PDA

View Full Version : Age Requirement for Dark Legends?

Pages : [1] 2

Skeletonlord
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know the age you need to be to play Dark Legends? That would be awesome if you do! It is making me more nervous, as i have purchased the name reserve and the Dark legends shield, and i dont want to find out i am too young.

Will it still be 13+, as pandar stated?

edit: here is the link to what pandar said : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46826-Age-requirements-for-forums-and-Spacetime-applications&highlight=Pandar

edit: Updated with a poll to see what you guys think!

edit: From the poll, it seems like most of you think it should be 13+, i certainly think this also! Now 17+! This is certainly very close!

Ardon
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Hopefully a higher age requirements then SL/Pl
Devs did say this game would be more gory and mature than SL/PL. More so that should also make the age requirement higher.

Skeletonlord
02-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Hopefully a higher age requirements then SL/Pl
Devs did say this game would be more gory and mature than SL/PL. More so that should also make the age requirement higher.

I think i will need to wait until a dev see's this or when it gets closer to the time!

javier995
02-14-2012, 12:19 PM
I would like it to be 17+ (i turn 17 in March so yea:D), this way there could be more blood! As Ardon said, more gore more mature game. It would be great actually, so fun to play does types of games. Of course, age would vary depending on what your country counts as a mature age.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Fao
02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Hopefully I will be old enough, because I am totally pumped about it!

TYRANTO
02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
18+ lol

Ardon
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/47df3ecb-a2f5-a5a6.jpg

Hopefully

worldpeace
02-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Tbh no one is gonna follow the "age requirements" lol just think about it, how many games have you played in call of duty or halo that had little kids in? I really don't think the ratings will stop younger ages to playing dl. Imo vD

StompArtist
02-14-2012, 01:56 PM

MimeRifle
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
My Seat!!!

Kiyoko
02-14-2012, 05:06 PM

old people will be playing this game XD

darkmagesun
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
no one cares it just like the terms of use they just accept

Cahaun
02-14-2012, 05:14 PM
How about K-A? Lol jk
It should be at least 13+ to M

Ardon
02-14-2012, 05:15 PM

Some parents keep track of what games their kids play.

dugantale
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM

Hopefully

Nooooo!

Cahaun
02-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Tbh no one is gonna follow the "age requirements" lol just think about it, how many games have you played in call of duty or halo that had little kids in? I really don't think the ratings will stop younger ages to playing dl. Imo vD
Compare CoD to Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 is overflowing with profanity; So much I actually bought MW3 in disgust at BF3.
It's still crazy hearing an eight year old talking like he's such a pro and saying things like "What now, boy!" -_-'

RedRyder
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM

And if found in violation of those terms, they will receive a permanent ban I believe. If its an age issue, the ban would be lifted when said player is of age

The law is the law. Technology isn't perfect and yes sometimes things do slip through the cracks but we enforce this aggressively.

And unfortunately even if it is a core user, if it comes to light that they are under 13 we have to ban them until they are old enough to participate.

Deathpunch
02-15-2012, 10:48 AM
My Seat!!!

I'll be beside you.

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Sryyoulose
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Ugh not 17+ I'm to young! Space-time would lose a big player in DL if they do that!

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 12:26 PM
They even prompt ou for your age on the DL website. It's definitely 17+
They wouldn't let under 17 into a gory movie would they?

Skeletonlord
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM

Well, that would lose a Spacetime studios player. I spent money on Dark Legends gear. That is a waste, if I can't even play.

worldpeace
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM

Qft

octavos
02-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Find a legitimate way for Facebook and Darklegends verify the age (verify email and facebook age...like the "like us on facebook" system currently enabled). But like any software it has flaws, privacy issues, ect... But then again if kids want to play they will find a way. :ghost:

Kanozaki
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM

^ exactly this , how ever i still expect younger people to play as theirs no way STS can keep track of peoples ages over the internet.

Ardon
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
If they get caught then it'd be an instant ban

Having that rating of 17+ would make the game be able to stick to a true vampire style MMO. Bloody, gory and violent. There isn't any type of mobile MMO out there like that.

If it turns out to be a cartoony kid friendly vampire mmo. Then I'd avoid it like the plague. A vampire is supposed to be gory.

Buubuuftw
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
If it is 17+ and someone already reserved their name for DL but arent 17+ then what would happen then?

octavos
02-15-2012, 02:02 PM
If it is 17+ and someone already reserved their name for DL but arent 17+ then what would happen then?
All plat purchases are final (but in certain cases)...if u accidentally bought a REVIT (Tons-o-plat) goto support.

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM

It's content was made clear well before the name reserves. Your name would still be reserved for you when you become of age if that makes you feel any better :p

iiada
02-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Ahh, I forgot what it was like to be young. Sorry kiddos, sucks growing up. But if you think THIS is bad, just wait till highschool. And college. And...gulp...kids of your own.

...I want to be 13 again.

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Ahh, I forgot what it was like to be young. Sorry kiddos, sucks growing up. But if you think THIS is bad, just wait till highschool. And college. And...gulp...kids of your own.

...I want to be 13 again.

So do I :( someone rewind time by 8 years please?

Ardon
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Ugh High school lol a horrible place full of BS

Mothwing
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I've never seen the point of age requirements. You could have a really immature 18 year old, and a really mature 12 year old. Besides, people fake their age all the time. I'm pretty sure STS can't prevent that.

Jugernugett
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
I would like it to be 17+ (i turn 17 in March so yea:D), this way there could be more blood! As Ardon said, more gore more mature game. It would be great actually, so fun to play does types of games. Of course, age would vary depending on what your country counts as a mature age.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk keep it 13+ please please STS!!

Ardon
02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I've never seen the point of age requirements. You could have a really immature 18 year old, and a really mature 12 year old. Besides, people fake their age all the time. I'm pretty sure STS can't prevent that.

It's due to content and protecting kids on certain content.

The higher the rating the more adult you can go.

Sure, maturity levels range, but there is no measurement to gauges this levels. So that's where age requirements come in

Mothwing
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
It's due to content and protecting kids on certain content.

The higher the rating the more adult you can go.

Sure, maturity levels range, but there is no measurement to gauges this levels. So that's where age requirements come in

I understand that part, but what i dont understand is why they keep using them when a parent could buy the video game and give it to his 13 yr old son to play. What good does the requirement do when theres so many ways around it?

StompArtist
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
So do I :( someone rewind time by 8 years please?

Make that 25... thank you

Ardon
02-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I understand that part, but what i dont understand is why they keep using them when a parent could buy the video game and give it to his 13 yr old son to play. What good does the requirement do when theres so many ways around it?

Well obviously the system has loopholes but if that kid were to say they were 13 and played the 17+ game. They'd be banned.

If caught, the blame would be on their parents who bought them the game. Not on the game developer.
Which is also a reason for these ratings.

Mostly it's to shield kids of adult/mature themes.

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 07:45 PM

It's not a matter of maturity,

It recently came to light that some people think the age limit of the forums and the game has been lowered to 9 years old. This is not true. Because of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) the age limit for these forums and the games themselves (because of the chat function) is 13 years old.

Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited by law to participate in the forums or the games. I'm sorry if there was any confusion.

it's a matter of law.

Well obviously the system has loopholes but if that kid were to say they were 13 and played the 17+ game. They'd be banned.

If caught, the blame would be on their parents who bought them the game. Not on the game developer.
Which is also a reason for these ratings.

Mostly it's to shield kids of adult/mature themes.

Itd be STS' issue as a whole if they didn't take care of an underage player after it was known to them that said players aren't of age. Which is why it's an auto ban

Ardon
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Itd be STS' issue as a whole if they didn't take care of an underage player after it was known to them that said players aren't of age. Which is why it's a auto ban

Exactly.

Jugernugett
02-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't understand anyone here. I mean... It's just another mmo game, I'm sure it's like the same as SL and PL. why does everyone think there's gonna be bad stuff in it? -_- just keep age requirements same. There was never an argument for SL about this so why DL? Everyone wants to play the new game. I'm waiting for it myself and really wanna play it. KEEP IT 12+!!!! KEEP IT 12+

Mothwing
02-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't understand anyone here. I mean... It's just another mmo game, I'm sure it's like the same as SL and PL. why does everyone think there's gonna be bad stuff in it? -_- just keep age requirements same. There was never an argument for SL about this so why DL? Everyone wants to play the new game. I'm waiting for it myself and really wanna play it. KEEP IT 12+!!!! KEEP IT 12+

Because STS has repeadetly said its an adult game with more blood and violence than PL or SL.

abbasjammmy
02-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't understand anyone here. I mean... It's just another mmo game, I'm sure it's like the same as SL and PL. why does everyone think there's gonna be bad stuff in it? -_- just keep age requirements same. There was never an argument for SL about this so why DL? Everyone wants to play the new game. I'm waiting for it myself and really wanna play it. KEEP IT 12+!!!! KEEP IT 12+. Lol it was nvr 12+ just saying :D

Zombiemurder
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
I think the age requirments should be 13+ if its more violent Yd they lower the age requirment to 12

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
I think the age requirments should be 13+ if its more violent Yd they lower the age requirment to 12

. Lol it was nvr 12+ just saying :D

^this. And as said many times in this thread alone, it's for more mature (in age) audiences. By the law, as said by Pandar's quote in my previous post, any game with a chat function automatically requires a 13+ audience. Due to the nature of DL's content, it'll be a requirement above 13 year old audiences.

Paar
02-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Hopefully

Nooooo!

I second this Notion!!!

Cahaun
02-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Seen the trailer? That video gave me the chills! If you watch it, you'll understand that it's for even more mature audiences.

OvigorothO
02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Lol! Definitly will not be 17 or 18 plus...thats only if theres lots of bad words or sexual content. Also dead space,one of the goriest games is only 12+ in appstore...if im correct the age requirements on SL and PL are 4+ (the lowest age requirement) so im asuming DL willbe around 12+

dugantale
02-15-2012, 09:30 PM

Hopefully

Nooooo!

