PDA

View Full Version : Help with iPad?

Artentreri
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
So, I'm tryin to update my iPad, but it says that's gonna delete all my apps. How do I transfer them to my computer?

Skeletonlord
02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
What iOS version do you have? All you do is go settings, general, about, software update.

This transfer thing. That is called "sync". It "syncs" data with the computer. Just connect your iPad to your computer using the USB cable you should have got with it, install iTunes if you haven't already. Next, open it and when it says along the side the name of your iPad, if you called it anything, click file top left, then "Sync ......'s iPad". Your data, music, apps, will all be transferred to your computer.

Fyrce
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
If you look in the APP store, there's a section called Purchased. It has all of your apps that you have downloaded. As far as I know, updating your iPad does not delete your apps, but if it does, you can just re-install whatever you've already purchased.

(Though I did run into one iPad that obviously did not have a specific app, it was in the purchased list, but the Appstore insisted it was installed... Guess there are invisible installed apps....)

NECROREAPER
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
The best way is to aka a back up of your iPad.

T back it up,right click on iPad under "devices" on the left hand side, then on "back up" on the bottom. Once you've done that, go ahead and update/restore/jailbreak/etc. After completing your update, check to see if everything is back to normal on your iPad, if it isn't, click on your iPad and then on "restore from back up" under the "sync" button.

Artentreri
02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys, you rock.