and often peoples entire net worth in 1 second is okay?
Instead of protecting your own wallet, look out for the community on instances like these.
People see dmthfckr (name shaming? No, in this instance i disregard that) successfully get 20m for one gem and think, hmm thats easy money! i should do this too.
This is how community's slowly fall into the abyss, and get infested with people only out to harm or abuse eachother.
Remiem's community PSA was a wonderful call to the community to look out for eachother, but what we need in this situation is StS to look out for us.

193140Im not sure i understand...? If you spend 20m on a single awakening gem, you're an idiot. If you put 3 in the auction for 20m each, they likely wouldnt sell, making you also an idiot...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eagleye
06-21-2020, 01:50 PM
There is really no way this is fixable unless sts put fixed price maximums on every single item in the game and at that point the auction would be pointless. I’ve been playing this game on and off since the beginning and I’ve never once “accidentally” bought something that was so ridiculously overpriced it broke my bank. It really comes down to making sure you know what you’re purchasing before you hit that accept button. Accidents happen sure, but that’s nobody’s fault except those who don’t triple check each and every time before they buy something threw the AH.

Xudo
06-21-2020, 02:00 PM
There is really no way this is fixable unless sts put fixed price maximums on every single item in the game and at that point the auction would be pointless. I’ve been playing this game on and off since the beginning and I’ve never once “accidentally” bought something that was so ridiculously overpriced it broke my bank. It really comes down to making sure you know what you’re purchasing before you hit that accept button. Accidents happen sure, but that’s nobody’s fault except those who don’t triple check each and every time before they buy something threw the AH.Exactly. Just watch what youre doing rather than whine to sts about fixing it

xTRICKEDx
06-21-2020, 02:19 PM
Exactly. Just watch what youre doing rather than whine to sts about fixing it

The prob is that it is mostly the same person that commits these acts.
Simply by dealing with the few select people that do this would sort out this problem.

Spooked
06-21-2020, 03:04 PM
Im not sure i understand...? If you spend 20m on a single awakening gem, you're an idiot. If you put 3 in the auction for 20m each, they likely wouldnt sell, making you also an idiot...

Yes, those “idiots” are definitely buying those gems on purpose sherlock.

Xudo
06-21-2020, 03:05 PM
Yes, those “idiots” are definitely buying those gems on purpose sherlock.So check what you're buying. Don't confirm until you're sure. If you buy it, it's your fault

picklewickles
06-21-2020, 03:06 PM
The prob is that it is mostly the same person that commits these acts.
Simply by dealing with the few select people that do this would sort out this problem.you have a point there but people still have to watch what they are doing and make sure they buy the product for the good price and quantity

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Spooked
06-21-2020, 03:07 PM
There is no way to “fix” this.
The only way people stop doing this is when there is a punishment set on it.
“People who buy it are just stupid”
Okay, i’d bet my left nut that when this or something similar happens to you, you would not be shouting the same chant.
Selfishness emits from people who blame this fully on the buyer.
I agree, buyer should always check, but when these things are so easily manipulated there is no way this is only the buyers fault.

Also id like to add im NOT a victim of this, yet i do find it important other players arent screwed over by shenanigans like these.

Xudo
06-21-2020, 03:17 PM
There is no way to “fix” this.
The only way people stop doing this is when there is a punishment set on it.
“People who buy it are just stupid”
Okay, i’d bet my left nut that when this or something similar happens to you, you would not be shouting the same chant.
Selfishness emits from people who blame this fully on the buyer.
I agree, buyer should always check, but when these things are so easily manipulated there is no way this is only the buyers fault.

Also id like to add im NOT a victim of this, yet i do find it important other players arent screwed over by shenanigans like these.Well sts cant exactly regulate the economy which would have a lot of its own issues

picklewickles
06-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Well sts cant exactly regulate the economy which would have a lot of its own issues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalkyes and there are also no official prices by sts for each item. sts has nothing to do with it and cannot ban someone just for listing items overpriced. when it comes to scams, especially in this game the buyer confirms he wants the items and is responsible for his own purchase

Dmothra
06-21-2020, 03:43 PM
Caveat emptorhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/bbdcb0b2976940307fa3f6e0a72e3857.jpg

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

picklewickles
06-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Caveat emptorhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/bbdcb0b2976940307fa3f6e0a72e3857.jpg

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalkyes he is totally right, most people expect to get the most amount from the most expansive item but that isn't true if you sort by quantity you get the most of the item with the cheapest unit price

Prabsimar Chhabra
06-21-2020, 04:19 PM
When people are Bulk Buying , They press those "small buttons" while they sre quickly doing it and buy the 20m Gem by mistake.