I second this Notion!!!

I third it even tho I firsted it!

Cahaun
02-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Here are factors I believe will affect the rating:
- Blood (We all know there's going to be some)
- Gore (Based on a tester's statement, it could be even gorey)
- Violence (:stupid: Really?)
- Online material not Rated (Chat, private messaging, etc)

STS never had any cussing in the games they make so I don't think that it will appear in this game. I really hope so. All in all, we will see.

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Lol! Definitly will not be 17 or 18 plus...thats only if theres lots of bad words or sexual content. Also dead space,one of the goriest games is only 12+ in appstore...if im correct the age requirements on SL and PL are 4+ (the lowest age requirement) so im asuming DL willbe around 12+

You are very Incorrect. You should try reading the other posts before replying :/

It recently came to light that some people think the age limit of the forums and the game has been lowered to 9 years old. This is not true. Because of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) the age limit for these forums and the games themselves (because of the chat function) is 13 years old.

Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited by law to participate in the forums or the games. I'm sorry if there was any confusion.

"the games themselves" is referring to the Pocket Legends and Star legends games. The Dark Legends website wouldn't prompt you for your age when the pl and SL sites don't, if they'd all have the same age requirements.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/SurfingAlien528/cd96c3f7.jpg

Here's what happened when I placed my year from 1995-1999 (the years of birth I'd have if I were 13-17 ATM, with my actual year of birth being 1990)

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/SurfingAlien528/cfb271b9.jpg

I was denied access to the site. If that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know what will.

Jugernugett
02-15-2012, 09:45 PM

Because STS has repeadetly said its an adult game with more blood and violence than PL or SL. 12-13 year olds are use to that stuff... Like Xbox and all that stuff. Call of duty and games like that are an example. Why people trying to ruin the fun??? The game should be open to people 13+. It's not being forced to them. If they think it's too much for them to handle, they don't play then. But. People (kinda like me) who can handle stuff like that and not go crazy everywhere else (if u know what I mean). I wanna play the game for the fun! I would like the age limit 13+!! C'mon! I'm looking forward to this game.. So much. I am I am>.< I couldn't bear hearing that it's like 18+!! I can't wait that long that's a Long time! Vvhat novv????

Zombiemurder
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Because STS has repeadetly said its an adult game with more blood and violence than PL or SL. 12-13 year olds are use to that stuff... Like Xbox and all that stuff. Call of duty and games like that are an example. Why people trying to ruin the fun??? The game should be open to people 13+. It's not being forced to them. If they think it's too much for them to handle, they don't play then. But. People (kinda like me) who can handle stuff like that and not go crazy everywhere else (if u know what I mean). I wanna play the game for the fun! I would like the age limit 13+!! C'mon! I'm looking forward to this game.. So much. I am I am>.< I couldn't bear hearing that it's like 18+!! I can't wait that long that's a Long time! Vvhat novv????

U r right us 13+ kids play M games and we chose to and our parents allow us to so If wen can kill some1 in a game and watch gory killcams every couple minutes I think any iPod game should be fine I even have cod zombies for my iPod it is rated m level I got it and it's sad that they rated mature because there is barely any gore or blood should be like 9+ just cause we see blood or gore in a game doesn't mean it is inappropriate for us.

I ride the high school bus and I'm 13 I hear swearing violence vandalism all that stuff if I can hear it at school then I think I can see a little blood and gore on a game.

Also I've played m game since I was like 9 or 10 and teen I played at like 6 or 7 so umm yeah and I've seen some rely bad games I'm not gonna describe their content.

I'd also like to point out that if ur trying to keep kids away from swearing and stuff ur way to late I've heard 4 year drop the f bomb on me for no reason.

I'm sorry if this sounds very attacking on sts or mean or inappropriate but that's how I think a lot of us 13 year olds feel. Were not kids anymore were teens well be adults in 5 years.

iiada
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
It's futile... it really is. This has now become a thread where the young ones are just trying to beg and plead and hope their pleas are heard by the admins even though nothing is for sure. :suspicion:

RedRyder
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Oh my goodness! Do my posts not get to your heads? Eh, I'm done posting here. Like iiada said, it's just younger kids directly/indirectly pleeing the devs to make the game available for kids. Might as well ask them to put all that hard work they've done on the game and tell the devs and their artists to just start over, right?

If you don't like it, tough. There's PL and SL for you to play. It's like the conker games for Nintendo. They made a leap with making a more provocative themed game with conkers bad fur day, changing the standard age requirement for conker games according to its content.

Prestige
02-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Kids logic and adult logic don't go together. Instead it ends up as an irrational flame war. Even if they did make this game 17+ though, sadly any kid can just click the OK button to download the app.

Zombiemurder
02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Kids logic and adult logic don't go together. Instead it ends up as an irrational flame war. Even if they did make this game 17+ though, sadly any kid can just click the OK button to download the app.

Actualy ur wrong u can download the app but wen u log in to ur younger age account they would prevent u from getting into the game I'm pretty sure

Also like I said a billion times above 13 isn't a kid if ur 10 yeah that's a kid but thirTEEN rely?!

Cahaun
02-16-2012, 07:03 AM
I know I wouldn't fit the age category if it is 18+; So I'll continue my SL campaign. :)
We just gotta face it; it's rated M for a reason.

Blind
02-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Deleted.

Ardon
02-16-2012, 07:06 AM
It's still not confirmed that it will be 17+
But it is likely to be 17+

@Blind - we haven't seen any gameplay to judge based on the style and graphics

Blind
02-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey Ardon. And yeah, still, i doubt anyone is actually gonna follow this unless they have an old sts account which has the real birth date and all.

Jugernugett
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh my goodness! Do my posts not get to your heads? Eh, I'm done posting here. Like iiada said, it's just younger kids directly/indirectly pleeing the devs to make the game available for kids. Might as well ask them to put all that hard work they've done on the game and tell the devs and their artists to just start over, right?

If you don't like it, tough. There's PL and SL for you to play. It's like the conker games for Nintendo. They made a leap with making a more provocative themed game with conkers bad fur day, changing the standard age requirement for conker games according to its content. LMAO!! Who plays nintendo anymore? That's messed up lol. Kids are like 7-10 years old. STOP TREATING US LIKE KIDS!>[]< SL and PL are fine! But, we can't stay on it forever so no more.. 17 too high for just a game. Guys, GAME GAME GAME. Not Reality. It's on a little screen that u play on lol XD. And peeps are right, ur gonna be losing a BBBBBIIIIGGG population. Pfft gory movie? Seriously we ain't 5 years old.

worldpeace
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm surprised a dev hasn't put his thought into this thread yet o.O I wonder what they are discussing about this...

Ardon
02-16-2012, 07:20 PM
LMAO!! Who plays nintendo anymore? That's messed up lol. Kids are like 7-10 years old. STOP TREATING US LIKE KIDS!>[]< SL and PL are fine! But, we can't stay on it forever so no more.. 17 too high for just a game. Guys, GAME GAME GAME. Not Reality. It's on a little screen that u play on lol XD. And peeps are right, ur gonna be losing a BBBBBIIIIGGG population. Pfft gory movie? Seriously we ain't 5 years old.

It's about the law. That's why if anyone says they're below 13, they're banned until they're13

StompArtist
02-16-2012, 07:22 PM
STS does not make up the rating based on how they feel. Rating is imposed by the markets where the game is sold (Apple APP store, Android market or chrome).

razerfingers
02-16-2012, 07:22 PM
This whole age requirement thing is rediculous. 17+ just to watch a video like i told sam in chatbox i dont even wanna play anymore if you advertise for a new game and get everyone excited and all of a sudden theres an age restriction i wonder how many people are gonna play DL just sayin...
And the game or video isnt nearly to the extent on GTA i bet.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ardon
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
This whole age requirement thing is rediculous. 17+ just to watch a video like i told sam in chatbox i dont even wanna play anymore if you advertise for a new game and get everyone excited and all of a sudden theres an age restriction i wonder how many people are gonna play DL just sayin...

There is no solid vampire theme mobile MMO out there that's cross platform. They're the first to do so and will dominate that market. Same way they did with PL/SL.

That's just a prediction though, nothing is solid yet. Anything can happen

StompArtist
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
And the game or video isnt nearly to the extent on GTA i bet.

You'll have to take it up with these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board

Not with STS.

razerfingers
02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
You'll have to take it up with these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board

Not with STS.

Still... Just cause its vampire theme doesnt mean the age has to be above 17

javier995
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Age restrictions should be enabled. If you can't play BC of your age, well too bad right?

I'm 16 right now, and if they make it 18+ well too damn bad for me i won't play. Why? Would i really risk a ban for not following the rules? Probably, probably not.

I'll be 17 in March, I'm mature (hence why people think I'm way older), i hope they make it 17+ so i can play. If they don't, oh well there's always SL and PL.

Now its not how mature you are, its the LAW. Cold hard truth.

If you don't like it, too bad right? Isn't that how it is with other rated M games? You still end up playing don't you? There's a difference here, you play it (if its rated M) and you'll be in trouble (if you're under 17).

According to the website, as Red showed, people born in the years 1995+ can't see the site logically they won't be able to play.

Oh two more things.

1) People under 13 can't be on the forums or the game, so not a good example of a kid.

2) A kid: someone who acts childish in anyway, doesn't listen, and isn't mature. A kid is based upon maturity.

That's a kid in my eyes^

Cahaun
02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
LMAO!! Who plays nintendo anymore?
I still play my N64! :vcry:
It's the best system IMO then PS3

Ardon
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM

YES! OG N64 is the bomb.

RedRyder
02-16-2012, 08:53 PM
It's about the law. That's why if anyone says they're below 13, they're banned until they're13

Age restrictions should be enabled. If you can't play BC of your age, well too bad right?

I'm 16 right now, and if they make it 18+ well too damn bad for me i won't play. Why? Would i really risk a ban for not following the rules? Probably, probably not.

