PDA

View Full Version : Equipment/Weapons Help...

Illusionist
08-02-2010, 05:07 AM
I've been playing for a little while now but I'm concerned that my equipment and weapons aren't quite up to scratch.

Currently I have:

Elven Helmet of Wisdom - 3 Int, 3 Armor
Wizard's Forest Fire Staff - 50-62 Dam, 2.3 Speed, 2 Int, 1 M/s, 1 Armor
Thinker's Red Cloak - 1 Int, 1% Hit, 14 Armor

My stats are:

Lvl 17
Str 8
Dex 8
Int 80
Hit 85%
Crit 6
Dodge 0
Health 204
Regen 0
Mana 340
Regen 3
Dam 64-76
DPS 30
Arm 21

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advise as to whether this is bad, OK, good or whatever and some suggestions on how I can improve my character. I'm not against using some platinum or similar if needs be but naturally free stuff would be better. Does anyone have any comments, tips or equipment/weapon suggestions that would be good for my level?

(I guess at the moment my main feeling is that it takes too long between each shot from my staff (2.3s?) and when I get hit, my HP goes down quite quickly).

As an aside, I have a question with regards to items that are picked up during fights. Currently I just go to my character screen and sell the items for between 20-100-ish gold, depending upon the item. But is there a better way to get money for these? I obviously see people auctioning items and wonder if I should do the same. e.g. I currently have with me a Student's Desert Flame Staff (lvl 40, 127 Int, 86-90 dam, 2.3 speed, 1 dex, 1 int, 2 armor) which I can sell for 140 but is it worth much more than that?

My last question is about XP - it seems that for more mobs, I get around 1 or 2 XP per kill - when grouped - is that about right? Or should I be getting more?

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bloonigans
08-02-2010, 05:33 AM
About selling items, you won't be able to get a decent price on anything that isn't pink. So just sell anything u don't intend on using.

About your gear, try to get wizards gear that is around your lvl, to get the mana regen.

As an enchantress your health will fall quickly against any mobs, so try not to get aggro.

Hope this helps.

vulgarstrike
08-02-2010, 05:44 AM
liquidate if not pink. also, you don't need any str, and put way more into dex.

Royce
08-02-2010, 06:28 AM
liquidate if not pink. also, you don't need any str, and put way more into dex.

Do not liquidate purples at that level. You can get enough for them to buy pots, etc. As well a trade them to people who get purple drops you could use. Don't add Str, but be careful how much you spend on Dex rather than Int otherwise you won't be able to equip the best Int gear. I would also suggest using green Wizards items for the mana regen, and max out heal and lightning if you have not already.

Illusionist
08-02-2010, 06:29 AM
..try to get wizards gear that is around your lvl, to get the mana regen.Please forgive my ignorance but do you know of any specific items that would be good? And the "wizard's gear" you suggest buying - can I get that from drops, towne shop keepers, using platinum via the store or just in-game auctions?

Illusionist
08-02-2010, 06:32 AM
I would also suggest using green Wizards items for the mana regen, and max out heal and lightning if you have not already.The only items I have are the ones I've listed... And I forgot to mention the skills, currently I have 5 on heal, 5 on firestorm and 3 on drain life, with one on Frostbite, Lightning and Ressurect. (Is Lightning better than Firestorm?)

Yardsalez
08-02-2010, 08:04 AM
You can get money for selling purples but grays whites and oranges just liquidate. Try to sell pinks

reality_storm
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Lol I'm so jaded that I liquidate anything (including pinks) that aren't Thoth, Isis, Horus,etc. Premium items as it were and I've got so many Thoth staffs I'm thinking about liquidating those as no one is willing to buy right now.

Yardsalez
08-03-2010, 11:08 AM
if they are non thoth isis osirus you can still get some money like dreamers helm i sold for 7500 i keep getting them in plasma pyramid lol

Snakespeare
08-03-2010, 11:49 AM
You are level 17. People talking about pinks and liquidating are level 45. They are not giving you correct advice. At level 17... actually, at level 19 you will get some good items. Maybe you have, by now. Purples are good, and even many greens are good at level 19. Just hack away until that level and see what you can get.

The fire staves do good damage. Just look at what damage the bows and axes do at the same level and you'll see that you actually get good damage. And it's slow, yeah, but the DPS is higher, so overall you still gain. But it will be more effective if you do a few things... which you may know.

1. Stay behind a few bears and use your restore to keep their hp up while you shoot. The bad guys will drop like flies, even the red ones.
2. Learn your combos and watch for the signs of when to cast them. If a bear screams (red rings rising from him), throw a nightmare. Stuff like that.

It's all about teamwork in the middle levels.