PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a list of devices that are known capable of handling DL?

Shellkaz
02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I realize that this would be a work in progress, but it would help a lot of folks out if we could get a list of devices that are known to have enough horsepower to handle DL? Or a list of devices that won't be supported?

I mean I'm getting a new tablet not because of DL, but because I'm giving my iPad to my daughter to try out for her college text books. So I'll be able to play it no matter what

But for folks who don't have my financial resources, no im not rich, I have just been saving for a new tablet anyhow, it would be nice if they could start saving/checking out eBay or what have you, for a device that would work and still fit their budget.

I know that u guys have been working hard on DL and I'm really looking forward to playing it. Even though the suspense is driving me nuts. :-).

Skeletonlord
02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Since I have a ipod 4th Generation, which i only brought recently, I hope Dark legends is able to play it otherwise id have to play on chrome when Dark Legends comes out.

Ardon
02-15-2012, 08:59 AM
If they do give a list of devices it will be very limited.

One purpose for a beta is to figure out what devices work and what doesn't. So that they can try and fix it.

Though the Devs could give the minimum specs to run DL. There but having those specs wouldn't guarantee your device running DL, because there might be device specific bugs.

Samhayne
02-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Sorry matey, we're not likely to have the bandwidth to compile such a list. The main devices we're knowingly dropping support for are those playing on 1st and 2nd gen iPod Touch and early iPhones (I believe earlier than a 3G, 3GS should still be playable). The art team keeps upping the bar and the play quality on those older devices is not really the best (if you can get it to run at all). The thing is, all the newer devices out there have soooo much horsepower that it's hard not to keep building stuff to make use of it. If you're buying something new, it will probably work fine. We have a number of Kindle Fires, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Dell tablets (among other stuff) here in the office and it plays well enough on them. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Skeletonlord
02-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry matey, we're not likely to have the bandwidth to compile such a list. The main devices we're knowingly dropping support for are those playing on 1st and 2nd gen iPod Touch and early iPhones (I believe earlier than a 3G, 3GS should still be playable). The art team keeps upping the bar and the play quality on those older devices is not really the best (if you can get it to run at all). The thing is, all the newer devices out there have soooo much horsepower that it's hard not to keep building stuff to make use of it. If you're buying something new, it will probably work fine. We have a number of Kindle Fires, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Dell tablets (among other stuff) here in the office and it plays well enough on them. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks for this infomation. Very helpful! Now i know my ipod is compatible!

Deathpunch
02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I got plenty of horsepower to spare, Sam! Blast it!

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Feke
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Ghost, Zero, Agnes and I have X-Play... So.. Four members for X-Play beta testing. :)