I'll be 17 in March, I'm mature (hence why people think I'm way older), i hope they make it 17+ so i can play. If they don't, oh well there's always SL and PL.

Now its not how mature you are, its the LAW. Cold hard truth.

If you don't like it, too bad right? Isn't that how it is with other rated M games? You still end up playing don't you? There's a difference here, you play it (if its rated M) and you'll be in trouble (if you're under 17).

According to the website, as Red showed, people born in the years 1995+ can't see the site logically they won't be able to play.

Oh two more things.

1) People under 13 can't be on the forums or the game, so not a good example of a kid.

2) A kid: someone who acts childish in anyway, doesn't listen, and isn't mature. A kid is based upon maturity.

That's a kid in my eyes^

I was ready to thank all you guys, but it looks like I'm out of them for the day :(

Ardon
02-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I was ready to thank all you guys, but it looks like I'm out of them for the day :(

I'll thanks them for ya lol

RedRyder
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
LMAO!! Who plays nintendo anymore? That's messed up lol. Kids are like 7-10 years old. STOP TREATING US LIKE KIDS!>[]< SL and PL are fine! But, we can't stay on it forever so no more.. 17 too high for just a game. Guys, GAME GAME GAME. Not Reality. It's on a little screen that u play on lol XD. And peeps are right, ur gonna be losing a BBBBBIIIIGGG population. Pfft gory movie? Seriously we ain't 5 years old.

You're as ignorant as they come. You're setting an example why maturity is a reason younger folks shouldn't be playing mature games. Kids are those that still depend on their parents for income. I don't see too many 11-17 yr olds living on their own or paying their own bills and rent. As its been said numerous times on this page alone, not to mention this whole thread, and the number of times it's been said to you specifically, It's against the law.

STS wont lose a ginormous portion of revenue like you guys think. Believe it or not, in my two years with STS' games, I've met more players my age than I have younger players. If the game is as good as we all think it'll be, the news will spread like wildfire in a carbon dioxide polluted atmosphere. We don't even have actual gameplay teasers yet and DL is getting more press than PL or SL did combined, even having a spot on g4tv, the biggest gaming channel in history.

It's no doubt that DL is the most anticipated game in mobile ATM; there will be no loss of revenue. The many dedicated STS gamers such as myself will make sure of that. After all, its the older audience with jobs and independence that pour more money into STS' pockets.

Ardon
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
You're as ignorant as they come. You're setting an example why maturity is a reason younger folks shouldn't be playing mature games. Kids are those that still depend on their parents for income. I don't see too many 11-17 yr olds living on their own or paying their own bills and rent. As its been said numerous times on this page alone, not to mention this whole thread, and the number of times it's been said to you specifically, It's against the law.

STS wont lose a ginormous portion of revenue like you guys think. Believe it or not, in my two years with STS' games, I've met more players my age than I have younger players. If the game is as good as we all think it'll be, the news will spread like wildfire in a carbon dioxide polluted atmosphere. We don't even have actual gameplay teasers yet and DL is getting more press than PL or SL did combined, even having a spot on g4tv, the biggest gaming channel in history.

It's no doubt that DL is the most anticipated game in mobile ATM; there will be no loss of revenue. The many dedicated STS gamers such as myself will make sure of that. After all, its the older audience with jobs and independence that pour more money into STS' pockets.

<3

If there was a "brofist" button, you would earn it

RedRyder
02-16-2012, 09:09 PM
<3

If there was a "brofist" button, you would earn it

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/SurfingAlien528/e5671dec.jpg

Cahaun
02-16-2012, 09:14 PM

You're as ignorant as they come. You're setting an example why maturity is a reason younger folks shouldn't be playing mature games. As its been said numerous times on this page alone, not to mention this whole thread, It's against the law.

Well said. I was glad to hear it being announced on G4. That'll get the attention of older gamers and just a few lookers. As said before it is against the law. It may be a game, but it influences people by the content.

javier995
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Red,

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/SurfingAlien528/e5671dec.jpg

For the complainers,

O wait! The website is 18+! Looks like I won't be able to play! Boohoo whaaaaaaaaa I wantz to playz DL too! Omg omg omg pls pls pls Devs make the age req thingy 1+ pls my baby did wants to play too! Make it newborn+ so much people will play, o pwease.

./kidphase

Cahaun
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM

YES! OG N64 is the bomb.
Ikr! It's awesome not only because mine still works after years of storage, but has addictive and super fun games rated K-A. Ever beaten DK64?
(I love K-A! Sounds unique for today)

Commanderkeen
02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm surprised a dev hasn't put his thought into this thread yet o.O I wonder what they are discussing about this...

Maybe because they don't even know what the game is rated yet. Maybe they haven't even submitted it to the ESRB yet or whoever regulates mobile games.

blahggart
02-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Ikr! It's awesome not only because mine still works after years of storage, but has addictive and super fun games rated K-A. Ever beaten DK64?
(I love K-A! Sounds unique for today)

how did u guys get so off topic? U EVER PLAY STAR FOX 64!?!?! BEST GAME EVER... besides PL of course. and pokemon. gotta love pokemon

javier995
02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
how did u guys get so off topic? U EVER PLAY STAR FOX 64!?!?! BEST GAME EVER... besides PL of course. and pokemon. gotta love pokemon

Gotta catch em all

blahggart
02-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Gotta catch em all

ahahahahahahaha i became da pokemon master. in EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER RELEASED.... so... this age requirement... wouldnt there be some way to find a legitimate loophole. like have a parent or sibling age 18+ go on and make an account and play and like... u go on and play a little every "once and awhile"? ahahaha jk. the way it is, there are no legitimate loopholes

Ardon
02-16-2012, 10:00 PM
ahahahahahahaha i became da pokemon master. in EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER RELEASED.... so... this age requirement... wouldnt there be some way to find a legitimate loophole. like have a parent or sibling age 18+ go on and make an account and play and like... u go on and play a little every "once and awhile"? ahahaha jk. the way it is, there are no legitimate loopholes

There wouldn't be any way for that to happen. By logging in and playing the player agrees to the ToS. If the ToS states that you have to be 17+ then you'd be violating the ToS and you would be bannable of caught.

Yes, people find ways to play, but if caught they'll be banned.

StompArtist
02-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Guys why not wait until the game releases with an age rating before debating this?

mrnofunz
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Hopefully

Nooooo!

I second this Notion!!!

Since when has this ever stopped anyone :cool:

Ardon
02-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Guys why not wait until the game releases with an age rating before debating this?

I'm speaking hypothetical, if it were the case of it being 17+.

It doesn't matter that much to me, but some of the post opposing a 17+ DL have just been irking me with their ignorance lol

razerfingers
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Lol i play mature games not cause im old enough but because my dad knows when i get done playing saints row or GTA im not gonna run out buy a gun and kill a bunch of people lol so i doubt DL is gonna be that gorey if it is bummer im gonna find a way to play either way its just how i roll but baning someone just cause they wanna support your games and they arnt old enough to play it in the first place is more childish then letting them play and help you make better games. Theres another of my 2 cents

Lavalamp
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Too lazy to read through all the replies but what if their was an option to turn on/ off the gore? That would be cool. And to turn on gore u have to verify your age somehow. I'm 18 btw so the whole 17+ doesn't affect me just an idea :/

Ardon
02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Lol i play mature games not cause im old enough but because my dad knows when i get done playing saints row or GTA im not gonna run out buy a gun and kill a bunch of people lol so i doubt DL is gonna be that gorey if it is bummer im gonna find a way to play either way its just how i roll but baning someone just cause they wanna support your games and they arnt old enough to play it in the first place is more childish then letting them play and help you make better games. Theres another of my 2 cents

I'll say it again.

It's the law.

razerfingers
02-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I'll say it again.

It's the law.

Ehh.. i guess

Growwle
02-16-2012, 10:40 PM
STS has to put a mature label on Dark Legends if the content is considered mature according to the law. Also, this will protect them from people who would get upset with STS if there was no warning.

StompArtist
02-16-2012, 10:54 PM
STS does not put the age label the stores requires it. Apple will not put non rated apps on the market.

razerfingers
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
STS does not put the age label the stores requires it. Apple will not put non rated apps on the market.
Apple is weird like that o.O

Jugernugett
02-16-2012, 11:17 PM
It's about the law. That's why if anyone says they're below 13, they're banned until they're13[/QUOTE] lol I know that's why they should just keep it 13+... Reasonable

RedRyder
02-16-2012, 11:24 PM
lol I know that's why they should just keep it 13+... Reasonable

My god. That's for pl/SL, not DL.

razerfingers
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM

My god. That's for pl/SL, not DL.[/QUOTE]

When sam said checkout the DL website and i did but was too young and heard there was gore and cleavage and such in the video. And im like sounds like my highschool except for the blood and gore part haha it was kinda funny

RedRyder
02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
When sam said checkout the DL website and i did but was too young and heard there was gore and cleavage and such in the video. And im like sounds like my highschool except for the blood and gore part haha it was kinda funny

Can you fix your quote please? When I quoted juggers fail quote, it made it look like I said "lol I know that's why they should keep it 13+.... Reasonable"

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 12:02 AM

My god. That's for pl/SL, not DL. omg dang adults just stop! Ur acting like no one can handle a little blood and im sure sts wouldn't put curse words in it. Mmos are for everyone at least a lot more than just a couple, there are not many players ur age and ur just not carin for us 13-16 cause ur older. If u were in our boots, what would u be saying? KEEP IT 13+ AND EVERYONE BEQUIET! If they put 17+ thank you skeletonlord for this stinking post

Ardon
02-17-2012, 12:07 AM
omg dang adults just stop! Ur acting like no one can handle a little blood and im sure sts wouldn't put curse words in it. Mmos are for everyone at least a lot more than just a couple, there are not many players ur age and ur just not carin for us 13-16 cause ur older. If u were in our boots, what would u be saying? KEEP IT 13+ AND EVERYONE BEQUIET! If they put 17+ thank you skeletonlord for this stinking post

I'll say it again. It's the law. If a game is classified as 17+ then the developer has to enforce that.

