PDA

View Full Version : L55 Mage

NotYoCookiez
02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm currently working on a level 55 Mage for pvp, NotYoBacon :)

I'm currently doing str and dex set up but I'm actually not sure what to do?

I have a fort and raid set. I'm planning on buying fury set tho, but I Think Going int with mega Mage is better.

What do you guys think? Should I switch to int or stay?

Btw I want a firm class for both CTF and pvp :D

Zapoke
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
If you use fortified on a mage, you can as good as count yourself dead. :) Personally, I would use Dex/Int and use mega mage, as you said. But, if you want pally, sell your fortified and get fury. And have at least 11 int for a pally (you get an extra M/S point for this) minimum str, and all extra into dex.

Pros

Pally
-Great flag capture set up
-Decent M/S and H/S
-High dodge

Mega Mage Elf (Wand)
-Highest M/S in-game
-Decent armor
-Best rounded for 1v1

Cons

Pally
-Low hit %
-Low damage dealer
-Kills stolen - Often.

Mega Mage Elf (Wand)
-Low effectiveness in 2v1 or 3v1 situations
-Incapable of fighting well without buffs

That's from what I remember when I used those sets, the choice, of course, is up to you. ;p

Sryyoulose
02-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Zapoke basically covered it... Except he didn't mention custom auto bow/recurve... Auto bow is good against anything accept other mages... You can own without buffs if they dont dodge to much!

NotYoCookiez
02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you for the informative reply!

What's your opinion on STR AND INT mages?

Like for CTF I need to use str right? And also pvp would be better with int?

Zapoke
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the informative reply!

What's your opinion on STR AND INT mages?

Like for CTF I need to use str right? And also pvp would be better with int?

Afraid that won't work. If you use int/str with these sets, your strength set will be terribly under powered due to complete lack of hit %, and your int sets will lose a lot of damage and hit % aswell. It's one or the other. If these sets had hit %, you would be able to. If you want to use str/dex and need to get a damage set on, I would just use dex. Here's an effective item set for dex:

Custom Xbow, Sewer King Helm, Sewer King Leather, Head Vanity, dex armor ring w/ regen.

With that set, you need to practice kiting a lot, but it's decent in both FFA and 1v1 if you get the hang of it. :)

Cytokinesis
02-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I would say go pure with an Enchanted Staff set or with a MM Wand set but if you can afford L56 Charmin'... Level to 56 ;)

NotYoCookiez
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm thinking either pure int or dex int now :)

But I might as well try str and dex since I'm already that!

Thank you guys so much, I appreciate the help :D

Sryyoulose
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
No no no! At 1-60 go half DEX every time! (60 You might be ok) but use half DEX is definitely recommended especially when your pvping pve doesn't matter quite so much!

AbsolutePally
02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
If you go pally:

Use blue hit % face

Ring:
I used a few dif ones. 2% hit 10 dmg for offense
Or
2% dodge 8 armor for ctf &ffa. (you wont be killing, youll be capping and tanking.
Depends on your style. Im a defensive player who maximized the strengths of the Fury set and tried to mimimize the weakest point which imo is hit %.
If you have the int your hit % is laughable, why have higher spell dmg if you cant land?

Build:
Minimum Str, I forget but think it is 115?
8 int (mages have 7 so start so add one)
Rest dex for HIT % and auto dmg.

Spells:
1 aoe ice & rev (always hit rev before fights)
6 (max) heal, fire, light, drain, bom, bov, mana shield, ice
Rest into weakness. Lowers enemies hit and dmg which increases your survivorabilty further and has a decent range of effect. Agaisnt str types (bears/warbirds) its essential. Vs int mages it is an iffy move bc it can easily be healed away (thats why you only cast it after you see them heal where as first vs other classes except dex birds.

Dex mages:
minimum dex rest int.
Ring: 2% crit 10 dmg
Face: angry crit face
Gear Custom Autobow set & Sewer King set (for reg m/s)

Kite kite kite. Utilize 13m range of autobow and master your 3 12m spells (ice fire drain)

Lavalamp
02-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Well I think the pure int is better from what I remember and p.s. it is my bacon x(D

AbsolutePally
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
If u get an enchanted set go 18 str 72 dex rest int.
If MM set 67 dex rest int. Crit dmg ring.