PDA

View Full Version : JailbreakMe 2.0 - Jailbreak anything (including iOS4)

flaimdude
08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
All you have to do is go to jailbreakme.com (http://www.jailbreakme.com) on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and it will jailbreak it. The best part? Doesn't matter what OS or device. :) Forsrs, it's amazing. @Comex is brilliant.

Banned
08-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Holy phail whale. This is simply amazing.

Rarefew
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
What is supposed to happen when it is jailbroke

FluffNStuff
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
What is supposed to happen when it is jailbroke

It becomes AWESOME!!! It bakes you cookies!!! It buys you beer!! It tells you that dress does look great on you!! It agrees your mother in law is crazy!!

Wait, what was the question?

OK, seriously, it removes the lock Apple puts in place to prevent you from installing unapproved applications.

Rebel
08-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Just make sure to sync your iPod to your computer before the jailbreak. Just in case it mist be restored. Anyway, I'll un-jailbreak my iPod and try out this one. I used blackra1n before so if there is one that does it on the actual iPod that'd be great! If anyone else has tried this, let me know howit worked.

Rebel
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry for the double post but...

I restored my iPod to remove my blackra1n jailbreak. I then used this new jailbreaker. The only thing k saw that it did was turn off my iPod and then turn it back on... Was it supposed to add cydia or what? I'll wait for an answer before I go download blackra1n again.

Darkchylde
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
yea its awsome i jailbroke my 3g last nite, first i updated to 4.0.1 then i restored it with a backup on itunes then if you hav rock which is way better than cydia which i did you can backup your device then restore your back up from rock and boom you got every thing back i first jailbroke mine a few weeks ago with redsnow but i had a few problems but i have had none with jailbreakme so far, i bought a iphone 4 but i am waiting for it when i get it you can bet im jailbreakin it too ,,you can have a iphone r you can jailbreak it and have a myphone jus go to youtube ther is a wealth of info on ther bout jailbreaking plus it's legal now he he

ps if you jailbreak jus go do a search on cydia for rock

Kurlz
08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
thanks for the link...i havent used it yet but i will as soon as i can get to my girlfriends house so i can back up my ipod...once i do jailbreak it tho, i will be sure to post again for some feedback (if i remember, that is)

vulgarstrike
08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
are you serious? too afraid to try, I will sync and test soon

Violentsaint
08-05-2010, 02:49 AM
my friend has a jailbroken ipod touch, and its verry laggy and buggy, but he does have cool wallpapers on his homepage behind all the apps ;)

jonboy
08-05-2010, 03:13 AM
No problems so far for me.

flaimdude
08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
JailbreakMe is, by far, the smoothest jailbreak I've ever done (and smoother than other ones I've seen, like blackra1n). Apart from installing some apps that only run on 3.x and causing it to go into safe mode, it has NEVER crashed. That is amazing, because when I jailbroke with Spirit it crashed on a regular basis.

Also, I AM gonna be writing a jailbreaking guide for iOS 4. Stay tuned! :D

EDIT:

ps if you jailbreak jus go do a search on cydia for rock
Ew, Rock. :p To each his own, I guess. But no Rock for me. XD

EDIT2: Also, for people who are wondering what it does, all it does at the start (when you jailbreak) is install Cydia. Cydia is kinda like the App Store, but with more stuff. What happens next (customizing themes, special apps, mods, etc.) is up to you. ;D

Kurlz
08-05-2010, 05:33 PM
ok...ive tried it like three times and it jus keeps crashing...any idea why? it restarts and takes like tem minutes to turn back on, everything is the same...no cydia or anything...i have iOS 3.1.3...think that has something to do with it? please help if possible

Barbamitsos
08-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Dude after i get cydia how will i download instalus?

KingFu
08-09-2010, 08:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRW1fncrm_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH47f9NqVi4

Those two videos helped me a lot to get installous before. Is this jailbreak untethered? I remember blackra1n had a 5% chance of your iPod crashing, does this? Is it worth it? Do I have to restore my iPod before the jailbreak? Because I didn't with blackra1n ;)

jonboy
08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Back up your device before hand if you want to, but I really have not had a problem, keep in mind I chose and installed only one winterboard theme and a few other things so havn't gone crazy, it is worth it just to turn off the usage tracking.

KingFu
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Is it untethered?

Barbamitsos
08-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Whats unthetered

FluffNStuff
08-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Is it untethered?

Yes, it is actually completely safari based ON the device.

KingFu
08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Some jailbreak software require you to plug your iPod into your computer and run the software to turn it on. I would doubt it since this software requires no computer so it must be untethered. Meaning you can turn the device on and off without having to run the software. Is it safe?

Barbamitsos
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Flaimdude ty so much. Its awesome!

Potawto
08-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow it's just so hard to believe it actually works. It's freakin awesome!

flaimdude
08-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Flaimdude ty so much. Its awesome!

Wow it's just so hard to believe it actually works. It's freakin awesome!

Lol you're welcome. XD

Kurlz
08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
ok...i gave up on usin jailbreakme because after tryin a few more times i fund out that its for iOS 4.0 only...so instead i went to spiritjb.com and did it that way...spirit is also untethered for those that are concerned about that...i would advise backing up ur ipod before hand, seeing as, like mentioned above, it is a bit buggy...but otherwise its great...

ps. anybody know how to get games for the genesis4iphone app? i got it on cydia, but i cant figure out how to get games...

pps. just so u know, using any jailbreak voids ur warranty, so if u tend to need to send in ur ipod or whatever ur usin for repairs, dont jailbreak cuz then ur completely f***ed

flaimdude
08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
ps. anybody know how to get games for the genesis4iphone app? i got it on cydia, but i cant figure out how to get games...

pps. just so u know, using any jailbreak voids ur warranty, so if u tend to need to send in ur ipod or whatever ur usin for repairs, dont jailbreak cuz then ur completely f***ed

1) You have to download ROMs for it, then SSH them into your ipod. :) doperoms.com is good.
2) Actually, even after you jailbreak you can restore back to your original settings and you're all good, the tech people will never be able to tell it was jailbroken.

RiaXephere
08-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah this jailbreak is untethered. I've tried it personally, its simply amazing. As i did it when it just came out, the website "jailbreakme.com" was very laggy, and i used "jailbreakme.modmyi.com".

FluffNStuff
08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah this jailbreak is untethered. I've tried it personally, its simply amazing. As i did it when it just came out, the website "jailbreakme.com" was very laggy, and i used "jailbreakme.modmyi.com".

If you update to 4.02, it stops this.

Kurlz
08-14-2010, 01:06 AM
1) You have to download ROMs for it, then SSH them into your ipod. :) doperoms.com is good.
2) Actually, even after you jailbreak you can restore back to your original settings and you're all good, the tech people will never be able to tell it was jailbroken.

ok...thanks...i think ill jus go without the sega games on my ipod cuz im not sure bout the SSHing...i was really hopin i cound jus find em on cydia or rock...oh well

and as far as warrantys, if u happen to mess somethin up to the point where ur computer wont register the ipod, or you mess around with the SBSettings app from cydia, the tech ppl can tell it was jailbroken...seein as if itunes cant find ur ipod u cant restore, and usin SBSettings actualy alters the programing of the ipod, not jus programs on it...

Kurlz
08-14-2010, 01:09 AM
oh also, any Fallout 3 fans on here? my ipod is now a pip-boy... 8D
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad5/bones4179/ed0795da.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad5/bones4179/f1309440.jpg

amazing? i think so.