If this guy did this once by mistake it would have been okay. But no this guy is intentionally doing this. With same ign and also insulting people who makes posts about him and laughing. Not only this , he is spreading a lot of hate and people have started doing the same thing he does as they think "Why not , No one can do anything."

I know people should be careful but i don't think toxicity and indirectly scamming people should be allowed like this too. Just my opinion.

*Final decision is always in the hands of STS. As mentioned by Devs in previous locked posts about this person. STS cares about us, and if someone emails them and tells what all is happening , Maybe they can take an action. Making posts here doesn't help but incite Drama.*

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

Roycedamagnet
06-21-2020, 04:53 PM
I understand that this is a serious problem considering the fact that the same individuals have been repetitively doing this. But you have to understand that this is very similar to reporting a scammer that managed to flick your gold nekro and logged off. It's useless. Scamming is something that happens when one party is cunning and the other is ignorant. You can't just blame the dude for listing it in cs, you need to blame yourself for buying it. It's not like you instantly buy an item after tapping purchase. There's an additional "Purchase Item" box that pops up. In simpler words, the guy that listed it is a numbnut and the guy that bought it is an even bigger one.
As for this case, since it's evident that this Dmrthfckr dude has been pulling this stunt for a long while, I believe STS should definitely give him a warning or a shadow ban. And this is simply because of the fact that there's ample evidences to support the cases of the "scammed" people.
Apart from that, you're at fault as much as he is. This is not up for argument. Truth will hurt, sorry.

Susanne
06-21-2020, 06:24 PM
I agree with Roycedamagnet. Also another thing people could consider, don't go shopping with too much gold in your inventory?

Spooked
06-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Listing an item to deliberately make off with 20m isnt very cunning if you ask me.
Good point susanne, but it all boils down to the fact this person scams and talks down on the people he scams.
No matter whose fault it is, this cant be justified in any way.
I suppose we can turn a blind to this and hereby only encourage this behaviour, but it wont affect the community positively.
I’ll sit back and wait for a tidal wave of auction scammers.
Feels like yesterday we had the lepre to amulet of doom & lunar pendant trade switchers.

MiruZetu
06-21-2020, 07:59 PM
I used to play rules of Oblivion
In there market prices were fix like u can list item 50% lower or 50% higher than market price.. n if there is no items in market to determine price.. its will b same price as previously last sold price.. i wish sts bring this system in al also.. bcoz these days ppl dont come in town n shout for 3-5hrs to buy one items.. they just buy from auction and mistake happen n there r lots of clumsy ppl out there not 1 or 2 so..
Ik that its a legally scamming but it can b fix. Not all ppl care about others they only wanna scam scam scam.. legally or illegally... Scamming makes games more bad than anything!!

I want this system to b added on al so ppl can determine true price.. n price dont rise n drop fastly..

Stephencobear
06-21-2020, 09:56 PM
I used to play rules of Oblivion
In there market prices were fix like u can list item 50% lower or 50% higher than market price.. n if there is no items in market to determine price.. its will b same price as previously last sold price.. i wish sts bring this system in al also.. bcoz these days ppl dont come in town n shout for 3-5hrs to buy one items.. they just buy from auction and mistake happen n there r lots of clumsy ppl out there not 1 or 2 so..
Ik that its a legally scamming but it can b fix. Not all ppl care about others they only wanna scam scam scam.. legally or illegally... Scamming makes games more bad than anything!!

I want this system to b added on al so ppl can determine true price.. n price dont rise n drop fastly..

At first this sounds awesome, but then I think of problems with it.
Who knows how many hundreds/thousands of items that could be sold in ah, and how much bandwidth it may take up to keep this?
What if the cost of having this info stored and up kept was additional lag for everyone, not just the one who needs to pay attention when purchasing.

What about lb items that took multiple trade windows to complete? How can a program sort all that out ?

