PDA

View Full Version : Will DL work on 1st gen iPad?

Fuzzyslips
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
So I've been really wanting to get an iPad lately and my cousin is willing to sell me his 1st gen for a good deal. But I was wondering if DL will work on it. And if not should I get an iPad 2 or wait for the iPad 3?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

dugantale
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Ipads arent always the best, ur stuck with one market n such, cant do as much customization as tablets, I would look in to getting a tablet p.s. There also cheaper and some run better the ipads, just my oppionon :)

Commanderkeen
02-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Here's what sam said about the ipad 1.

We haven't announced specific requirements of the game. However, I can say that the art team is turning out some awesome looking stuff that will likely need some good horsepower to run. I don't know that the iPad1 is one of the devices we currently support that might not have enough horsepower. I think devices that fall in the "lack of horsepower" camp are old 2nd generation iPhones and iPod touches, for example.

Fuzzyslips
02-13-2012, 11:34 PM
@dugantale
Thanks for the info, gonna do some research on some tablets now and compare

@commanderkeen
Thanks for that, guess just gotta hold and see what happens

dugantale
02-13-2012, 11:36 PM
@dugantale
Thanks for the info, gonna do some research on some tablets now and compare

@commanderkeen
Thanks for that, guess just gotta hold and see what happens

No problem man

RedRyder
02-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Uhh never downplay the almighty iPad. The android market isnt secure at all, the apps are just better too if that's what you're aiming for. You're better off waiting for the iPad 3; I hear it comes out the first week of march.

Deathpunch
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Asus Transformer. That is all.

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Fuzzyslips
02-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Uhh never downplay the almighty iPad. The android market isnt secure at all, the apps are just better too if that's what you're aiming for. You're better off waiting for the iPad 3; I hear it comes out the first week of march.

Thanks red, hopefully the rumors about the release date are true and it releases soon.

Skeletonlord
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM

I will find the release date with more infomation. I would personally wait for that also because it is bound to run on it, because of its graphics and memory.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-3-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-937498

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9081491/Apple-to-announce-iPad-3-on-March-7.html

There isnt a official apple page for it yet, but these websites will probably tell you more about it.

Fuzzyslips
02-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I will find the release date with more infomation. I would personally wait for that also because it is bound to run on it, because of its graphics and memory.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-3-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-937498

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9081491/Apple-to-announce-iPad-3-on-March-7.html

There isnt a official apple page for it yet, but these websites will probably tell you more about it.

Thanks skeleton lord, some very interesting info

Aculeas
02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
You should get whatever works best for you. If you do end up going with the iPad you're gonna have to wait until the droid market has had first crack at the game and worked out all the bugs for you apple users whom I know enjoy everything neat and orderly. Where as we droid gamers prefer the mayhem!

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Crap, I've got an iPad 1, and I'm too broke to go get another one. Does that mean I'm stuck playing on my droidx? :cower:

RedRyder
02-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes it does :(

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
So lame. I dunno if I'll be able to play it then, I hate playing pretty much anything on my phone besides pokemon.

Cool4ever100
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I heard someone stating that it will need a lot of " horse power" to run the program so my guess is no