PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends One-Player Mode

mateo
02-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I have an idea about an one-player mode of Star Legends.

That mode can be a kind of tutorial or a guide. In that mode, players can try the classes, their specificities and try to kill the typical enemies. They can attempt the skills and maybe other functions of SL, but in one-player. This may be designed for all players, especially for the new ones. So, with this, players can find all the information may they need to SL.

I think that may be usable, but this is only an idea.

If someone have an opinion of that, write a comment.

Ardon
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
As demo. It wouldn't work. Why try a "demo" when the full version is free.

As a game mode. It's a MMO, just doesn't work with the concept of a MMO

mateo
02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
that's true and I know that it is a MMO, but I said, that's only an idea

Snakespeare
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM
In fact, you can play the first five levels solo as it is, you only need to leave the place they send you and create your own locked game.

StompArtist
02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Perhaps have a practice mode for when offline and just don't give xp-gold-drops?

Commanderkeen
02-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Perhaps have a practice mode for when offline and just don't give xp-gold-drops?

Good idea but all info is keep online so that wouldn't work.

mateo
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
You've got it StompArtist!
That was my original idea, but I changed it. So that can be a tutorial, a guide or may be a practice mode as you said. That may be designed for all the players, but especially for the new players. So here, you can find all informations to play SL.

Commanderkeen, you won't need your info, that is keep online, because that will be only a tutorial, a guide.

I will edit the thread.

Ihavenokills
02-14-2012, 11:52 AM
This thread shoullldddd beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

-->Heeeeeeere (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?56-SL-Suggestions-and-Feedback)<--- for better feedback :D

Pm a dev to have it moved if you want better results.

Kanozaki
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
if there were to be a practice mode it would best work with PVP rather than PVE per say . Like its stated above you can solo some maps for practice.

Samhayne
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
As demo. It wouldn't work. Why try a "demo" when the full version is free.

As a game mode. It's a MMO, just doesn't work with the concept of a MMO

Pretty much why we won't be doing a demo or offline mode.

Gala-x
02-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe having the option to save a player file to your phone or computer and single player mode would be a result of exploring new places and try new things. saving the file would let you do things in single player mode. Then when the title screen pops up, one could say solo, and the other would say multiplayer . maybe leveling while on single player modes could work. but the platinum would be disabled for solo mode. I would actually really like to see a single player aspect to the game. really good for not being disconnected from servers all the time when going places. because alot of people (like me) get frustrated when getting disconnected all the time.

Gala-x
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM
and the player file would serve as the player for solo mode.

jaythebest
02-22-2012, 05:04 PM
nice idea but if that happens they might charge for d game and also typical is the real spelling not tipical lol spelling counts -1 mark
LOL

mateo
02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
really good for not being disconnected from servers all the time when going places. because alot of people (like me) get frustrated when getting disconnected all the time.

Yes, that's true and that's a good idea and I get frustrated when getting disconnected, too. :)

mateo
02-23-2012, 10:57 AM
nice idea but if that happens they might charge for d game and also typical is the real spelling not tipical lol spelling counts -1 mark
LOL

OK, all right, I made a mistake, but i fixed it. Thanks for drawing attention.

Sryyoulose
02-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Makes no sense... Guys can't get xp or gold or drops (Otherwise it could be hacked) can't talk to friends can't pvp can't get kills can't die can't DO ANYTHING! can't sell items... I mean guys come on here no point!

mateo
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Makes no sense... Guys can't get xp or gold or drops (Otherwise it could be hacked) can't talk to friends can't pvp can't get kills can't die can't DO ANYTHING! can't sell items... I mean guys come on here no point!

They can get kill and can die.

Gala-x
03-05-2012, 06:18 AM
look, we all just want an offline mode that keeps us entertained when were not playing multiplayer

Gala-x
03-05-2012, 06:19 AM
its gonna pretty much be a runthrough for the multiplayer part.

mateo
03-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Yes, Gala-x, that's true. We all want an offline mode to keep playing when we are travelling, etc.

Gala-x
03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Exactly. player files save to phone would also be a thing for the better. if we accidently deleted our character we could re-upload to get the character back. but yes,something like singleplayer. or something in options, underneath the start screen. that way we can switch between solo, and multi-play depending on our situation. Maybe even a few drops ONLY in single player mode. But yes, singleplayer would be a nice addition, besides a complete multiplayer mmo...well i guess its not an mmo if it has singleplayer...or maybe we can change its mmo aspect a little bit.

Gala-x
03-08-2012, 07:42 PM
ORR..there could be a practice mode...where you run through tons of levels (full pve aspect) with hordes of enimies. very similar to the levels of multiplayer. still, we would need to be able to save our player file to our phone...cause if that happens...we wont have to play as some ugly, low level randomized character. could also be an exclusive level for solo mode. Or solo mode could have the first, original levels when beta of SL was released. Well what everyones trying to say, is they like this because:
A: were tired of getting disconnected all the time
B: so its not as laggy, and cruddy when we dont have wifi on.
C: We wanna play an awesome game on the go, rather than at home.
D: Devs...your player base would sky rocket and more money will be raked in...
E: We simply want something singleplayer.

Thats all. i hope i got all your points through.
P.S: we dont earn exp in solo mode. (only for exploration)
P.S.S: keep player file both on phone, and a back up online, and could give an option to download player.

spcmarblasto
03-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Something needs to b done. Way to hard without co-op. I know it's a MMO but, when I can't beat the Whacked-out Juicer @ lvl 5 Commando cause no1 else wants to stay long enuff to get thru it then the game bcomes ridiculously hard & frustrating. Or, they just stand there with their thumb up their butt & do nothing. I used all my stimpacks trying to stay in the game & lost everything. EPIC FAIL!!!! I want my stimpacks back or better weapons-armor for loot. Deleting this whole account. Waste of my ****ing time.

Samhayne
03-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey Spcmarblasto,

Sorry to hear you had a rough time with the Juicer. You might be interested to know that the difficulty of the early levels in Star Legends is being revised and will be adjusted to be a bit easier (and smooth out issues like what you describe with the Juicer). Look for patch notes in the near future.