There are a to of 17+ players.
17+ players probably make the majority of pl and sl.

If I was in your position I'd just accept it. I did so when I couldn't go to R rated movies, buy R rated games or when my brother's didn let me play certain games because they knew it was too much for me.

Skeletonlord
02-17-2012, 12:42 AM
I have read through every comment here and most of you say that it will be a higher age limit than Pocket Legends, i understand that, but it should be that I can play. If it is the age you said, I would have to wait a couple of years just to play it.

zappaxe
02-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Hey ardon!
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are with someone 18+ you can go to an R movie even if you are like 3 years old lol!
Also if your parent buys you an M rated game you are permitted to play it lol.
Really it's quite sad that that this conversation is happening. There is no way sts will keep out 13 year olds.
Also I'm willing to bet that pl/sl are mostly 13-15 years olds. Older than that they usually are preparing for college or have jobs. ( no offense to anyone older than 15 lol )

This is all just 2c. :)

-Zappaxe

RedRyder
02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
omg dang adults just stop! Ur acting like no one can handle a little blood and im sure sts wouldn't put curse words in it. Mmos are for everyone at least a lot more than just a couple, there are not many players ur age and ur just not carin for us 13-16 cause ur older. If u were in our boots, what would u be saying? KEEP IT 13+ AND EVERYONE BEQUIET! If they put 17+ thank you skeletonlord for this stinking post

At your age, I was mature enough to understand the circumstances. I would've been like aw man that sucks, but I understand why it has to be. Badgering everyone over and over when something doesn't go your way is what kids do. You're really not helping your case. It is what it is. I'm done replying to you, everyone else can have fun arguing with you.

javier995
02-17-2012, 02:59 AM

I'm 16, not an adult, yet I'm still for the maturity levels for DL.

So anyone can handle a little blood? Ever hear of something called hematophobia?

There's a lot more 18+ than 13-15 players in SL and PL, just BC you haven't met them doesn't mean they're not there.

If we didn't care for you, we'd just let you play the game even if its rated M.

Hey ardon!
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are with someone 18+ you can go to an R movie even if you are like 3 years old lol!
Also if your parent buys you an M rated game you are permitted to play it lol.
Really it's quite sad that that this conversation is happening. There is no way sts will keep out 13 year olds.
Also I'm willing to bet that pl/sl are mostly 13-15 years olds. Older than that they usually are preparing for college or have jobs. ( no offense to anyone older than 15 lol )

This is all just 2c. :)

-Zappaxe

Sure you can get into an R rated movie with someone 18+, try getting in it alone, not likely. Correct? Therefore why would you even be allowed in there? Its BC of guardian/parent's consent.

Actually, by your parents you're permitted to play the game, but by law you can't.

Like i said when i quoted Jugernuget, the age being 18+ is way more than 13-15.

Hey look your right I'm older than 16 without a job! Spot on! Wait there's certain reasons why i don't have a job, forgot those reasons some people have didn't you.

STS keeps (tries) people under 13 from the forums and games due to law, what makes you think that if its rated M they wouldn't do the same with anyone under 17?

Ask yourself this.

Would STS risk losing some players or risk being in trouble with the law?

That'd my 2 cents.

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 07:39 AM

I'll say it again. It's the law. If a game is classified as 17+ then the developer has to enforce that.

There are a to of 17+ players.
17+ players probably make the majority of pl and sl.

If I was in your position I'd just accept it. I did so when I couldn't go to R rated movies, buy R rated games or when my brother's didn let me play certain games because they knew it was too much for me. stop with the law. No one is certain because no DEV has said it! Let the devs handle it and again.. I don't know why it capitalized DEV for me ...

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 07:42 AM
XD ok I'm done

Ardon
02-17-2012, 07:44 AM
stop with the law. No one is certain because no DEV has said it! Let the devs handle it and again.. I don't know why it capitalized DEV for me ...

Dude, I've never stated in here that it would be 17+, just hypothetically speaking.

If it does turn out to be 17+ it would fall on STS to keep out kids under 17.

I'd love for a dev to respond here. But I'm sure they can't give an answer because they aren't finished with the game and it hasn't been rated.

Shellkaz
02-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi, for all those who don't know me, I'm an adult and probably old enough to be the mother of most of the folks that have posted here. I personally don't care if a younger person plays, as long as their parents have reviewed the game and it's content and approved of their playing the game. But, I don't think that the law makes allowances for that.

For the younger crowd, please try to understand, age requirements are NOT randomly picked by STS. There is a a review process based on content, and then a rating is issued based on the content. STS doesn't get a vote in this process. The only thing that they can do to change the rating, would be to remove some of the content, that may be causing the 17+ rating. The only problem, unlike a movie, where a scene or two is removed to bring a rating down to PG or R, STS is dealing with line and lines of code. Not easy.

The adults here, are not trying to deliberately keep younger players from playing the game, it is the law, that will determine the rating, and the rating will determine if you can legally play DL. STS has to obey the law and if DL is rated as mature then, STS has to make reasonable efforts to obey the law, and enforce it if people are found who are breaking the law.

If you choose to break the law by lying about your age, then STS WILL have to enforce it based on TOS.

Please be patient and let's ALL see what the rating will be.

saool
02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I hope it's 17+
*crosses fingers*
:rolleyes:

I'm a fan of anything with gore...and vampires that look like the ones from PL well idk...but if DL reminds me of something like Resident Evil, well OMG! (I'm speaking in the sense of the gore) I'll be in love with it.

BRING ON THE GORE!!! :D

wvhills
02-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I think too much is being made about "protecting the kiddies". I'm 38 now and when I was 11 I watched princess leia prance around in a gold bikini and freddy kruger and jason cut up and disembow more people than I can remember. I survived that and I'm sure the poor helpless children will survive a mobile video game.

OvigorothO
02-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I am 97% sure the game is going to be 12+.....did you know the only way for a game to be classified as higher than that is if it includes STRONG cuss words or if it has sexual content.gore alone doesnt make a game 17+....atleast not in the app store.dead space if anyone has played it,or searched it up,id only 12+.....i garuntee you DL will be no where near as gory as dead space,plus dead space includes bad words.dont jump to conclusions just because sts says its going to be gory...

javier995
02-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I think too much is being made about "protecting the kiddies". I'm 38 now and when I was 11 I watched princess leia prance around in a gold bikini and freddy kruger and jason cut up and disembow more people than I can remember. I survived that and I'm sure the poor helpless children will survive a mobile video game.

It's not a matter of if the "poor helpless children" (idk where you get this idea that they're poor and helpless if we never established that here) can handle this, its the LAW.

You might've reacted well to those types of things, but everyone reacts different.

I am 97% sure the game is going to be 12+.....did you know the only way for a game to be classified as higher than that is if it includes STRONG cuss words or if it has sexual content.gore alone doesnt make a game 17+....atleast not in the app store.dead space if anyone has played it,or searched it up,id only 12+.....i garuntee you DL will be no where near as gory as dead space,plus dead space includes bad words.dont jump to conclusions just because sts says its going to be gory...

Good thing you're only 97% sure BC you're already wrong. The game can't be 12+ BC the law requires you to be 13+ to access anything that has a chat function on the internet.

Commanderkeen
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM

I have played Dead Space for Android and yes its gory and has bad lang, but was only 12+ so I'm pretty sure all the little kids will get to play DL to. So i don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about this if you do a little research everyone would find out everything will be A-OK.

Zeus
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
An important issue to be brought up, if it wasn't mentioned before. STS may have to do a lot of refunding for reserve names if the game turns out to be 17+. Personally, I like that rule, because it may prevent a lot of the drama that originates from immaturity.

MimeRifle
02-17-2012, 02:48 PM
An important issue to be brought up, if it wasn't mentioned before. STS may have to do a lot of refunding for reserve names if the game turns out to be 17+. Personally, I like that rule, because it may prevent a lot of the drama that originates from immaturity.
Hey Apollo - you make an interesting observation, and I know what you say may be true in a number of cases, but let's not confuse youth and immaturity, though... the two are not relative. (take yourself, for instance) Word to the wise... ;)

Kanozaki
02-17-2012, 02:48 PM
People can be so ignorant ..... For all the children begging for the game rating to be lower , use your mind for a second , use logic.

Let's start with the rating.
Rating of a game isn't picked by STS. They cant just randomly pick a rating . Rating Is based on the type of content in the game.For example SL and PL have a 13+ rating why ? Because of the chat box function. There fore blood and gore automatically will get DL a 17+ rating.
Countless of others have said this before , if the game is legally supposed to be rated 17+ , STS has no choice but to adhere to said law. I'll give you an example . You walk into a store and pick of something off the shelf and walk out or you could pay for it then walk out . Which one of the two seems legal to you ? You will most likely get caught if you go with option #1 . What would the employee who sees you do ? He would call the police , why ? Because it's the law for said employee to do so . Like wise STS is in the same position.

Btw in SL out of 100 people I meet maybe 10 people are below 18 , so younger players don't really make up the majority .
Remember us adults are the people who support this game.
There is no guarantee that the game will be 17 + but if the website required a age requirement , don't get your hopes up about the game being 13 +

I was not going to post here but seriously come on ? Don't go around having that childish attitude .

Zeus
02-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey Apollo - you make an interesting observation, and I know what you say may be true in a number of cases, but let's not confuse youth and immaturity, though... the two are not relative. (take yourself, for instance) Word to the wise... ;)

But the outliers don't balance out the majority. Yes, I'm aware of outliers, but they don't tip the scales. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

MimeRifle
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
But the outliers don't balance out the majority. Yes, I'm aware of outliers, but they don't tip the scales. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
Absolutely. Maybe it was just a back-handed message to the elderly members of our community (like me) who might sometimes act like "children".

I always get ya, Parth. ;) Peace!!

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Yea it'll probably be 17+-_- I am not waiting for dark legends anymore... And I was gonna save my name to DL too...well.. Saved 20 platinum.

