PDA

View Full Version : False str/dex/int mage guides!

NRGstorm
02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
This is not a guide, just my opinion & questions w/ an open discussion.

I've read countless guides for mages.
From 100% INT = "Nuke Mages" aka "Glass Mages" because they die quick.
To STR/INT Mages for Tanking & AOE.
All of these theories is false and depends on your style of play.
IMO there's no such thing as a Tank-mage.
Mages aren't meant for tanking. Our starting health is 400. We aren't Bears.
They say STR/INT mages have higher survivability. WRONG!
I have a DEX/INT mage, 4k+ kills & 8 deaths. Deaths came from my ping spiking to 800+
IMO, I rather dodge than tank a hit. lol, who wouldn't?

Survivability starts from the way you play. If you play hit and run like I do then you're survive more.
For example, I cast BOM & BOV, run in a mob, Lightning - Ice storm - Firestorm, & run away, but not too far for the CPU run back & keep re-casting my skills.
Also skills will help you. (BOM, BOV, HEAL, COMBOS)

If you plan on "tanking" then your survivability is low. Heal + Magic Shield + BOV + HP pots won't last you very long if you're in the middle of a mob.

What's the point of being a 40/60 STR/INT mage? For more armor & health? It should be 60/40 instead so you can upgrade to STR armor for that LEVEL instead of being Lv30 w/ a Lv20-Lv25 STR armor.

Thedexfalcon
03-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Well, you're looking it at a different point of view in my opinion. Pallies survive longer in battle and they often keep close to the bear while dex mages and int mages just support fire. So when players support fire, they usually get a tonne of kills and die less. Tanking with a mage, well you can't but it's still possible but just not as easy. So that's why pallies stick closer to the bear than any other chars unless they are str too. Not quite encountered as tanking when you have a bear as a front man.

Sryyoulose
03-08-2012, 02:31 AM
This is correct up until level 50!