PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Alright I make posts, they get ignored. Someone makes a similar post, almost 30 people's including me go to it. It's that I'm bad at posting and you guys are thinkin, "JUGER sucks" now.... I don't know why it capitalized JUGER but I have to take a break from forums... From posting. I'm tired of this being ignored. You guys will know what I mean when there are only 3 people in forums. Ive never had 5 of more people in one of my posts. Sad? While everyone else gets attention.. Yea, I try my best to get at least some attention but, I'm wasting my time. This is not a rant. It's a goodbye. Delete this post and I'll certainly feel the likings. Yea, it's likely to happen. It's my birthday and I'm talking to myself..... For the ignorance!

Ps- I go into every post that's at home and sometimes browse the forum section.

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Main idea is I'm not making anymore posts>:/

adidaman
02-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Sometimes only the more interesting posts get viewed. And often (no one likes to admit it), there is a bit of fame involved in it. If you're a well know poster who is a forum legend, or a new member, who is more likely to get more posts on a thread? Just hang on there, juger. You'll have your time to shine :p

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
:/ I'm not famous... Just a person. What makes. It. Fame. It. I. Guess I. L.oset. Loseg. Lodge. Loser**. I o. U. Me. Them.

Not interesting or famous:/ I'm one mighty sucking soldier who marched up and... What comes up must come down. I hit the floor real hard...

Ur right!!!!!!!!! D; that's why no one likes me and there's nothing I can do to make them like me!!!!!!!!;( forever noob... And I thought everyone was special. I'm just the exception....

Econodeath
02-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Im sorry you feel that way. I hate seeing someone sad.
I don't remember seeing many of your posts to be honest, but im not a forum hound.
I don't express myself well in words so I don't post much. I also don't have the knowledge
in game many others do. I play alot considering my work schedule and family time, but
I must admit I am more in it for the fun than to know or try to remember every part of the game.
If it makes you feel better I will search all of your posts and comment on every one. That is not being
sarcastic by the way. I really hate seeing people sad unless they are bad people. I don't know you so
I can't say your a bad person. Try to smile. I find when your smiling others will come and smile with you.
When your sad most people besides your close friends will simply walk away. Cheer up. Ill smile with you
even if your sad and frustrated.

By the way I'm a pretty princess. Not an elf....
See just laugh at me.
hhahhaahahhahaa

adidaman
02-14-2012, 07:21 AM
You're not a noob. You just haven't had that golden moment post yet, but you will eventually. You'll have that one thread that's controversial enough to gain attention, and you'll feel the glory. Also, this "fame" is not just all about your post count (keep that in mind). Voice your input on different subjects, and try and answer people's questions. This will guarantee a good spot in the forums (:

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Im sorry you feel that way. I hate seeing someone sad.
I don't remember seeing many of your posts to be honest, but im not a forum hound.
I don't express myself well in words so I don't post much. I also don't have the knowledge
in game many others do. I play alot considering my work schedule and family time, but
I must admit I am more in it for the fun than to know or try to remember every part of the game.
If it makes you feel better I will search all of your posts and comment on every one. That is not being
sarcastic by the way. I really hate seeing people sad unless they are bad people. I don't know you so
I can't say your a bad person. Try to smile. I find when your smiling others will come and smile with you.
When your sad most people besides your close friends will simply walk away. Cheer up. Ill smile with you
even if your sad and frustrated.

By the way I'm a pretty princess. Not an elf....
See just laugh at me.
hhahhaahahhahaa :/ :~/ eh aaaachoooooo!!>.< :) don't try going to my posts. They get deleted. But thx!:)

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Excluding myself thank you three for being my posters... Maybe I'll get the golden post soon.. Or I'll stay gray. I should be luck like wounded eagle or bilaxman .

adidaman
02-14-2012, 07:49 AM
No problem, just keep what we said in mind. You've got potential, so use it.

Econodeath
02-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I personally believe what adidaman is telling you is correct.
And I like the fact you laughed at me..... LOL
Remember smiles are fun. Everyone deserves to have fun!
Im happy if I could at least bring that to the table for you to snack on.
Keep smiling bud!!!!