For the 17+'s.......

Snakespeare
02-17-2012, 05:01 PM

Ah, these 14-16 year olds who reserved their names are guaranteeing that the names will be there when they are old enough to play. Even if I knew that I was too young for DL, I would not want anyone taking my name.

Plus... there is the well-known factor is STS ignorance. They don't have to seek out and ban all 12 year olds from PL or SL, they only have to ban them when they SAY they are under 13. I inferred that from something Sam posted. In other words, if you are under age, keep it to yourself, and they will have no reason to ban you.

But after considering all those factors, if someone wants to get their plat back, admitting their age being under 17, I'm sure STS will give them that refund.

Skeletonlord
02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
I personally am going to keep my Dark Legends shield and reserve, even if I can't play. It will be still be there when I am old enough. But no age confirmed yet, so could be any age.

Cahaun
02-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I personally am going to keep my Dark Legends shield and reserve, even if I can't play. It will be still be there when I am old enough. But no age confirmed yet, so could be any age.
That's the spirit!

iiada
02-17-2012, 05:19 PM

I added rep for that post. Cheers to you for being so mature!

iiada
02-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I personally hope that it IS 17+. Maybe it will cut out some of the youngsters and immaturity that is prevalent on PL & SL. Athough I'm fully aware that some folks 17+ act immature, I think it's safe to say that a lot of the ones <17 do, in fact, act their age (which they should, I'm just saying that for my gaming preference, it gets old/annoying).

OvigorothO
02-17-2012, 05:38 PM

It's not a matter of if the "poor helpless children" (idk where you get this idea that they're poor and helpless if we never established that here) can handle this, its the LAW.

You might've reacted well to those types of things, but everyone reacts different.

Good thing you're only 97% sure BC you're already wrong. The game can't be 12+ BC the law requires you to be 13+ to access anything that has a chat function on the internet.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalkwell your wrong about that because PL AND SL are only 9 plus...

Ardon
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
well your wrong about that because PL AND SL are only 9 plus...

Theyre both 13+

A while back some people brought it up and that PL and SL are 9+ but a dev responded say that its 13+. Any people who are caught being under 13 are banned until theyre of age.

Edit: found the post

iiada
02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
And I can't remember who was asking why the devs/mods haven't posted on this thread yet... I'm assuming it's probably because they are watching this thread very closely and writing down the list of kiddos that say "I'm going to play DL anyways even though I'm only 9 years old".

octavos
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
And I can't remember who was asking why the devs/mods haven't posted on this thread yet... I'm assuming it's probably because they are watching this thread very closely and writing down the list of kiddos that say "I'm going to play DL anyways even though I'm only 9 years old".

Correct....there watching...always watching *Shifty Eyes*

RedRyder
02-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Double rep. Thanks for being mature.

Snakespeare
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I think the devs haven't posted because it will be up to Google, Apple, Verizon, etc. not STS to determine the age limit. And I think it will be enforced by Google, Apple, Verizon, etc. at the download stage. After that, STS will only enforce if someone says they are too young.

They had to ban one kid who tried to complain about the adult nature of Sparkling Pwnies guild when he said he was 12. But then I think that thread got deleted.

javier995
02-17-2012, 07:47 PM
well your wrong about that because PL AND SL are only 9 plus...

As Ardon said (and as I said when I replied to your post), it's the law that makes it 13+.

In your eyes (and that of many others) SL and PL have the ratings of 9+, maybe even 7+, but the law says differently.

Anything that has a chat function on the Internet requires you to be 13+, due to what can be said in the chat.

That being said, I was not wrong. :p

Lowlyspy
02-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Real life scenario for u youngins.

If you are under 17, go into your local gamestop without your parents and try to buy dead space 2. Know what will happen? You'll get carded and the cashier will say "sorry but I cannot sell you this game." No matter how much you whine and moan the cashier will not allow you to buy the game because of the law. The same holds true with online games, if you are under the ESRB rating you will be banned. STS will not jeopardize their company just so you can play a game, no matter how much of your parents money "you" pay.

Skel, kudos to you for being so mature btw, earned much respect for that.

EDIT: oh and for all you kids who think it isn't fair. Life isn't fair, it's a cold fact that we all have to learn one day. If you think life should be fair, boy are you in for a rude awakening when you graduate high school xD

iiada
02-17-2012, 10:40 PM
I think the devs haven't posted because it will be up to Google, Apple, Verizon, etc. not STS to determine the age limit. And I think it will be enforced by Google, Apple, Verizon, etc. at the download stage. After that, STS will only enforce if someone says they are too young.

They had to ban one kid who tried to complain about the adult nature of Sparkling Pwnies guild when he said he was 12. But then I think that thread got deleted.
I'm not disagreeing that it is not up to STS to "make/break" the +17 rule. I'm just saying in all likelihood they probably know what the rating is going to be (or some idea of it, if their testers are already testing it... They know the content more or less) and they have posted on other threads (software needed to run DL thread, among numerous others) but still haven't posted on this thread. It's a little suspicious in my eyes... Yes, it is probably due to the fact that they cannot release any information about the rating, but also I think it's because they are watching who is stupid enough to lie about their age. That's my take on it at least... Never mentioned anything about who sets the age limit laws. my friend. ;)

If you think about it, and they aren't watching this thread, it would be really quite silly of them not to... Since many kiddos have professed their "un"dying wish to play DL no matter their age. Jez sayin.

LordEspe
02-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Real life scenario for u youngins.

: oh and for all you kids who think it isn't fair. Life isn't fair, it's a cold fact that we all have to learn one day. If you think life should be fair, boy are you in for a rude awakening when you graduate high school xD

For some reason, you made me feel old reading this! :)

Buubuuftw
02-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Me being under 17, I wouldn't be able to play the game. As a matter of fact, I barely made the 13+ cutoff. Am I going to be dissapointed when it comes out to be 17+, yes of course. But I know that not all "kids", as some of you call us, are mature. And when it does come out for 17+ I'm not gonna be mad, not gonna plead for the rating to be lowered. If its the law, its the law. If its the appstore rating it, well its their buisiness their running. The least I would ask for is if it comes out for 17+ I would at least want a refund for reserving my characting names, considering its going to be of no use for what will seem like AGES to come.

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Yea I would like a refund too.

Jugernugett
02-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Actually, no cant have anyone with my name lol...

Skeletonlord
02-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys, all your comments are much appreciated. I private messaged Sam and he said there is no point posting, all you guys are. So, perhaps he has read through these already.

RedRyder
02-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Thanks guys, all your comments are much appreciated. I private messaged Sam and he said there is no point posting, all you guys are. So, perhaps he has read through these already.

All you guys are what?

Skeletonlord
02-18-2012, 09:17 AM
All you guys are awesome! Thanks all you guys for your comments!

Commanderkeen
02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
I like how a poll has been added to this great idea. Now we get to see what everyone wants the game to be just more organized.

RedRyder
02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Doesn't matter what we think. Our thoughts and wishes won't effect already existing game content.

Skeletonlord
02-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Doesn't matter what we think. Our thoughts and wishes won't effect already existing game content.

Yes but you can contribute to the conversation in the way you are.

Ardon
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, it really doesn't matter at this point.

The poll won't effect anything said here, or the development of DL.

The poll us just a want. Not a discussion of why and what would happen.

Late
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
If u ever noticed pl has blood when you stab someone with a dagger in pvp

Skeletonlord
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
If u ever noticed pl has blood when you stab someone with a dagger in pvp

This is comic violence, in Dark Legends it won't be comic violence, it will be more gorey, as Samhayne mentioned in another post.

Artentreri
02-18-2012, 07:18 PM
All you guys are what?

Pretty sure he meant all you guys are posting. I'm not even throwin in my opinion on this one, it's just been too much of a war.

vulgarstrike
02-18-2012, 08:20 PM
17+ please..

RedRyder
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Pretty sure he meant all you guys are posting. I'm not even throwin in my opinion on this one, it's just been too much of a war.

Yea lol, I'm done with this thread.

CodyBearr
02-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Should be rated M for mature... Blood, gore, & violence! All awesome and honestly would love it to have no mute system then... Just like COD, WoW & Halo you can say and do what you want with lots of killing action and no worrying about kids but we all know kids still play them...

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Why don't we all just wait and see. No use arguing about it.

Skeletonlord
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM

We aren't arguing, it is more of a discussion of what you guys think. I know that we don't get a say, but if more people think it will be 13+, the team can respond to this and tone down the gore.

Mothwing
02-19-2012, 12:31 PM
We aren't arguing, it is more of a discussion of what you guys think. I know that we don't get a say, but if more people think it will be 13+, the team can respond to this and tone down the gore.

I disagree. It sounds like STS has pretty much finished the development, therefore I would think they don't want to go back and edit a whole game they just made.

iiada
02-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Agreed... If they want to hit mainstream and run with the "big boys" of rpg/mmorpgs, then they need to create a world that will envelope players... therefore no "mute" chat systems, realistic gore/violence, battle sequences... the works, AND they need to put their own creative spin on it (not another WoW or COD). They already have 2 games for 13+. Give us older folks a 17+ game. ;) If people don't like it, go play either of the TWO 13+ games.

Thasaint
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Hopefully It's 13+. I am almost in age limit if it is 17+ but how bad can it be? Even if it is... maybe a guardian could confirm that you could play it.
If no one has noticed, Xbox live is flooded by 9 year olds in 17+ games (COD, gears of war, GTA etc.) Maybe this is what they're trying to eliminate, but 17+ is a bit excessive IMO. Also, I have met some really cool people under the age of 17 in PL and I don't think that it would be fair that they cannot play because of age, even if it is the law.

P.S. ( R means restricted unless accompanied by a guardian. Same principle for M games.)

