PDA

View Full Version : Does it really matter?

trixie
02-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Ask yourself this question:
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Richard Carlson, writing in Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

How many times has something happened and it seemed to throw off your whole day? Well I had mine a few days ago. I let it really throw me off for a lot longer than I should have. If I had only stopped and said "will this really matter in a year?", then I might have gotten over it faster.

You know what no one is perfect. No one. No matter how hard you might try to be or try to appear to be, you never will be. And pefection, that's a might tall order to try to live up to. Don't strive for perfection becuase you will always let yourself down. Instead strive to be the best you can at whatever you decide to do.

I think this quote says it best:

"Never be afriad to try, remember.....Amateurs built the ark, Professionals built the Titanic"
-Author Unknown

Live your life for you because in the end you are the one that has to live with your descisions anyway!

MimeRifle
02-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Right on, Trix!!! I love the Ark/Titanic quote. :D

StompArtist
02-13-2012, 12:26 PM
“Do or do not... there is no try.”

Yoda

uwantaides
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Nice to see you back with your inspirational threads! Don't let those certain people who try to rain on your parade get you down! Just always remember haters are gonna hate. Keep it up! X(D

morfic
02-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Nice to see you back with your inspirational threads! Don't let those certain people who try to rain on your parade get you down! Just always remember haters are gonna hate. Keep it up! X(D

Haters gonna hate is my line.

It's works effectively both ways for me. It explains my eagerness to hate, and also explains why people begin to exert some hate on me.

Snakespeare
02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
nice thoughts, trixie, thanks

side comments:

It wasn't the professional builders who doomed the titanic, it was the bean counters. They would not provide enough funding to make each compartment able to be sealed, going against the design plans. If they had built is as planned, it would not have sunk. But the guys obsessed with short-term capital gain were given too much power. It happens so often, you'd think we'd have learned this by now.

Also, Utnapishtim’s Ark was built by drunken shipwrights, but the design was his own. He forced them to adhere to his designs. Here's a translation:
http://www.piney.com/Gil11.html

So the real lesson is, don't give in to short-term capital gains.

Aquilasoul
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Nice Motivating Quotes C:

Carth
02-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the thread Trixie! I'm currently having a bad day at school so this really helped. :)

Artentreri
02-13-2012, 12:46 PM
nice thoughts, trixie, thanks

side comments:

It wasn't the professional builders who doomed the titanic, it was the bean counters. They would not provide enough funding to make each compartment able to be sealed, going against the design plans. If they had built is as planned, it would not have sunk. But the guys obsessed with short-term capital gain were given too much power. It happens so often, you'd think we'd have learned this by now.

Also, Utnapishtim’s Ark was built by drunken shipwrights, but the design was his own. He forced them to adhere to his designs. Here's a translation:
http://www.piney.com/Gil11.html

So the real lesson is, don't give in to short-term capital gains.

Psh, stupid bean counters.

KillaIngs
02-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Haters gonna hate is my line.

I can put a cute spin on anything ;)

trixie
02-13-2012, 02:12 PM

I can put a cute spin on anything ;)

I love it Killa! :)

StompArtist
02-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't think there has ever been any "haters" on these. They are great and someone poked fun at them. Far from hating... more like a satire of the original idea. imo.

trixie
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't think there has ever been any "haters" on these. They are great and someone poked fun at them. Far from hating... more like a satire of the original idea. imo.

I dont think anyone ever said there were "haters" of this thread. (Sorry if I misread something)

There are "haters" in life in gerneral that always try to bring you down and rain on your parade. This was never meant or directed at anyone. Sorry if anyone took it personally. It was never meant that way at all. :)

StompArtist
02-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I dont think anyone ever said there were "haters" of this thread. (Sorry if I misread something)

There are "haters" in life in gerneral that always try to bring you down and rain on your parade. This was never meant or directed at anyone. Sorry if anyone took it personally. It was never meant that way at all. :)

:) Awesome!

Kiyoko
02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I like how you compared Ark with Titanic (: