PDA

View Full Version : Tip for iphone users if Dark Legends comes out for droid first.

Econodeath
02-15-2012, 07:29 AM
I found out by accident that if you have a droid phone that isn't connected to service you can use wifi
and still use the device for internet and most important GAMES!!!!
I still have my droid x I used to use before switching to the iphone (which my job gave me) and just realized this.
Anyway if you have a droid type phone and now have an ios device you can play Dark Legends if it comes out for droid
first. Hopefully this can help alot of people. I know its dissapointing when you feel you can't play the new STS games if
they come out for android devices first.

Keep smiling and I hope I added a smile to someones day.

Skeletonlord
02-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I found out by accident that if you have a droid phone that isn't connected to service you can use wifi
and still use the device for internet and most important GAMES!!!!
I still have my droid x I used to use before switching to the iphone (which my job gave me) and just realized this.
Anyway if you have a droid type phone and now have an ios device you can play Dark Legends if it comes out for droid
first. Hopefully this can help alot of people. I know its dissapointing when you feel you can't play the new STS games if
they come out for android devices first.

Keep smiling and I hope I added a smile to someones day.

What exactly do you mean? Ios users can play Dark legends? Apple dont allow beta tests. Could you explain this further?

JaytB
02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
What exactly do you mean? Ios users can play Dark legends? Apple dont allow beta tests. Could you explain this further?

I think he means you could connect the device to a wifi network without having a sim in it. Not sure though, cause this has always been possible with any mobile device I know of. Could be wrong here though *confuzed*

Crunchee
02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
I think he means you could connect the device to a wifi network without having a sim in it. Not sure though, cause this has always been possible with any mobile device I know of. Could be wrong here though *confuzed*

Not all of them :) Before I switched to my Galaxy Royal, I was using a Sony Ericsson X8. I couldn't switch on wifi when I turned on flight mode.

And, I don't think this is a tip for ios device users as well... You still need an android device to play dl beta.

Shellkaz
02-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Yes,to think that is exactly what he means. If u have access to an android device, phone or tab, u can us it to play DL until it comes outif or apple.

I have a droid 2 and recently switched to iPhone 4. I had boxed up the droid (removed battery) and stuck it in the closet just in case I needed a spare phone fast. Any how yesterday, just for goofs n giggles, I pulled it out of storage, put the battery back in and fired it up. I had to upgrade the software but once all that was done I was able to download PL and start playing on wi-fi only.

You don't need to have phone service connected to be able to access the Internet on a wi-fi capable device.

I don't know if u will be able to play DL on a droid 2 but I'm going to be getting a new tablet this Friday anyhow, so I'm covered.

I wish a Dev would give us a list of devices that they know for sure will be able to run DL.

Biggest problem I had was at 5:30 am when the alarm clock on the droid went off. Lol. Forgot to turn the phone back off.

Econodeath
02-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi guys,
Sorry if I was being vague.
When I meant it was a tip for ios users I meant that if they could get their hands on a android phone like my old droid X they could turn the wifi
on that phone on. In effect they could then play any android game over the wifi network. Therefore specifically they could play Dark Legends on this
device over wifi and not be left out. I hope I am being a bit more clear. I didn't mean that there was some patch or bug that would enable lets say an iphone
4 to load an android based game. Sorry if I confused everyone.

Also not to ignore the airplane mode that was brought up. I have that on my droid X and it is turned off.
I am not a very technical person when it comes to electronics so I am not exactly sure what airplane mode does.
I am more of a mechanical type person. Ask me about hydrolics or heavy equipment then I can rock the clubhouse.

Again I am sorry if I caused confusion. I only meant to try and bring something up that I found out thinking it could
help some players get to play Dark Legends when it comes out instead of waiting.

Econodeath
02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes,to think that is exactly what he means. If u have access to an android device, phone or tab, u can us it to play DL until it comes outif or apple.

I have a droid 2 and recently switched to iPhone 4. I had boxed up the droid (removed battery) and stuck it in the closet just in case I needed a spare phone fast. Any how yesterday, just for goofs n giggles, I pulled it out of storage, put the battery back in and fired it up. I had to upgrade the software but once all that was done I was able to download PL and start playing on wi-fi only.

You don't need to have phone service connected to be able to access the Internet on a wi-fi capable device.

I don't know if u will be able to play DL on a droid 2 but I'm going to be getting a new tablet this Friday anyhow, so I'm covered.

I wish a Dev would give us a list of devices that they know for sure will be able to run DL.

Biggest problem I had was at 5:30 am when the alarm clock on the droid went off. Lol. Forgot to turn the phone back off.

Exactly what I did!!!!!
That is so funny. My alarm went off at 2:00 am though.
Last time I used the phone was when I was opening up the yard early to load export containers cause we were
way over booked on orders. Thats so funny!!!
Thank you for understanding what I meant.
I hate when I can't express myself properly.

Kaytar
02-15-2012, 08:39 AM
I had an ipod all summer and literally the day SL came out for apple, I got an android! :mad:

Econodeath
02-15-2012, 08:42 AM
I had an ipod all summer and literally the day SL came out for apple, I got an android! :mad:

Wow!
I hope you had and continue to have an amazing
Time playing and enjoy the android device

JaytB
02-15-2012, 08:48 AM
@Eco

Got ya :)

Wasn't really sure what you meant because my older smartphones were always able to connect to wifi without a simcard in it. That apparently doesn't seem to work on all devices, so I'm sure this post can prove usefull to the people who didn't know about all this.

And airplane mode basically switches off all radio transmitters (WiFi/Blutooth/Cell) in your device. Mainly to prevent signal interference with the sensitive electronics on an airplane, hence the name 'airplane mode' :)

Skeletonlord
02-15-2012, 08:56 AM
airplane mode- I was wondering what that was. Thanks!

Econodeath
02-15-2012, 08:57 AM
@Eco

Wasn't really sure what you meant because my older smartphones were always able to connect to wifi without a simcard in it. That apparently doesn't seem to work on all devices, so I'm sure this post can prove usefull to the people who didn't know about all this.

And airplane mode basically switches off all radio transmitters (WiFi/Blutooth/Cell) in your device. Mainly to prevent signal interference with the sensitive electronics on an airplane, hence the name 'airplane mode' :)

I'm happy its all cleared up now. Maybe some people can gain from this.

And thankyou for explaining airplane mode to me. Believe it or not you just helped me alot.
I will be flying to australia in a few months for business. I just bought myself a pair of bose noise canceling
headphones (Which I highly recommend) so I have something to listen to on the flight. Now I won't get in
trouble. LOL

KTpantyhose
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
im glad that my phone is ios and my tablet is android hehe :D

synco123
03-14-2012, 07:48 PM
@Eco

i wanna be in cot add rememberawe please

synco123
03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
can i be in guild add rememberawe

RedRyder
03-14-2012, 08:15 PM
You don't want to be in COT.. We're full of noobs, elitist noobs.
We're a bad crowd, I promise ;)