The value of what X amount of gold can buy changes sometimes rapidly, I don’t see the oblivion model working well, & not being exploitive by making a dummy acc and moving gold around to change the last price of an item.
Sounds good on paper tho

MiruZetu
06-21-2020, 10:28 PM
Yeah i understand u
Remember that sts dont make lb vanity 1b or anything. Ppl themselves make it 1b
Sts gold cap 99m we all knows
Its complex as u said sell multiple items in same price like that stuff
Ppl buy from town also n there is no chance of ppl getting ripoff op prices..
It work well in rules of Oblivion bcoz ppl cant do individual trade its from market only so they cap selling system like that work.. but in al i hope sts came up with a good strategy to tackle this problem!

I got scammed twice n bought items in op price twice.. so i know how bad it feel. I quit for 3 months also bcoz of that[emoji22]

I hope sts do something

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk

konafez
06-21-2020, 10:45 PM
i think the point Spooky is trying to make is..this person is openly running a scam and no one is doing anything about it..

if its successful or not should not matter, its still a scam . and they should be punished for it

Stephencobear
06-21-2020, 11:56 PM
Yeah i understand u
Remember that sts dont make lb vanity 1b or anything. Ppl themselves make it 1b
Sts gold cap 99m we all knows
Its complex as u said sell multiple items in same price like that stuff
Ppl buy from town also n there is no chance of ppl getting ripoff op prices..
It work well in rules of Oblivion bcoz ppl cant do individual trade its from market only so they cap selling system like that work.. but in al i hope sts came up with a good strategy to tackle this problem!

I got scammed twice n bought items in op price twice.. so i know how bad it feel. I quit for 3 months also bcoz of that[emoji22]

I hope sts do something

There’s value to what u say, maybe I overthink and it could work in some way, idk

Soyeonara
06-22-2020, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I'm agree with you, Spooked. Besides, I'm agree to have a system that set a minimum and maximum for each item. There is a game who had this system, Light of Thel if I'm not mistaken, which I think it is good to stop this kind of scam.

Yes, it is fault for someone not to check the price before buying the items. But, did we have to back up these scammers/manipulator and let another players to been scammed in future? It is wrong for Spooked to speak out this matter?

ndrakolor
06-22-2020, 02:06 AM
Lol, if there any max or min price for an item, thats no cool. U blamming other for being put elite awaken gem for 20mil in auction, the only one i ask, why you cant see it ? Or if you buy it on accident because of rush, why u rushing it bro, u can buy slowly, it seems u being greedy by rushing buy for all that cheap

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Aegislegend
06-22-2020, 04:05 AM
As the title says.

193140Solution to this is if you ignore someone you cant see the items they list in auc.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

MiruZetu
06-22-2020, 04:10 AM
Thats not true! U can still their items in auc even if u put them in ignore list

Aegislegend
06-22-2020, 04:11 AM
Thats not true! U can still their items in auc even if u put them in ignore list

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using TapatalkWhat I mean is this is the solution sts should make..

Fyrce
06-22-2020, 05:00 AM
Learn to read and sort.

xsilentninjax
06-22-2020, 05:20 AM
Just highlight what guild he's in and blacklist it, things like this have come to a point so far that its infuriating...
2 points can be made from this post.
-If you're going to put all the blame on the buyer then you would fall under the pretense "if you can't beat them, join them"
-If you do not support this, and dev seems to not do anything about it, best thing you can do is simply raise awareness, giving overall hate to the person intentionally exploiting this loophole derails the point of having a community that is able to behave, rationally and actively.
I wouldn't want to put people on a box, but certainly if I've been taught smth about life is that you have reputations to live up to.
-Reputation of yourself as an individual
-Reputation of your family who have raised you
-Reputation of the education you were put in
-Reputation of the community you take part in
just my 2 cents

QuaseT
06-22-2020, 05:30 AM
Theres a solution, the stash. Just carry as much gold with you as u need and u cant get scammed for more.

bedyns1
06-22-2020, 05:37 AM
So basically sts should ban everybody for selling somthing for how much they want to, if u dont like it. So i demaned to ban all people, who dont give stuff for free!!!!

Soyeonara
06-22-2020, 06:13 AM
At least, he speak up this matter. Besides, the developer could think the solution to tackle the solution and we tried to give possible suggestions and constructive arguments.

I think this way is better than people who defend these scammers, openly abuse people without limitation.

Roblox
06-22-2020, 06:16 AM
As the title says.

