PDA

View Full Version : My Experience with PL and SL

Silentarrow
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
On June 22nd, I recieved an Ipod Touch for my birthday, I was looking for a game that would compare to World of Warcraft and Runescape, when I typed in "MMORPG" into the app store I found Pocket Legends and downloaded it immediatly. Truthfully, I registered under my spam email and started playing. I didn't really enjoy the game too much at first and deleted it. The next day I decided I would give it a second shot and played it more and more. I loved Forest Haven, I loved my birds blast shot killing multiple zombies and loved kiting meat head. After clearing Forest Haven I decided that I didn't want to pay for the bonus content and deleted the app again.

Several weeks later, I downloaded Pocket Legends again and registered under a real E-mail, this time planning on buying a couple campaigns. I bought about 10 platinum (2$ at the time) and bought a couple campaigns (the game used to not be as pricey, no offence STS :)). I played through these campaigns constantly starting and restarting characters, unwilling to re-spec and to buy an extra charecter slot. I did this for about 2 months, getting up to level 45, not liking my build, restarting. I know it sounds stupid, but HEY! I had fun!

Then I decided that I was going to stick to one character, I made a character named Arkanemage and played through all of the campaigns I owned, I had a great time grinding and trying to loot pinks. I played up to AO3and got to level 50. A friend told me about the forums so I decided to check them out. I saw some of Ellyidol's bear guides and decided to make a second character by the name of Arkanestorm, when I got to about level 30 I saw another archer by the name of Arcanestorm, I decided that I wanted a more original name so I deleted my character and made a bear by the name of Silentslash. I played on Silentslash through the Alien Oasis series then I decided to make a forum account. I read up on the GOA's (I regret this ;)) and immediatly felt like I NEEDED to be one, I had the TOS memorised and was a "STS Fan Boy :)". I policed the forums (yes I Regret this! :)) and policed in game.

As Star Legends got closer I started to play Pocket Legends less and less leaving my bear at level 55, I rarely ever got on Pocket Legends but I still posted on the forums oftenly. I waited months for Star Legends and was so excited! I wanted to become one of the first "legends" of Star Legends!

Finnally, Star Legends hit the app store, I downloaded it in the first ten minutes it was released, and I loved it! I played on my Operative for hours and was a pretty successful merchant. By the time I hit level 25, Slouch-o was released and I farmed there up to level 30, and I looted a Vanity! I was pretty wealthy and bought myself a custom set! I started to get bored of Slouch-o and played less and less, eventually becoming "inactive".

When the shipyard was released I started to become very active again, playing as much as 5 hours a day. Eventually hitting level 36. Then... STS lost some of my "fan boy love" when they released luck enhancers, I hated these! I had no desire to farm at all when all I saw were people using these. At this time, I hardly played at all. Then, STS made another choice that lost more of my fan boy love making the winter festival cost 2 plat per entry, this was just absurd to me sence I am a "non plat player".

With the release of Voloria, I started to get back into SL some more but not too much (I had downloaded O&C). I reached level 37 and became inactive again, (although I still was very active on the forums).

As days passed, I started playing less and less and now am officially inactive, I view the forums about once a day, but never get on in game.

I plan on coming back when Dark Legends is released but for now, I will still be inactive.

Thanks for the times STS and the community!

-Silent

Swords
02-13-2012, 10:33 PM
On June 22nd, I recieved an Ipod Touch for my birthday, I was looking for a game that would compare to World of Warcraft and Runescape, when I typed in "MMORPG" into the app store I found Pocket Legends and downloaded it immediatly. Truthfully, I registered under my spam email and started playing. I didn't really enjoy the game too much at first and deleted it. The next day I decided I would give it a second shot and played it more and more. I loved Forest Haven, I loved my birds blast shot killing multiple zombies and loved kiting meat head. After clearing Forest Haven I decided that I didn't want to pay for the bonus content and deleted the app again.

Several weeks later, I downloaded Pocket Legends again and registered under a real E-mail, this time planning on buying a couple campaigns. I bought about 10 platinum (2$ at the time) and bought a couple campaigns (the game used to not be as pricey, no offence STS :)). I played through these campaigns constantly starting and restarting characters, unwilling to re-spec and to buy an extra charecter slot. I did this for about 2 months, getting up to level 45, not liking my build, restarting. I know it sounds stupid, but HEY! I had fun!