Ardon
02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Hopefully It's 13+. I am almost in age limit if it is 17+ but how bad can it be? Even if it is... maybe a guardian could confirm that you could play it.
If no one has noticed, Xbox live is flooded by 9 year olds in 17+ games (COD, gears of war, GTA etc.) Maybe this is what they're trying to eliminate, but 17+ is a bit excessive IMO. Also, I have met some really cool people under the age of 17 in PL and I don't think that it would be fair that they cannot play because of age, even if it is the law.

P.S. ( R means restricted unless accompanied by a guardian. Same principle for M games.)

It is not the same thing as R rated since there is no real way to verify things such as guardians. People can easily lie on the Internet.

iiada
02-19-2012, 06:53 PM
When I used to play neopets (a loooong time ago, my friend) if you were under the age of 13, because of the chat feature, you had to have a letter sent in to their hq stating that it was ok for you to make an account, and that the parent would supervise your online game time.
a bit extreme, no? thankfully I never had to do that.

springtime
02-19-2012, 07:28 PM
How will they really know how old someone is

Ardon
02-19-2012, 07:34 PM
How will they really know how old someone is

There really isn't a solid way to know, but if someone was to say they were underage for the game, they would be banned until they reach the min. age.

Thasaint
02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Well... Hopefully it isn't released too soon. I don't want to miss out on too much! Only 9 months to go...

Taipan
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM

I agree. :)

Cool4ever100
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
I do think if they have an age requirement they will not see as many players, expeccaly if it's 17+

iiada
02-19-2012, 11:29 PM
quoted from redryder a few pages back

dudetus
02-20-2012, 04:31 AM
The game should be 17+ IMO. Dark Legends should pop out from Star Legends and Pocket Legends. We don't actually need other game like SL or PL only with a vampire theme. We need an adult game which fascinates us who r interested in blood and gore in gaming. I understand ur despair who r under 17 but I sure do want something diffirent. Not another clone with a bit diffirent characters. Even though I enjoy both PL and SL ai want DL to be way diffirent.

And I like using the word diffirent pretty much.

CodyBearr
02-20-2012, 04:55 AM
And somewhere skeletonlord is sleeping with a huge smile for having a popular post :)

Well done man, well done

Rawrimafish
02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I voted 13+ so that other teens can play and 17+. unless its too gorey and they dont want to play.

Skeletonlord
02-20-2012, 11:00 AM
And somewhere skeletonlord is sleeping with a huge smile for having a popular post :)

Well done man, well done

Thanks! All your feedback is taken into consideration! Are you referring to my post about keeping my Dark Legends stuff?

Prestige
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
The game is already 13+ regardless no need to vote on that. Btw how do you check your account's birthday because I don't recall ever putting it in.

RedRyder
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
The game is already 13+ regardless no need to vote on that. Btw how do you check your account's birthday because I don't recall ever putting it in.

Account info > purchase history

RBeltran
02-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Hmm... Idk. If there's blood and gore as some people have posted then I'm behind it being 17+. Just my .98 cents.

Xionskull
02-25-2012, 02:58 PM
GUYS THIS A BIG ARGUEMENT RUGHT??? SOME OF YOU WANT THE BLOOD (17+) AND SOME OF YOU WANT TO JUST PLAY IT!!! But you are to young :(. SOLUTION: THERE HAS TO BE AN OPTION TO TURN OFF BLOOD!!!! Doing so makes it 13+ !!!!!! Think about that!!!

Ardon
02-25-2012, 03:00 PM
GUYS THIS A BIG ARGUEMENT RUGHT??? SOME OF YOU WANT THE BLOOD (17+) AND SOME OF YOU WANT TO JUST PLAY IT!!! But you are to young :(. SOLUTION: THERE HAS TO BE AN OPTION TO TURN OFF BLOOD!!!! Doing so makes it 13+ !!!!!! Think about that!!!

Why the caps? Lol

Blood isn't the only thing that will be gory. There will probably be more content of the game that is gory.

Xionskull
02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
But am i not right?
Like at the beginning it culd ask ur age then it turns the violence settings to 1. Gory 2. A cleaner fighting game like pl. I meen u will still fight together and stuff on the same dungeon just that your visual might be different

RedRyder
02-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Pl is comic violence. DL is real violence. You didn't see the still in the gameplay preview? It had a Dissected torso with an exposed heart. What would implementing violence settings and lowering down/shutting it off do? Replace the organs with cuddly rabbits? Instead of draining mobs of their blood, turn them into a strawberry milk shake and slurp it down?

Taipan
02-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Pl is comic violence. DL is real violence. You didn't see the still in the gameplay preview? It had a Dissected torso with an exposed heart. What would implementing violence settings and lowering down/shutting it off do? Replace the organs with cuddly rabbits? Instead of draining mobs of their blood, turn them into a strawberry milk shake and slurp it down?
Lol
Btw, just my opinion but the trailer really is just big splashes and fountains of blood when an enemy dies. Idk but if it's 17+ i would think that it would have at least some cursing

Appleisaac
02-25-2012, 09:50 PM

to be fair that was just a sketch :-/ the actual gameplay didnt look 17+ to me.

Buffedbear Pl
02-25-2012, 10:51 PM
To everyone who is under 18:

I am not old enough to play DL when it comes out, I have a good 4 years to go, so I can relate to you guys. I know how it feels, a new bloody action game that everyone is going to get to play BUT us. When you are 18, DL will still be here. So I suggest you earn or buy 20 Plat and reserve your name. Because in 4 years, there's a good chance my name will be taken. Think about it. If you're an adult, do you really want a bunch of kids, whether mature or not, to be complaining around in a game where they're not even supposed to be. STS has made GREAT games for us, Pocket Legends and Star Legends, and they work hard on those games for us. So appreciate their effort and play those games. If your thinking, "well they just lost a customer", well, honestly they didn't. If you REALLY want to support STS, play the games that you can play, and pay for them if you want to support them.

Instead of draining mobs of their blood, turn them into a strawberry milk shake and slurp it down?

This has got to be the best joke suggestion ever.

Appleisaac
02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Only us formers under 17 will care enough not to lie about our ages :), but yeah... I get it. It's like when u want to sit in the back of the bus and all the little kids follow you.

Deathpunch
02-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Actualy ur wrong u can download the app but wen u log in to ur younger age account they would prevent u from getting into the game I'm pretty sure

Also like I said a billion times above 13 isn't a kid if ur 10 yeah that's a kid but thirTEEN rely?!

Yeah, really, 13 is a kid.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Feke
02-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Only real zombies and vampires can play this game! :D

Cahaun
02-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Only real zombies and vampires can play this game! :D

LOL!

Shaocalur
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Well aside from the extra blood the game doesn't seem all that graphic to be rated 17+. If it was that would suck and a lot of people would be missing out on what your saying is going to be the best of the Legends family.

Beanmachine
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM

Kids now these days play GTA and Saint's Row, GOW, Halo so this is definitely nothing compared to those gory games.
I think 13+ is definitely suitable, and besides, teenagers are imo the main audience for STS's games.

Ardon
02-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Lol the main audience pays. Kids don't really pay. I can guarantee you that the majority of profit comes from 17+

Beanmachine
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Lol the main audience pays. Kids don't really pay. I can guarantee you that the majority of profit comes from 17+

That's the profit, but when the PL first came, it was designed for kids. And their parents would pay and during holidays or special events, they would get iTunes cards to buy plat.

StompArtist
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
So STS has got most the kiddie market cornered and is expanding to a more mature market. Nothing wrong with that.

Beanmachine
02-28-2012, 02:34 PM
So STS has got most the kiddie market cornered and is expanding to a more mature market. Nothing wrong with that.

What I'm saying is that even though it is expanding to a more mature market, DL is still suitable for 13+ as my reason stated before kids playing gory and bloody games already. What would STS rather have, a limited market or an open, bigger, market.

StompArtist
02-28-2012, 02:36 PM
What I'm saying is that even though it is expanding to a more mature market, DL is still suitable for 13+ as my reason stated before kids playing gory and bloody games already. What would STS rather have, a limited market or an open, bigger, market.

STS does not establish the age rating on games. The markets do so it's up to Apple, Droid and Chrome...

Just like your traditional ESBR ratings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board

ninjaduck
02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Limited range would be better. Then there wouldnt be so much of a concentration on one game, and hopefully more revenue from all the games put together.

^Probably wrong but shut up im new to finance :(

Elyseon
02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Just because kids these days already play gory games is no argument for DL to be allowable for kids of 13.

Not every kid plays gory games so those who say they do have no right to say their standards should make the game accessible for all kids that age. Some ppl wouldnt allow violence like this for their kids so a 13+ rating would be very deceptive.

Also for those who reserved their names and may be too young. You still will be able to play you just might have to wait a few years. Also you reserved the name for a game that had little more than a name and theme released about it. I would say you have no complaint to make as you jumped into this before a single screenshot was released.

Ardon
02-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Just because kids these days already play gory games is no argument for DL to be allowable for kids of 13.

Not every kid plays gory games so those who say they do have no right to say their standards should make the game accessible for all kids that age. Some ppl wouldnt allow violence like this for their kids so a 13+ rating would be very deceptive.

Also for those who reserved their names and may be too young. You still will be able to play you just might have to wait a few years. Also you reserved the name for a game that had little more than a name and theme released about it. I would say you have no complaint to make as you jumped into this before a single screenshot was released.

+ 1

Appleisaac
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM

I understand we will probably get a platinum refund, and that you guys are all sick of hearing us complain so after this post I will stop. To be fair you make a very valid point in your first two paragraphs, but I am not going to wait a few years to get my name reservation -_-. You also say we should have no complaints because we "jumped into this too early, but this game was advertised on two 13+ games. That's like if they advertised for Call of Duty on Disney Channel. You really have to see why we would believe the game would be rated 13+.

Also, except some of the-16s on forums, no one will respect the age restriction. The only ones being kept from the game are those of us who respect sts's rules ;).

P.S. not all hope is lost -16s :) there has been no "official age restrictions" yet (even though they aren't letting us into thier website -_-). We still MIGHT get to play this game :).

For you guys who are 17+, if the game is rated 17+ enjoy it :), but don't forget about us in pl and sl ;)...