WoundedEagle
02-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Bro, don't talk like that. You're cool, trust me. One of my first threads was favorite music to listen to while playing :/ just spark up the forums. Do something crazy cool ;)

Walkhardd
02-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Jugs..can I call you jugs? :O..I know you in game, and I'm here to tell you that ur one cool arse dude! ;) happy bday brotha! (its mine too!) Keep your chin up!

P.s go white girls, go black girls, go tall girls, go fat girls.

Fao
02-14-2012, 09:56 AM
I love everyones post! Don't get all angry, because lots of people look at yours, but they might not post. Look at all these people encouraging you to stay! This means you are important and us forumers don't want to see you go!

morfic
02-14-2012, 10:03 AM
This is a difficult decision for me. I try my hardest to ensure that I never post in any of your threads. I have your name blacklisted. But in this particular instance I have decided to post in this nobody's thread, just to state that I do ignore your threads. But at the same time of doing so, I am NOT ignoring your threads. GAHHHHHH

You just tricked me into posting in a thread of yours, which I originally made a point not to. Shenanigans.

Roc
02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I posted on the SL forum and got ignored...but I just take it in stride, there are highs and lows in forum visibility :). I know I don't post on people's threads if I don't have anything new to add, so I never post on PvP threads because I don't PvP.

Imsebastiaanl
02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Uuuuuuhuuuuu is a weird name for such a post... But I dnt ignore u lol

NECROREAPER
02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
"everyone gets a trophy" generation.

Sorry to say bud, but that's just how life is. If you're sad about you're posts getting not being popular on a forum, just wait till you apply for a job, where you turn in dozens of applications and *no one* calls you back. Such is life.

Best way to deal with things like this is to suck it up. Learn from it, see what you're doing wrong or try to see what you're *not* doing, and comeback stronger and with a drive to succeed. Too many kids, actually even teenagers and adults nowadays have this entitled mindset, like they're entitled to something. When they don't get that attention that they thought they *deserved*, they cry and rage quit.

Like I said, suck it up and try harder the next time.

Late
02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Make a good title

morfic
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Make friends

adidaman
02-14-2012, 03:51 PM
1. Think of a good thread
2. Put into action
3. ????
4. Profit

Suentous PO
02-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I distinctly remember you crackin me up before. Don't sweat it, just have fun, sitting at the "cool kids" table isn't a big deal.

Econodeath
02-14-2012, 04:29 PM
There is a cool kids table.
Man I knew there was something wrong when I was sitting by myself at lunch.
Oh wait i sat in my car so I could play Pl.....
LOL forget it.

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Cool kids table? Lol funny ;D I feel a bit touched.

OvigorothO
02-14-2012, 04:51 PM
What?!? When i c ur name and c ur posts i thought u were a legend :O

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Legend?! I don't even know how to change the forum name! I wish I could make a new acc... To late for that

Bilaxman
02-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Excluding myself thank you three for being my posters... Maybe I'll get the golden post soon.. Or I'll stay gray. I should be luck like wounded eagle or bilaxman .

I believe the key thing to get people to look at your posts is to have an interesting title. I just joined the forums last month and I realized the title is a key part. Besides that, I have made many posts and sometimes there have just been one response and that's it. It takes some time for people to hear your name and want to hear about what you write. For that to happen, you just have to make friends in game and on the forums and post in the dev threads. Just because people don't respond to your thread doesn't mean your posts are meaningless. The timing of when you are writing your posts is another factor. Avoid making a post late at night or very early in the morning. People usually won't read these (because no one will be online) and there will be people that make new posts later on in the morning. This will cause your late night/very early morning thread to fall behind them and "disappear". I have found that the best time to write a thread is during the office hours of STS. There are usually a lot of people on at that time and you are bound to get someone to look at your threads. The KEY thing is to be an active player. If you want people to hear and know your name, take part in competitions and post useful things that people might actually want to know. Also, become friends with the "known" people and don't get frustrated if they don't accept.