Then I decided that I was going to stick to one character, I made a character named Arkanemage and played through all of the campaigns I owned, I had a great time grinding and trying to loot pinks. I played up to AO3and got to level 50. A friend told me about the forums so I decided to check them out. I saw some of Ellyidol's bear guides and decided to make a second character by the name of Arkanestorm, when I got to about level 30 I saw another archer by the name of Arcanestorm, I decided that I wanted a more original name so I deleted my character and made a bear by the name of Silentslash. I played on Silentslash through the Alien Oasis series then I decided to make a forum account. I read up on the GOA's (I regret this ;)) and immediatly felt like I NEEDED to be one, I had the TOS memorised and was a "STS Fan Boy :)". I policed the forums (yes I Regret this! :)) and policed in game.

As Star Legends got closer I started to play Pocket Legends less and less leaving my bear at level 55, I rarely ever got on Pocket Legends but I still posted on the forums oftenly. I waited months for Star Legends and was so excited! I wanted to become one of the first "legends" of Star Legends!

Finnally, Star Legends hit the app store, I downloaded it in the first ten minutes it was released, and I loved it! I played on my Operative for hours and was a pretty successful merchant. By the time I hit level 25, Slouch-o was released and I farmed there up to level 30, and I looted a Vanity! I was pretty wealthy and bought myself a custom set! I started to get bored of Slouch-o and played less and less, eventually becoming "inactive".

When the shipyard was released I started to become very active again, playing as much as 5 hours a day. Eventually hitting level 36. Then... STS lost some of my "fan boy love" when they released luck enhancers, I hated these! I had no desire to farm at all when all I saw were people using these. At this time, I hardly played at all. Then, STS made another choice that lost more of my fan boy love making the winter festival cost 2 plat per entry, this was just absurd to me sence I am a "non plat player".

With the release of Voloria, I started to get back into SL some more but not too much (I had downloaded O&C). I reached level 37 and became inactive again, (although I still was very active on the forums).

As days passed, I started playing less and less and now am officially inactive, I view the forums about once a day, but never get on in game.

I plan on coming back when Dark Legends is released but for now, I will still be inactive.

Thanks for the times STS and the community!

-Silent

The first part was same as me! runescape and Wow, looking for an app that would be even better! MMOrpg search and PL came up!

Silentarrow
02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
The first part was same as me! runescape and Wow, looking for an app that would be even better! MMOrpg search and PL came up!

Lol, I was looking for a replacement rather than something better! WOW was pricey!

Btw, I have not quit the forums guys, just a little less active!

Swampy
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
I deleted the app at first too lol. But somehow i decided to reinstall!

MightyMicah
02-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Silent, add me when DL comes out! I plan to play that possibly as a replacement for PL. I'd love to get to know you in game sometime!

Oh and I love your story! Everytime someone posts something like this I read it everytime! Makes me sad though :(

Piosidon
02-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Remember the old tutorials and FH? So much has changed in this past year. I remember Ozz used sell some plat gear for gold, the tutorials were awesome (I especially loved the bird one), and I remember there was a glitch or something that allowed you to type pms in blue letters. I MISS IT ALL!!!

Zaltiar
02-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Hm, what would this mean for the curren tournaments that have not started? :(

Silentarrow
02-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Hm, what would this mean for the curren tournaments that have not started? :(

I'll still manage them, as I haven't quit the forums :).

Cahaun
02-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Remember the old tutorials and FH? So much has changed in this past year. I remember Ozz used sell some plat gear for gold, the tutorials were awesome (I especially loved the bird one), and I remember there was a glitch or something that allowed you to type pms in blue letters. I MISS IT ALL!!!
I miss it soo much! And there were flaming axes in Ursan Weald for gold also, and elixers were overlooked until the sewers because the game became unsolo-able! I miss you Orbs of Nature! :(

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:13 AM
It'd suck if u didn't decide to come back the second day:/ that would be sad:(

Silentarrow
02-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Silent, add me when DL comes out! I plan to play that possibly as a replacement for PL. I'd love to get to know you in game sometime!

Oh and I love your story! Everytime someone posts something like this I read it everytime! Makes me sad though :(

Will do Mime!