PDA

View Full Version : Shamus Shamrock Ale 100% Re-Roll NOT WORKING

DiabolicScar
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
So i bought a Shamus Shamrock ale to aid in farming Mt. Fang and Alien Oasis 3 - I noticed that WHILE my SSA Elixer was active, monsters would drop items, and I wouldn't re-roll sometimes. WHY?? This is NOT 100%... and if there are exceptions to the rule, have them stated somewhere obvious so players can know the risk their taking when spending 20 platinum on an elixir that doesn't do what it says its supposed too. I have a few snap shots of me WITH the elixir ON and receiving an ITEM in the chat dialog above, obviously stating that I hadn't re-rolled when that item was dropped.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED or explained, is it a glitch?

My personal guess to whats happening here :

They have removed all other luck baring elixirs from the plat store, and in turn added a few, including the Shamus Shamrock Ale. When doing this, is it possible that the previous lucky lixer which gave 35% was just replaced with a new title "Shamus Shamrock Ale", and the percentage stat wasn't altered or properly altered to reflect a true 100% chance?

Either way people are losing money being told a lie.

SEE ATTACHED PICTURE

This shows "you" which is me, receiving the "Alien Staff of Fate". You can also see in the top left under my mana and health bar that I DO have an active shamus shamrock potion on, and in the text box above it doesn't say at all the I re-rolled for my item.

Lowlyspy
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
The reason why it didn't say you rerolled for another item is because you rolled that pink naturally so when it went to give your reroll it came up with an item less than pink so it gave you the better of the two.

As for mt fang, I wouldn't bother using a shamrock elixer there. Since the bosses and mobs don't have any purples in their drop table the best you will ever get is a green.

maiohwmai
02-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Lowly nailed it, and I'd like to ask you to read this.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?85-How-Luck-Enhancers-Work

You get the chance to reroll for one RARITY better. As Lowly said, there is no rarity level higher than that which you got.

DiabolicScar
02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I understand that. but....there have been more than a few instances in which my drop was not pink, and was not re-rolled. And thanks for the tip at Mt. Fang, wont be going there for that anymore!

When it happens again, I'll upload the pics.

zeusabe
02-13-2012, 06:36 AM
I experienced similar cases where shamus elixir doesn't work all the time. I've used it in all my characters at one point and the elixir is not 100%. I'm sure if I put in more time to this and spend a couple of plats, I can provide numerous screenshots showing a miss-reroll. I myself is a farmer, I'm aware of how rerolls work and aware of the rarity of items that are dropping in a dungeon, so I'm very particular bout this. I simply dismissed the issue and just brushed it off since 20plat may be too expensive anyway even if it's working properly. Seeing somebody raising the issue, I'm validating that this issue also happened to me on numerous occassions, in multiple maps, using different characters. I categorically say that shamus is not 100%, if challenged by screenshots showing successful rerolls of at least 20 consecutive loot including a skip of reroll should a pink drop on first loot, then I will go out of my way to conduct runs that will support my statement and provide screenies of that same map, and I will guarantee at least one miss reroll will occur.