PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Monsters That You Can Not Kill

Hatchet
04-17-2010, 03:08 AM
There has been several instances while playing a level where there would be 1 monster that you run into that was just frozen still, you couldn't target it or kill it. If you killed all the other monsters on that level, you couldn't advance to the next level, since the 1 frozen one is still left. Only way out at this point is to exit the game.

When I say frozen, I don't mean the frozen spell cast on the monster. I mean frozen, as just standing still.

bodalgo
04-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Here is an additional info on that one: This bug seems to happen when you run away from the monster's "home base" that far that the monster turns around running home to get healthy again. But sometimes, the poor guy does not seem to know where to go and keeps standing still.

You can hit him - no effect. He will not touch you either. He is just standing there, probably enjoying the scenery ...

SMELTN
04-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Had this happen the other day myself. Eventually he finally went back though..

_ck
04-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Yeah, it tends to happen if you run away from where the mobs "starting point" is, and then turning a corner. Eventually he'll try to wander back, but tries to wander back in a straight path which he can't after turning a corner, and then he gets stuck/frozen and un-killable. It's happened a few times to me, at least one time I tried to run back away from him to another section of the level, then going back by which time he'd become unstuck.. So try that (not a guarantee it'll work, but I have seen it work without having to quit the level).

Justg
04-17-2010, 09:34 AM
This is a tough one for us to reproduce. We know it is there, I have seen it too, but thus far I can't get it to happen on a regular basis. Thanks for helping us track this one down, I would love a consistent reproducible case.

_ck
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
This is a tough one for us to reproduce. We know it is there, I have seen it too, but thus far I can't get it to happen on a regular basis. Thanks for helping us track this one down, I would love a consistent reproducible case.

I just replayed the only level where I've had it happen to me and I was able to reproduce the bug twice (playing an Archer). On Level 2 of Forest Haven, play through until the very end. Kill off everyone until you only have the last three zombies left that stand right up against the castle entrance. Kill off the speedy zombie first just to make things easier, then take aim at the one on the left (if you are facing towards the entrance) and shoot him once to get him to follow you. String him along by moving incrementally (without attacking more), and by the time he gets to where there's a curve in the path (where there's a skeleton on the ground next to the big tree), he should get stuck. After a little while he'll regain his full health, and then just keep standing there.

SMELTN
04-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Reproducted this myself on the same level

Hatchet
04-17-2010, 12:15 PM
It happened to me on the Forest Haven levels inside the crypts, where the monster was frozen standing next to a wall. I haven't tried reproducing it, but after reading the other posts in here. It did seemed to happen when I was running away from the monster and being chased, then he turns away. Then I turn around and find him frozen.