PDA

View Full Version : Bows vs talon+shield (pure dex bird)???

Superdexme
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM
What is better talon or bow?? And which one contributes more to skill damage?

Suentous PO
02-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Depends on what you want. Pvp or pve? To oversimplify bows give you more damage and the ability to kite farther away at the expense of a talon allowing you to use a wing/shield and thus have more armor. Skill damage is upped by maxing dex.
There are exceptions due to gear being varied in stats. Again im oversimplifying a bit, and revealing my preference.

Buddyf97
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
General rule of thumb: Higher weapon damage? Higher skill damage! The talon will have a lower damage but might have a faster speed to counteract that. Also the added armor is helpful. For pvp useage, talon is the way to go until the 40s. Then you wanna switch to bow and kill those enimies as fast as you can!

Swords
02-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Talon + Shield = Armor,Dodge and maybe Dps and also for dexterity tanking

Bow = Serious damage and dps, Increases skill damage

Bunnyshoota
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Try to go str bird until level 41........................Most bows and dex weapons do to little damage because your buffs dont add damage like the rage for warriors and the BoM for mages.

Sryyoulose
02-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Try to go str bird until level 41........................Most bows and dex weapons do to little damage because your buffs dont add damage like the rage for warriors and the BoM for mages.

Not always best option... DEX is fine to... So is str/int(for toyman/candle)

Aquilasoul
02-15-2012, 01:02 AM
What is better talon or bow?? And which one contributes more to skill damage?

bow more damage to skill

Imsebastiaanl
02-15-2012, 01:52 AM
For pvp bow, for pve (dungeon) talon.

Mageprodigy
02-15-2012, 05:16 AM
Bow Imo best cos of the huge dmg it does

Superdexme
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
It's for pve

JaytB
02-16-2012, 01:02 PM
The way I see it, for PVE, is that a bird is meant to deal the maximum amount of dmg on a single target. And a talon just won't cut it for me. A talon can be a valid option when there are no mages in the group or when you're running in a weak party. Armor can be needed in these situations. But to me, it kind of defeats the purpose of a bird. We use birds in our farming parties to speed up boss kills, but that would only be valid when said birds are using bows. Talon birds just don't deal nearly as much dmg as bow birds, and as said, dmg dealing should be the nr1 priority of a PVE bird IMO.

So, personally, I would definitely go for a bow instead of a talon. Or even better, go for both, and switch according to the group you're in :)

wvhills
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
The way I see it, for PVE, is that a bird is meant to deal the maximum amount of dmg on a single target. And a talon just won't cut it for me. A talon can be a valid option when there are no mages in the group or when you're running in a weak party. Armor can be needed in these situations. But to me, it kind of defeats the purpose of a bird. We use birds in our farming parties to speed up boss kills, but that would only be valid when said birds are using bows. Talon birds just don't deal nearly as much dmg as bow birds, and as said, dmg dealing should be the nr1 priority of a PVE bird IMO.

So, personally, I would definitely go for a bow instead of a talon. Or even better, go for both, and switch according to the group you're in :)

Yes, to Jaytb you should listen. Useless is a bird who doesn't massive damage do. Bows required to do massive damage are. A bear you should be if armor in pve you want. Choose xbow if kite the boss you must; otherwise a recurve or longbow you should use. I am now very tired, rest, rest I must.

JaytB
02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes, to Jaytb you should listen. Useless is a bird who doesn't massive damage do. Bows required to do massive damage are. A bear you should be if armor in pve you want. Choose xbow if kite the boss you must; otherwise a recurve or longbow you should use. I am now very tired, rest, rest I must.

Yoda? Is that you?