Beanmachine
02-29-2012, 12:08 AM
I understand we will probably get a platinum refund, and that you guys are all sick of hearing us complain so after this post I will stop. To be fair you make a very valid point in your first two paragraphs, but I am not going to wait a few years to get my name reservation -_-. You also say we should have no complaints because we "jumped into this too early, but this game was advertised on two 13+ games. That's like if they advertised for Call of Duty on Disney Channel. You really have to see why we would believe the game would be rated 13+.

Also, except some of the-16s on forums, no one will respect the age restriction. The only ones being kept from the game are those of us who respect sts's rules ;).

P.S. not all hope is lost -16s :) there has been no "official age restrictions" yet (even though they aren't letting us into thier website -_-). We still MIGHT get to play this game :).

For you guys who are 17+, if the game is rated 17+ enjoy it :), but don't forget about us in pl and sl ;)...

Both points, Ely and your's have good valid points. I think what's best, as you mentioned, if it does happen to be 17+, don't just wait to play a game. Stick to pl or sl or even invest into another one. I'm hopefully going to try the block building beta thingy which is like an action version of mine craft, and hey if I like it, I'll start playing that instead.

Marmalade
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
That's like if they advertised for Call of Duty on Disney Channel. You really have to see why we would believe the game would be rated 13+.

But they do that....

Honestly, I really doubt it will be 17+; IMO, the reason for the restriction for the video is the cleavage, not the gore. I can still hope....

razerfingers
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM

Sorry but im not gonna wait a few years to be 17 in order to get my reserved name id play it on my dads tablet or something if it becomes 17+ cause thats rediculous i coulda used that 20 plat for something else lol
/end rantish

Elyseon
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Im not saying you want to wait that long, im just saying it doesnt make ur reservation null. Also Im not trying to say that you shouldnt or wont get a plat refund. STS is very understanding and you most likely we be able to get your 20 plat back.
Also STS is obviously going to promote an upcoming title in their other games. Its like TV channel show previous for a new show that will be coming soon before it has been rated.

Zero2570
02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
But they do that....

Honestly, I really doubt it will be 17+; IMO, the reason for the restriction for the video is the cleavage, not the gore. I can still hope....

Im 19 btw... seriously clevage? lmao what cleavage? Nothing different from SL clevage.. but its more realistic... Lol you guys were focused on gore i was lookin at the vamp teleports from dungeon to dungeon.... apprently "dark arts" will be involved and im guessin a vamp will use a "darker" magic than pl.

Elyseon
02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
But they do that....

Im 19 btw... seriously clevage? lmao what cleavage? Nothing different from SL clevage.. but its more realistic... Lol you guys were focused on gore i was lookin at the vamp teleports from dungeon to dungeon.... apprently "dark arts" will be involved and im guessin a vamp will use a "darker" magic than pl.

Agreed, im pretty sure it was the fact that blood was dripping from her mouth. Idk generally movies are rated higher for violence than suggestiveness

ninjaduck
02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
17+ restriction might give some players a feel of a more "compatible" environment, for example more maturity and just basic "calmness" you viscious younglings dont have :cool:

Snakespeare
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry but im not gonna wait a few years to be 17 in order to get my reserved name id play it on my dads tablet or something if it becomes 17+ cause thats rediculous i coulda used that 20 plat for something else lol
/end rantish

If it is different from PL and SL (14+), I have no doubt you can petition to have your plat refunded.

Remember, that decision is not STS's to make. There are agencies who rate games, and the distributors also get a say. So it's really not in STS's hands. I'm sure if these outside agencies tell them 17+, they will be willing to refund your 20 plat if you admit to being under 17.

However, if a person under 17 plays, because of lying about their age, there is no way for them to know short of going to your house and asking to see your ID. They mentioned this when they had to ban someone who complained about the Pwnies having adult conversations and saying he was only 12. They said, basically, ignorance is bliss, and they would prefer to be blissful. ;)

Popular
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
eeh both is fine to me

but i'd like 17+ -3-

mahdi12243
03-01-2012, 12:33 PM
noooooooooooooooo keep at 13 + or how am I supposed to play it cause I a'int 17 I am 15 and i love this game so please keep it at 13+ and i also voted it as 13+

Ardon
03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
noooooooooooooooo keep at 13 + or how am I supposed to play it cause I a'int 17 I am 15 and i love this game so please keep it at 13+ and i also voted it as 13+

Its not STS' decision. There is still PL and SL if it does end up 17+

ninjaduck
03-01-2012, 12:41 PM
STS tried to influence it to be higher rated than PL and SL, I mean, look at the teaser trailer for instance!

A more mature playing environment will be no doubt different, maybe for better, or worse, we dont know.

Ardon
03-01-2012, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=ninjaduck;580580]STS tried to influence it to be higher rated than PL and SL, I mean, look at the teaser trailer for instance!

/QUOTE]

Which awesome IMO. I couldnt get into PL because of the childish look and SL is okay, but only grabs my antention because of the scifi theme.

Ardon
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Ugh lol cant even fix these dam typos on tapalk

I remember there being a modify(edit) button, not sure where that went lol

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Also i doubt its gonna be 17+ grand theft auto is 17+ because of sexual content, drugs, violence, etc so some blood gore not even close to being 17+ and im just sayin thay from the few seconds of gameplay ive seen of dl so if i wrong ohh well.

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Ugh lol cant even fix these dam typos on tapalk

I remember there being a modify(edit) button, not sure where that went lol

You tap on your post then it shows modify you hit that and then it shows edit and you tap that :P also sorry for double post lol

Ardon
03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
You tap on your post then it shows modify you hit that and then it shows edit and you tap that :P also sorry for double post lol

I know how to use it, the button jusy isnt there for me. Running on the latest tapatalk version and have done multiple reinstalls.

ninjaduck
03-01-2012, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=ninjaduck;580580]STS tried to influence it to be higher rated than PL and SL, I mean, look at the teaser trailer for instance!

/QUOTE]

Which awesome IMO. I couldnt get into PL because of the childish look and SL is okay, but only grabs my antention because of the scifi theme.

Agreed.

morfic
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Solution: Get rid of all the blood in the game. Replace it with Confetti. Instead of biting necks, just make em kissing a cheek. You can even replace the blood splatter from biting, with the little heart animation from valentines day.

Problem solved! Age 13+, kisses, confetti, and hearts! Instead of blood and gore! Oh and don't forget the Gurgox fart emote. Weeeee

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Solution: Get rid of all the blood in the game. Replace it with Confetti. Instead of biting necks, just make em kissing a cheek. You can even replace the blood splatter from biting, with the little heart animation from valentines day.

Problem solved! Age 13+, kisses, confetti, and hearts! Instead of blood and gore! Oh and don't forget the Gurgox fart emote. Weeeee
-_-

ninjaduck
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Solution: Sts announce officially its 17+. Anyone lying about age will be banned. People who moan will be ignored.

Outcome: a much more mature game, and therefore a beter game.

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Solution: Sts announce officially its 17+.

link plz? :(

Ardon
03-01-2012, 04:31 PM
link plz? :(

Hes just sayonh thats a solution. Read his post

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Hes just sayonh thats a solution. Read his post

-_- sorry... No coma=MEGA CONFUSION ;) lol...

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
So making that 17+ is like making grand theft auto 13+ and rated teen thats how i see it. And the ban you if your too young so what why ban? Its a little extreme to say sorry cant play are games anymore cause you broke the law. For instance i play black ops and battlefield 3 and saints row the third i am not 17+ but my parents know im mature enough to play them and not go around copying the stuff i see ingame so i think its too extreme to ban domone who is 15 playing a 17+ game and also theres people younger than me playing black ops and battlefield 3 so try keeping lower audience awah good luck. Even if its the law..

Ardon
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
So making that 17+ is like making grand theft auto 13+ and rated teen thats how i see it. And the ban you if your too young so what why ban? Its a little extreme to say sorry cant play are games anymore cause you broke the law. For instance i play black ops and battlefield 3 and saints row the third i am not 17+ but my parents know im mature enough to play them and not go around copying the stuff i see ingame so i think its too extreme to ban domone who is 15 playing a 17+ game and also theres people younger than me playing black ops and battlefield 3 so try keeping lower audience awah good luck. Even if its the law..

STS had to ban a 12 yr old when he said he was 12. I'm sure they'll do it if STS find out because it's the law.

ninjaduck
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
You get banned cos you broke the rules.

Making it 17+ means LESS people will cheat their way in. Of course many like you will try, but as we have had on the forums, you probs will get temp-banned until your older.

Edit: Very true, ardon. People under 17 who want to play DL, will just have to grin and bear it, and accept that there are 2 other award winning games which also will have new maps for them to explore.

Taipan
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Ummm why is everyone acting like it has already been made 17+?

Ardon
03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Ummm why is everyone acting like it has already been made 17+?

It's all just hypothetically talk with some support for it. We have no real solid info that it will be 17+ but it is kinda suggested that it will be more mature and the trailer and website are suggestive.

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 06:45 PM
We are just hoping for it.

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I sense a lot of ignorance in this thread just sayin.. and if its the law cool i mean if dl is so epic ill just have my dad download it no harm no foul i got parent consent to play it what can sts do about that? Umm id say nothing but thats me. And ive seen quite a few older players way less mature than me so yeah..

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 07:06 PM
The fact is the law is the law, and it isnt designed specifically for you or for me. Some people can drink alcohol and control themselves so they can still drive a car safely. Some people can text and still focus on the road. But those people still have to abide by the laws.

The issue is also that the government just doesnt want kids to be unnecessarily exposed to violence, sure you can handle but what about the kid that makes it his life so much he becomes a serial killers (yes i know the example is extreme). The governments in charge whether we like it or not. When you're 18 you can vote for politician in favor of lowering game ratings.

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
The fact is the law is the law, and it isnt designed specifically for you or for me. Some people can drink alcohol and control themselves so they can still drive a car safely. Some people can text and still focus on the road. But those people still have to abide by the laws.