Honestly bro you shouldn’t be blaming sts for this..just imagine a system where you can only sell by what sts value the items by minimum amount?

Yeah...I will see you posting about them controlling what they want you selling items for. I just don’t understand you guys complain about a lot of stuff before you actually think about posting. It’s not hard to check before you buy something you really need to slow it down fam before they ban you and if checking on something before purchasing is that hard I honestly don’t think you should embarrass your self like this lol...

The man is literally selling for what he want..isn’t that the whole point of the auction to post for prices you want to sell your items for?

Smh.

Spooked
06-22-2020, 07:58 AM
So basically sts should ban everybody for selling somthing for how much they want to, if u dont like it. So i demaned to ban all people, who dont give stuff for free!!!!

I think you didnt fully grasp the post.
There is a huge difference between someone wanting to sell something for their own price, and someone openly running a scam tricking multiple players in losing all their gold and then proceeding to taunt them since StS wont do shet anyways.
"So i demaned to ban all people, who dont give stuff for free!!!"
What is that for weak attempt at an analogy?
Next time think before you post, and actually invest in the topic instead of jumping on the bandwagon.
Cheers

Spooked
06-22-2020, 08:03 AM
And yes, a regulated market wouldnt be great. Takes away one of AL's key components to being original.
But this does not mean others should be able to take advantage of the free market for their personal gain.
A punishment can bet set on people who do this on the regular, and foremost people who go as far as to clown on people they scammed.
Its a moral highground you only break when you either scam yourself, or feel no empathy for others -which is problematic-
A free market is great, But in no way should it be condoned to trick others into paying 20m for an awakening gem, regardless of the clumsiness.
I totally agree with the arguments against the buyer, yes they should be more careful, but does this mean its okay for people to scam? Because theyre" cunning"?
A scam is a scam, thats what it all boils down to
Ask yourself this: if this happens to you, would you respond the same?

ndrakolor
06-22-2020, 08:06 AM
Scam ? They only listing items for the price they want, it is up to you to buy it with that price or skip it dude,

Btw, list item by cheaper to highest price even in many pcs (bulk) still not showing 1 pc elite awaken for 20mil in top

ndrakolor
06-22-2020, 08:12 AM
U can try by listing use price/stack or price/unit and the 20mil one not showing up at the top,https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/3eef57c1020b112c2dc50c70265ca2d7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/a3a9b5557e75f386c3e97d812573fbb7.jpg

PatD
06-22-2020, 08:24 AM
I still think the best solution/punishment for that is to don't see ignore people in cs, they would think twice before doing something like that, imagine on the long run how hard it would be for them to sell stuff.

And maybe make an option to toggle on and off this feature.

ndrakolor
06-22-2020, 08:27 AM
THE ONLY SOLUTION U ALL WANTED IS "CONFIRM GOLD PURCHASES" like the "Confirm Platinum Purchases" on setting

But u cant rush buying item u all wanted, HAHAHAHAhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/b9d6fd05fd80b2fc378bad12c0feb163.jpg

Jausa
06-22-2020, 08:33 AM
U can try by listing use price/stack or price/unit and the 20mil one not showing up at the top,https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/3eef57c1020b112c2dc50c70265ca2d7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/a3a9b5557e75f386c3e97d812573fbb7.jpg

Sent from my SM-J701F using TapatalkPeople falling for it are people that buy in bulk&quickly. When normal priced gems run out, the overpriced-scamish ones will show up, and those unsuspecting players which might be tired or stressed end up buying them as well.

Best solution should just be to ban them.
STS should protect it's player base more, not only when it's convenient for them ( these situations of no action against these scammers are making people including me believe this ), instead of letting scammers like this roam around. If they aren't breaking any rules right now, STS should just introduce new rules that ban auction scamming.

Aegislegend
06-22-2020, 08:35 AM
I still think the best solution/punishment for that is to don't see ignore people in cs, they would think twice before doing something like that, imagine on the long run how hard it would be for them to sell stuff.

And maybe make an option to toggle on and off this feature.Exactly! We need this. Hope sts hears bout this

Remiem
06-22-2020, 08:40 AM
Hi all! Thanks for the good feedback here, and all of the suggestions for us and for remaining vigilant when making large purchases. :) I’m going to close this up, but leave the thread in case others may benefit.