For some people it is super easy to get "known". For some, it is a difficult task. Keep in mind, time is also helpful. If you look at WE, he joined in the beginning of PL. He's been here much longer than I have. For that reason, WE is known much better than myself.

My main point is, be nice, be active, post things that people will find useful, and most importantly, don't get frustrated if you don't get where you want to be quickly. It will take some time.

I hope you find this helpful.

Bilaxman

Appleisaac
02-14-2012, 05:15 PM
hmm? sorry what did you say jugger? i wasnt listening XD jk jk if you want to be noticed then post useful stuff (unlike me)

darkmagesun
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
its just a website calm down

adidaman
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Hint 4a- Don't post 3 pages like bilaxman just did.

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey bilaxman!:D

Bilaxman
02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Hint 4a- Don't post 3 pages like bilaxman just did.

Way to exaggerate. :) That is another thing I should mention. Avoid writing in huge amounts of text. People will get lazy and forget about reading and responding to your thread. If you have a lot to say, break it up and make it easy to read. Don't overwhelm people with a enormous block of text. This will scare people.

Bilaxman
02-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey bilaxman!:D

Hello!

NotYoCookiez
02-14-2012, 06:20 PM
I actually thought you were someone famous!!

I feel like a peasant when I read your post man!

Happy Birthday, I hope you enjoy it and don't let something as little as this get to you.
:D

Whirlzap
02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
:/ I'm not famous... Just a person. What makes. It. Fame. It. I. Guess I. L.oset. Loseg. Lodge. Loser**. I o. U. Me. Them.

Not interesting or famous:/ I'm one mighty sucking soldier who marched up and... What comes up must come down. I hit the floor real hard...

Ur right!!!!!!!!! D; that's why no one likes me and there's nothing I can do to make them like me!!!!!!!!;( forever noob... And I thought everyone was special. I'm just the exception....

Just make more jokes, troll a bit, post some screenshots of your warbird and you're fine.
People just think you're too serious sometimes

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 06:55 PM
its just a website calm down
Thx!:D you've gave me the best advice today... The worst by far xD

FOR THE WIN!

Pixer
02-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Many of your posts have helped me. I am just not one to make many comments to anyone's posts. I am sure there are others like me, who have appreciated what you had to say but didn't have anything useful to post in response. I hope you don't quit posting on the forums. Happy Birthday! :encouragement:

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Now i get the point u don't gotta keep posting but thx. This is most posts ever gotten:)

adidaman
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM

Just make more jokes, troll a bit, post some screenshots of your warbird and you're fine.
People just think you're too serious sometimes

I think I'm covered in most of those areas.

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Out of my thread now

XghostzX
02-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Jug, you're one of the coolest guys I've met. FIRST of all I wish you a happy birthday. Second of all, you're very well respected. Don't get down on yourself, I feel this too. There definitely is this "fame factor" but it's only natural to us to read words of the wisdom from old players we know. Keep making those post (don't over post, but you know what I mean) and you'll make a name for yourself... even though in my opinion you have always had a name for yourself and have always been well respected.

adidaman
02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Out of my thread now

You got what you asked for :p. Fame isn't always as great as ya think.

StompArtist
02-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Just be yourself and you'll eventually grow on people. Don't worry about replies and stuff. Its a forum about a video game not a race for President of the USA. Lol

OvigorothO
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Legend?! I don't even know how to change the forum name! I wish I could make a new acc... To late for thatim not even joking u always leave wise orfunny comments so i thiught u were pro

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Who changed it to I'm leaving?!?!!!!?!

adidaman
02-14-2012, 09:16 PM

I was wondering the same thing... I was confused.

Cahaun
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't know. If you chose to stay which I really want you to, you can always change it to a different name. Please stay. :(

Bilaxman
02-14-2012, 09:23 PM

Aren't you the only one that can change the name of the title??? I am super confused... Who changed the title? O.o

Delphina
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
jugernuget wants back
Please check your PM's.

PL Playa
02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Well now he even gets feedback from devs...in some form

Bilaxman
02-14-2012, 09:43 PM
jugernuget wants back
Please check your PM's.

Can devs and mods edit anyone's post?

Thanks!