The issue is also that the government just doesnt want kids to be unnecessarily exposed to violence, sure you can handle but what about the kid that makes it his life so much he becomes a serial killers (yes i know the example is extreme). The governments in charge whether we like it or not. When you're 18 you can vote for politician in favor of lowering game ratings.

Whether its game raring or not i can have a parent with me and buy a 17+ game with m money so back to parent consent STS cant ban me because my dad says i can play this game and the rating is over reacting just to not get sued so still they cant really do anything in my opinion if my dad says i can play it. Also there is suggestive themes in star legends you dont see me complaining that it should be 17+ so why is that video on the site 17+? When there the female characters in sl show more than that lol thats my observation

Ardon
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Whether its game raring or not i can have a parent with me and buy a 17+ game with m money so back to parent consent STS cant ban me because my dad says i can play this game and the rating is over reacting just to not get sued so still they cant really do anything in my opinion if my dad says i can play it. Also there is suggestive themes in star legends you dont see me complaining that it should be 17+ so why is that video on the site 17+? When there the female characters in sl show more than that lol thats my observation

The difference is that nothing is really known on the Internet. People lie, so when age comes into play, it's a solid hammer, no "but my parents downloaded it"

Lies exist abundantly and you can never know the truth so when someone says they're underage on a forum they'd be banned. That's that.

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
The difference is that nothing is really known on the Internet. People lie, so when age comes into play, it's a solid hammer, no "but my parents downloaded it"

Lies exist abundantly and you can never know the truth so when someone says they're underage on a forum they'd be banned. That's that.

Yeah but whos gonna say they're younger than the age requirement? And how they gonna check everyone that downloads it even if they dont have a forum account.

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 07:46 PM
True actually ratings have no legal right(edit) at all, so my previous post was somewhat innacurrate, the government only put restrictions on the privacy of those below 13.

However STS could require an age limit in the ToS like they do now and they could require you to be 17 atleast. After reading up on some legal stuff and ratings, I doubt they will do this(although i wouldnt mind it). it could get a higher rating in which case what you said would work.

StompArtist
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
True actually ratings have no legal influence at all, so my previous post was somewhat innacurrate, the government only put restrictions on the privacy of those below 13.

However STS could require an age limit in the ToS like they do now and they could require you to be 17 atleast. After reading up on some legal stuff and ratings, I doubt they will do this(although i wouldnt mind it). it could get a higher rating in which case what you said would work.

The markets enforce having an age rating. What people do with age rated product is up to them. What the law does state is that chat features make games and website at least 13+ and knowledge of an underage chatter requires the website to get rid of the youngster. :D

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
True actually ratings have no legal influence at all, so my previous post was somewhat innacurrate, the government only put restrictions on the privacy of those below 13.

The markets enforce having an age rating. What people do with age rated product is up to them. What the law does state is that chat features make games and website at least 13+ and knowledge of an underage chatter requires the website to get rid of the youngster. :D

Yes markets and retail places will often require an age limit, but it isnt illegal to buy them still, you would just take a lot of pressure if you sold any game to anyone. The legal issue actually restricts what can be known of kids under 13, easiest way to fix it is require 13+

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
True actually ratings have no legal right(edit) at all, so my previous post was somewhat innacurrate, the government only put restrictions on the privacy of those below 13.

Im saying like that video on website i watched it with my dad and i was like its no diffrent than my highschool without the blood and no diffrent than the cleavage on sl lol

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Im saying like that video on website i watched it with my dad and i was like its no diffrent than my highschool without the blood and no diffrent than the cleavage on sl lol

He has a point about the sl cleavage XD

Lowlyspy
03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah but whos gonna say they're younger than the age requirement? And how they gonna check everyone that downloads it even if they dont have a forum account.

Actually quite a few people say their ages both ingame and on the forums all the time. Need i remind you when Pandar told everyone about the 13+ requirement on the forums and ingame and Veoveoveo came forward, accepting the rules and what would happen if he did, and told them he was under age. IMO that is a very honorable thing to do and despite the fact that Veo got banned until he was of age i have the utmost respect for him because of that. Raze, do what you want but if I see anyone under the age limit of DL (whatever it turns out to be) i will report them, and if it does turn out to be 17+ and i see you ingame knowing full well you are breaking the rating, i will not hesitate to report you. Nothing personal.

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Wait a second... So if the government doesn't care about age restrictions (other then chat being 13+) why is everyone saying you will be banned if your under 17?

Ardon
03-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Wait a second... So if the government doesn't care about age restrictions (other then chat being 13+) why is everyone saying you will be banned if your under 17?

13+ means If you're under 13 you're banned.

17+ means it you're under 17 you get banned

We don't know the rating yet, but it seems to be more mature and gory than SL and PL. It may be 17+ so yeah

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
13+ means If you're under 13 you're banned.

17+ means it you're under 17 you get banned

We don't know the rating yet, but it seems to be more mature and gory than SL and PL. It may be 17+ so yeah

:-/ didn't really answer question...

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Actually quite a few people say their ages both ingame and on the forums all the time. Need i remind you when Pandar told everyone about the 13+ requirement on the forums and ingame and Veoveoveo came forward, accepting the rules and what would happen if he did, and told them he was under age. IMO that is a very honorable thing to do and despite the fact that Veo got banned until he was of age i have the utmost respect for him because of that. Raze, do what you want but if I see anyone under the age limit of DL (whatever it turns out to be) i will report them, and if it does turn out to be 17+ and i see you ingame knowing full well you are breaking the rating, i will not hesitate to report you. Nothing personal.
Fine by me and ill know who helped get me banned nothin personal i might be mad for a little bit ill be using a nw ign so challege accepted :P and also how are they gonna ban me from DL and make it to where i can still play PL and SL? Hmmm kinda puts them in a pickle to ban or not.

Lowlyspy
03-01-2012, 09:14 PM
:-/ didn't really answer question...
The government does care about it. There's a difference between buying console game (going to gamestop and buying the disc) and playing an MMO like PL. If you are under the rating then without a parent or legal guardian there to give you the ok the cashier is not legally allowed to sell you the game (like a 16 year old trying to buy dead space without their parents). To my understanding it doesn't matter if your parents give you the okay for something like PL since there is no real way to confirm whether your parents really did give you permission or not, so if you are caught playing while you are under the rating they will ban you until you are legally allowed to play so to protect themselves from getting a hefty fine.

Fine by me and ill know who helped get me banned nothin personal i might be mad for a little bit ill be using a nw ign so challege accepted :P and also how are they gonna ban me from DL and make it to where i can still play PL and SL? Hmmm kinda puts them in a pickle to ban or not.

I'm certain they can find a way.

Ardon
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Unless it's an IP/device ban I don't see the problem in banning someone from different games.

As per changing IGNs, that account would be banned and you'd have to restart. And the chance of it happening again is always there

Appleisaac
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM

@lowly
so does this mean that this post^ is wrong?

OvigorothO
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Not to take sides or tear you but this "law" isn't enforced. 90% of.children who play video games have rated M games.who doesn't have cod? Or halo? Gta? All are rated M all kids have heard of them and most own one or the other.but do they get arrested for it? Fined? Nope.

OvigorothO
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Another example of these so called illegal things is jailbreaking of an apple device.its actually become close to half and half between non jailbreaking and jailbreaking users.not to count those who have attempted to jailbreak or those who want to jailbreak but are scared to mess up.just think about it

Ardon
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Not to take sides or tear you but this "law" isn't enforced. 90% of.children who play video games have rated M games.who doesn't have cod? Or halo? Gta? All are rated M all kids have heard of them and most own one or the other.but do they get arrested for it? Fined? Nope.

True but this is an mmo where the forum is a part of the game too.

There have been people banned here because they were underage. It's not 100% fullproof but when someone is found to be under age they get banned.

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
A game rating such as by the esrb is independent from the government, the government does not enforce it. Some retail store and online markets do. The governments only thing to do with it is making the gamea be for 13+. The only way it could be restricted higher is by STS adding to their ToS which i would not at all mind them doing.

Lowlyspy
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Didn't read my post all the way huh? You are referring to console games and the ESRB ratings they get. I can assure you from personal experience these laws are very enforced (i was that kid who tried to buy dead space without his parents, i was told no by the cashier after he checked my ID). You claim 90% of kids play those games, i won't argue with that because you are probly right. HOWEVER, nowhere did i say that you could get arrested or fined for playing games like CoD under the age rating, i said that you cannot buy them without your parents there to tell the cashier that you could or you have to have your parents buy it for you.

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Didn't read my post all the way huh? You are referring to console games and the ESRB ratings they get. I can assure you from personal experience these laws are very enforced (i was that kid who tried to buy dead space without his parents, i was told no by the cashier after he checked my ID). You claim 90% of kids play those games, i won't argue with that because you are probly right. HOWEVER, nowhere did i say that you could get arrested or fined for playing games like CoD underage rating, i said that you cannot buy them without your parents there to tell the cashier that you could or you have to have your parents buy it for you.

Depends on store policy technically, but yes, the vast majority of stores enforce these ratings.

Vhigdo
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
A game rating such as by the esrb is independent from the government, the government does not enforce it. Some retail store and online markets do. The governments only thing to do with it is making the gamea be for 13+. The only way it could be restricted higher is by STS adding to their ToS which i would not at all mind them doing.

You beat me to the punch... people thinking you get arrested or fined from ESRB lol... it isn't legally enforceable in any way. But most stores and companies follow the ESRB and won't sell your game unless it has and ESRB rating.

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
The only legal thing the ESRB has is that if ur game is rated by them you are legally forced to print the rating clearly (for physical games in a specified place)

razerfingers
03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
So you all dont take my last post seriosuly it was meant to be quite part of a joke im not gonna go into a gsme just to see if i get banned...

Elyseon
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
So you all dont take my last post seriosuly it was meant to be quite part of a joke im not gonna go into a gsme just to see if i get banned...

But it sounds so fun to do xD