PDA

View Full Version : Boss Damage - Mage Class

Trolzerkeinstein
06-25-2020, 05:56 AM
Greetings yall.

Any mage mains out there who have a lot of boss damage (80-100%+)?
If yes, is it worth getting more boss damage?

I currently have stat 5.7k dmg and 30% boss damage (without pet boss dmg bonus), and I don't feel any significant change in my damage to the bosses at all. Furthermore, does boss damage apply when we proc our weapons and gears too?

I want to get some info before I invest my gold into boss damage gears or pets, please drop them down below! Thank you! :)

Encryptions
06-25-2020, 06:31 AM
I was told by futu that bd does work on procs. So forumula is (Current damage * Boss Damage percent + 100%) 100% is the start so with 100 bd its 200% damage vs bosses. Reason you add 100% is because if you don't then you would do something like 50k * .5 and get 25k which is the added damage. Instead of the full damage 50k(1.5)=75k.
If you have bd and want to know how much it helps during procs or no procs. Just don't include the 100% base stat, so 50bd on 60k damage is 30k damage more to bosses. I am using bd on my warrior with str and it helps a lot.
While testing bd it will be hard due to mitigation on bosses. Me Marroos and Jairrus were getting confused that bd wasn't working for us, I had little over 100bd vs gates boss; my damage was 106k base stat with 100bd but I was hitting for 78k damage. Marroos got 155bd and made 226k dmg but was hitting 150k on bosses. Spoke to futu and he said its working fine for him then mentioned bosses have mitigation in those maps which reduce our damage.

Trolzerkeinstein
06-25-2020, 07:09 AM
Ahh, so bosses have some damage mitigation. That was the hidden factor for the odd low dmg I am doing to the bosses.
Thank you for the clarification!

I appreciate it. :)

Deathlyreaper
06-25-2020, 08:33 AM
I was told by futu that bd does work on procs. So forumula is (Current damage * Boss Damage percent + 100%) 100% is the start so with 100 bd its 200% damage vs bosses. Reason you add 100% is because if you don't then you would do something like 50k * .5 and get 25k which is the added damage. Instead of the full damage 50k(1.5)=75k.
If you have bd and want to know how much it helps during procs or no procs. Just don't include the 100% base stat, so 50bd on 60k damage is 30k damage more to bosses. I am using bd on my warrior with str and it helps a lot.
While testing bd it will be hard due to mitigation on bosses. Me Marroos and Jairrus were getting confused that bd wasn't working for us, I had little over 100bd vs gates boss; my damage was 106k base stat with 100bd but I was hitting for 78k damage. Marroos got 155bd and made 226k dmg but was hitting 150k on bosses. Spoke to futu and he said its working fine for him then mentioned bosses have mitigation in those maps which reduce our damage.

Does ur formula include the dmg elixirs and stacking elixirs as current dmg? Or is that just pure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Encryptions
06-25-2020, 08:35 AM
Does ur formula include the dmg elixirs and stacking elixirs as current dmg? Or is that just pure

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think it works with dmg elix too since that when I use a dmg elixir in evg I can notice a big difference in the damage I do to bosses.

Sent from my Armor_6E using Tapatalk