StompArtist
02-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Can devs and mods edit anyone's post?

Thanks!

Yes they can. STS devs and mods do it in moderation compared to some other forums but they still do.

TheMatrixMan
02-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Dev troll.

adidaman
02-14-2012, 09:52 PM
No. I believe the mods thought this was a leaving thread, with him saying he's tired of no one answering his posts. It was an honest mistake

Zeus
02-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Only thing you need to be popular is to have confidence. That is all.

If you believe in yourself and are confident in the way you carry yourself, people will respect that in thus in turn, respect your opinions.

How to show this on the internet? Grammar is a MAJOR key point, but you do not need to be a grammar nazi. Just structure your posts so they appear intellectual. Another important way in intellectual ideas. Most people like smart people, it's a fact, so post well thought out ideas. Humor is also a key factor. People like to smile, so if you make them smile a lot, you'll have a lot of people that like you.

Just some things I could think of from the top of my head, I hoped I helped!

If it means anything, juger, I don't think you're nothing. I like to read all posts, no matter the poster, you definitely have respect in my eyes.

~Parth

Jugernugett
02-14-2012, 11:09 PM
jugernuget wants back
Please check your PM's.
Gotcha:) it's ok lol I don't mind

maiohwmai
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Ur right!!!!!!!!! D; that's why no one likes me and there's nothing I can do to make them like me!!!!!!!!;( forever noob... And I thought everyone was special. I'm just the exception....First of all, let me say I detest trying to make people feel good about themselves for the sake of doing so. I don't do it, so if anything I'm about to say offends anyone here just remember - I'm not here to impress anyone.

No one likes self-deprecation. It's pathetic and makes you look weak. Don't feel sorry for yourself. If no one replies to your threads or posts, who cares? Which brings me to my next point, this is a message board for a video game. It doesn't get any less serious than that. Relax, take a deep breath and have fun. STS didn't go through all the trouble to create this so people could piss and moan about not having e-friends.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly (to me anyway), I personally avoid your posts because they're oftentimes difficult to read. The above quoted post is a perfect example of that. I understand English is not everyone's first language or strongest subject. But I don't want to have to decipher what someone's trying to type. It's more pleasurable for me to move along and find something else to read.

In any event, I think it's apparent that several people would like you to stick around both in-game and on the boards. I think as long as you're having fun then you should stick around. On the other hand if you're really that sad over a video game then perhaps you should leave and find a new hobby. Things are not as serious as you make it seem.

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Burn.
Seriously though, it's obvious that maioh cares, or he wouldn't look at a 5 day old thread you posted. :p

maiohwmai
02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't say I care, but as I said - I do think it's apparent that some people want him to stick around.

Artentreri
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok Supercop, simmer down now. Don't make me come back with a warrant. :p

StompArtist
02-19-2012, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't say I care, but as I said - I do think it's apparent that some people want him to stick around.

Yep. You care!

plmafiaboss
02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Lmfao

plmafiaboss
02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm not trying to be mean btw he's my little bro so I can tease him lyk that :p so im just playing and don't flame me lol it's happened before xD

Blind
02-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Man, it must be your stupid forum name. "juger nuget wants back"

when people see it they think "hmm"

If you had a good nickname...e.g Requiem, u'd certainy be more popular hahah :D

Seiyen
02-20-2012, 05:43 AM

Lol

Seiyen
02-20-2012, 05:44 AM
64 posts gratz u r famous...

Arterra
02-20-2012, 08:57 AM

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?228-The-Best-user-names-of-all-Time-are-yours!

XchilangopwnX
02-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Juger :) this thread is a couple days old but it caught my interest. As you have seen many people do look over your posts...they just don't post on then lol.

I never really made a famous thread but I don't take it as being purposely being ignored. I just haven't thought of anything that attracts audiences. Everyone has taken every interesting topic I can think about lol. Just keep in mind that people have shown you now that they do enjoy your threads even if they are not posting on them.

Just enjoy the forums as you enjoy the game :) And like I read from someone else Don't make a game your life. :D

Jugernugett
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Lol four page and I haven't looked through any, I thought this thread has been deleted xD